iPhone 6 and Sprint Spark

derrph

With the market percentage Apple has lost to Samsung and Google over the past few years, I believe they cannot afford to underwhelm with the next release of iPhone.  The phone needs to have all of the features of Spark, plus other perks to outclass their rivals.  If they do not in this next release, they will set themselves back several years and may never catch up. 

I remember waiting for the next upgrade for BlackBerry for over a year and it did not happen.  My BlackBerry was becoming unreliable so I switched to the iPhone 5.  Now, RIM is not even close it used to be.  I just do not want to be on the side of the dinosaur again.

Apple needs to be on the front edge of the tech wave. not in the aftermath of a tsunami.

The only problem is, spark doesn't benefit their entire market share. Only the percentage on Sprint. They should include it because apple touts their phone as having "the most LTE bands of any phone," and will likely implement band 41 to up that number. I'd say their main focus is making a new phone that is actually jammed with newer/better specs than in previous years. I think apple is finally realizing that people want a bigger device and will launch one this year. Then, non-apple users can end their biggest gripe about the iPhone's screen.

The only problem is, spark doesn't benefit their entire market share. Only the percentage on Sprint. They should include it because apple touts their phone as having "the most LTE bands of any phone," and will likely implement band 41 to up that number. I'd say their main focus is making a new phone that is actually jammed with newer/better specs than in previous years. I think apple is finally realizing that people want a bigger device and will launch one this year. Then, non-apple users can end their biggest gripe about the iPhone's screen.

If they do release a bigger screen they're going to either do it without making the device bigger. Or they're going to have two models of the 6/6c(or whatever they call the plastic one). A lot of people like iPhones because they are palm sized, actually I can't name a single person I've met that has an iPhone that'd be happy if they went bigger (without keeping the current size as an option).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If they do release a bigger screen they're going to either do it without making the device bigger. Or they're going to have two models of the 6/6c(or whatever they call the plastic one). A lot of people like iPhones because they are palm sized, actually I can't name a single person I've met that has an iPhone that'd be happy if they went bigger (without keeping the current size as an option).

While I wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen, I don't really mind the screen size now. What would be a deal breaker for me and cause me to leave the Apple ecosystem: Apple not including B41 in the iPhone 6. I seriously doubt that this will happen. I'm %100 certain they will include B41 in the new iPhone.

Exactly. I'm not sure how I would feel about a larger iPhone. I like being able to reach and use the entire screen with one hand. It's really tough to do on my g2, or when I use my brother's note 3. Hand cramps aren't fun. I would possibly purchase an iPhone if they increased it to, say, 4.8" with a very slightly larger, thinner body, and almost no side/top bezel. That would work.

Exactly. I'm not sure how I would feel about a larger iPhone. I like being able to reach and use the entire screen with one hand. It's really tough to do on my g2, or when I use my brother's note 3. Hand cramps aren't fun. I would possibly purchase an iPhone if they increased it to, say, 4.8" with a very slightly larger, thinner body, and almost no side/top bezel. That would work.

My n5 is a stretch for me, and I have smallish hands(but longer than average fingers) so it sort of balances out. If they do go bigger I'm a fan of the zero bezel, zero border look to increase the size. It was a supposed "leak" of the screen that I saw somewhere.

• Like 1

But as was posted earlier, B41 is getting rolled out by China Telecom.  That's many millions of potential Apple users that they want to go after.  So it's not just USA Sprint users that will benefit.  

• Like 1

But as was posted earlier, B41 is getting rolled out by China Telecom. That's many millions of potential Apple users that they want to go after. So it's not just USA Sprint users that will benefit.

Plus they can't piss off all the people making their components;).

This is probably the best concept I have seen. Minus the curved screen, I think this is where apple might be heading with the 6. I would actually prefer the all aluminum back.

Personally I liked the rounded edges on my 3gs better than my 5. It feels better nestled Into your hand, and it was more comfortable in pockets.

• Like 1

Personally I liked the rounded edges on my 3gs better than my 5. It feels better nestled Into your hand, and it was more comfortable in pockets.

Never had a 3gs but I knew several people who did. I also prefer the rounded edges. Anyways, this thread is turning into a iPhone 6 concept thread lol. I think we have all made it clear though that we feel the chances of b41 not showing up on the iPhone are slim to none.

• Like 1

Off topic, but I agree. I actually prefer my wife's iPhone 5c with regards to ergonomics, with the rounded back. My 5 is visually appealing, but uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Give me a 5.2-5.5 inch screen with Spark and I will be a happy man. I have the LGG2 while the screen and speeds are great the apps just don't work as well with Android as the do with my iPhone.

Give me a 5.2-5.5 inch screen with Spark and I will be a happy man. I have the LGG2 while the screen and speeds are great the apps just don't work as well with Android as the do with my iPhone.

That's too big. A screen over 5" isn't very comfortable for long periods of use. Hopefully, there will be 2 new sizes like the rumors suggest. A 4.8 ish size for the iPhone faithful who maybe want a tiny bit bigger, and the rumored 5.7 to hush the people complaining about the screen being too small
  • Like 3

Plus, we can only hope that some kind of official announcement is made months before launch. We need apple to at least give developers screen specs so they can prepare their apps. I remember having many apps for at least a year with the smaller 4s size on my 5. Very annoying.

The current Iphone 5s and 5c is compatible with Sprints 1900Mhz band and 800Mhz on LTE just not compatible with 2500Mhz. At least you will get the better LTE coverage.

http://news.yahoo.com/iphone-6-production-just-weeks-131850779.html

Very excited and the bigger size would be awesome! If not I guess I would have to look at a nice big android with kit kat.

That is probably the worst concept image I have seen. The squareness does not look good with a 4.7 inch screen. I am much more for rounded edges at this point. 

http://i2.wp.com/www.thetechstorm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/iphone-6-iphonesoft-isoft-concept-31.jpg?resize=679%2C380

I just don't want the iPhone to get too big.  I like being able to easily carry it in my front pocket.  I really hope Apple offers two versions.

• Like 2

I just don't want the iPhone to get too big.  I like being able to easily carry it in my front pocket.  I really hope Apple offers two versions.

A lot of people would be okay with the current phone size ,but with a new redesign and maybe a few things changed. But there are some people, MOSTly android users, who would switch to iPhone if only it offered a bigger screen. 

• Like 1

A lot of people would be okay with the current phone size ,but with a new redesign and maybe a few things changed. But there are some people, MOSTly android users, who would switch to iPhone if only it offered a bigger screen.

I'm an iPhone owner who really wants a bigger screen or I'm switching to Android. I got a new LG G2 for a penny via amazon the problem is that it doesn't have kit kat, that update is very nice and runs very smooth. I switch every week just to familiarize myself with Android. I prefer ios and love my iPhone but I have huge hands and a 5.5 inch screen would be perfect for me. Edited by Madfelon

I'm an iPhone owner who really wants a bigger screen or I'm switching to Android. I got a new LG G2 for a penny via amazon the problem is that it doesn't have kit kat, that update is very nice and runs very smooth. I switch every week just to familiarize myself with Android.

A penny?

Yes it was an upgrade for my mothers line and since she hasn't upgrade in over 4 years I took it and flipped flopped the device onto my line.

Gotcha. I'd love to have a penny phone worth 600 bucks haha. If b41 was good enough up here, I might just convert until b26 shows up  or I get tired of android. Too bad I can't just buy one right now. Bills and stuff. Good deal though!  :tu: