iPhone 6 and Sprint Spark

derrph

Understandable. My friend has my iPhone 5 and I see her charging it more and more than she used to.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Same here.  Picked up my i5 in October of '12.  

While in the Apple store today, the rep kept saying to me and a few others that WWDC is around the corner, and you never know what'll be announced. It seems like even store employees are hoping for a summer release of the 6.

Apple likely isn't going to break from their September release cycle. WWDC is almost entirely going to be focused on iOS 8 (and the new health and music bells & whistles) and OS X 10.10 -- They may start production of the iPhone 6 with larger displays now (as rumor sites are starting to see leaks of schematics, renders, etc), but Apple only deviated from the September yearly upgrade launch once (when AT&T lost exclusivity), then fell right back in line.

WWDC is a dev conference (and I'm so pissed that I don't have tickets this year thanks to the lottery!) -- the iPhone launch will get it's own event focused entirely on iPhone 6 and maybe iPad Air 2.

I want to upgrade my iPhone 5S pretty badly. I love it, but I want Band 41.  :)

Apple likely isn't going to break from their September release cycle. WWDC is almost entirely going to be focused on iOS 8 (and the new health and music bells & whistles) and OS X 10.10 -- They may start production of the iPhone 6 with larger displays now (as rumor sites are starting to see leaks of schematics, renders, etc), but Apple only deviated from the September yearly upgrade launch once (when AT&T lost exclusivity), then fell right back in line.

WWDC is a dev conference (and I'm so pissed that I don't have tickets this year thanks to the lottery!) -- the iPhone launch will get it's own event focused entirely on iPhone 6 and maybe iPad Air 2.

I want to upgrade my iPhone 5S pretty badly. I love it, but I want Band 41. :)

The iPhone 3GS was launched in June, as well as the 4 on AT&T, they changed to the September cycle for the 4S.

As for you getting into WWDC, sorry to hear the lotto bumped you out. I would love to go, but don't have $1,500 just lying around to throw away at such an awesome event.

The iPhone 3GS was launched in June, as well as the 4 on AT&T, they changed to the September cycle for the 4S.

As for you getting into WWDC, sorry to hear the lotto bumped you out. I would love to go, but don't have $1,500 just lying around to throw away at such an awesome event.

I've always had an employer pay my way - being an application designer has it's perks!

• Like 1

I've always had an employer pay my way - being an application designer has it's perks!

For sure. I used to be a dev on the iPhone dev program, but never was able to learn how to program in Objective-C to release anything. Hopefully soon that will change though.

For sure. I used to be a dev on the iPhone dev program, but never was able to learn how to program in Objective-C to release anything. Hopefully soon that will change though.

I only know enough to be dangerous. Fortunately, I've been paired with some really competent devs who have been able to take my designs and wireframes and make them way more functional than I could.

If you've got the time, the Stanford Objective-C course is really good. I learned a lot going through that... and the Try Objective-C course from CodeSchool is excellent.

I only know enough to be dangerous. Fortunately, I've been paired with some really competent devs who have been able to take my designs and wireframes and make them way more functional than I could.

If you've got the time, the Stanford Objective-C course is really good. I learned a lot going through that... and the Try Objective-C course from CodeSchool is excellent.

I tried the Stanford class and wasn't able to really understand it. That's why I went back to school to learn programming. And so far, I've learned I'll make a better computer tech than a programmer. :(

• Like 2

Years ago before it was selling out, I convinced my then employer to send me to a WWDC. Was great, and I got to see The Wallflowers play at Apple HQ one evening.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I hate apple product rumors. Almost all of them where wrong for iOS 8 and Yosemite. If it doesn't support spark, Im staying with my iPhone 5s until the 6s.

I think the iPhone 6 will support all bands because at the 5s event they bragged about how it supported the most bands of any other smartphone.

I believe that apple sincerely wants to get all possible bands into a single sku (aside from storage differences), the less specialty devices, the less they have to worry about specialty inventory stagnation or selling outs.

• Like 3

Apple doesn't have to implement band 41 because they choose the ecosystem whatever goes just goes. If a carrier doesn't like it then they don't have to sell the phone then thebcarrier will lose out on a lot of iPhone sales. That is why when spark was announced in the beginning they said by hey weren't sure if the iPhone would have spaark or not in the future

Apple doesn't have to implement band 41 because they choose the ecosystem whatever goes just goes. If a carrier doesn't like it then they don't have to sell the phone then thebcarrier will lose out on a lot of iPhone sales. That is why when spark was announced in the beginning they said by hey weren't sure if the iPhone would have spaark or not in the future

Apple probably wants to support China Mobile, SoftBank, and Optus along with Sprint's TD-LTE networks. They already support B38 for China Mobile and Optus. New Qualcomm modems should allow Apple to integrate B38 and B41 on a single device. I'm not sure they were able to do that before.

This better explains TD-LTE bands within the TDD part of the 3GPP ecosystem.

http://www.xgpforum.com/new_XGP/en/001/TDD_band.html

• Like 3

Apple probably wants to support China Mobile, SoftBank, and Optus along with Sprint's TD-LTE networks. They already support B38 for China Mobile and Optus. New Qualcomm modems should allow Apple to integrate B38 and B41 on a single device. I'm not sure they were able to do that before.

This better explains TD-LTE bands within the TDD part of the 3GPP ecosystem.

http://www.xgpforum.com/new_XGP/en/001/TDD_band.html

To piggyback on that, Apple is also really into the whole supply chain optimization part of business - it's great for margins to not pay out the wazoo for new bands on a device. I'm sure with a year of Qualcomm production driving component prices lower, both B38 and B41 will make an appearance in the iPhone 6.

I wasn't shocked when I saw that Apple didn't announce B41 on the iPhone 5S/C; that's never been their style.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't quite understand why there is any worry about no Spark support on the iPhone 6. Sprint said themselves that all phones launching in 2014 and beyond would support the Spark network.

Because they also said they weren't sure if Apple iPhone would receive it since they control there products to what they want it.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-says-all-phones-next-year-will-be-triband-get-hd-voice/

Because they also said they weren't sure if Apple iPhone would receive it since they control there products to what they want it.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-says-all-phones-next-year-will-be-triband-get-hd-voice/

Not to contradict that, but there's also China Mobile, which likely does have the power to mandate B41 because they have 800 million customers. If China Mobile forces Apple to support B41 this is a moot point.

Not to contradict that, but there's also China Mobile, which likely does have the power to mandate B41 because they have 800 million customers.

How many can afford an iPhone?

AJ

Not to contradict that, but there's also China Mobile, which likely does have the power to mandate B41 because they have 800 million customers. If China Mobile forces Apple to support B41 this is a moot point.

Oh your right didn't see that

Do you think they will continue with the iPhone 5 size? I'm still not convinced I want a bigger screen. But then again, when I have one I'll probably like it more.

Honestly why wouldn't they? They made a plastic iPhone to get the cheaper end of the market. Why would they give up the smaller handset market, aka females, guys with smaller hands, and people who prefer their to use their tablet as a tablet instead of their phone lol? It makes complete sense to me for them to go the three handset route, the 5/5s size, phablet size, and then the plastic cheapo model. Samsung started making at least three versions of its handset with the s4 and they're obviously making profit or they wouldn't be doing it for the s5 again. Does anyone really see apple forgoing the chance to carve out and keep more of the market?
  • Like 1

...guys with smaller hands...

Carnies?

AJ

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It is now. Lol

I am not sure if this was already a topic or not but I want to get everyone's opinion if you guys think that the next iPhone will be compatible with Sprint Spark or not? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk