Framily's Easy Pay vs 2yr subsidized pricing

MacinJosh

Warning: This thread is not for ranting, I will not tolerate it. This is for comparison only. It's similar to the Sprint LTE device thread.

This table compares the cost of buying a phone at Sprint with a 2yr contract and My Way plans vs Framily and Easy Pay. I will not compare costs with corporate discounts and Everything Data (ED) plans as you cannot walk into a Sprint store and get ED plans anymore.

• Like 20

I will be adding more devices to this table in the coming hours, so the data will fill in dynamically. As you can see just from the LG G Flex alone, if you use Easy Pay and aggressively add people to your Framily, it's quite the deal.

• Like 1

I will be adding more devices to this table in the coming hours, so the data will fill in dynamically. As you can see just from the LG G Flex alone, if you use Easy Pay and aggressively add people to your Framily, it's quite the deal.

If I have more then just myself it would be nice, but its just me, I don't have many friends/know or hardly anyone would would join me in doing Framily.  

If I have more then just myself it would be nice, but its just me, I don't have many friends/know or hardly anyone would would join me in doing Framily.  

I know that there might be a lot of people in that position too, but you can always give your Framily ID to your closest Sprint store, and watch them work on it. They gave me 5 people in 3 days. First day was a family of 3.

• Like 2

I know that there might be a lot of people in that position too, but you can always give your Framily ID to your closest Sprint store, and watch them work on it. They gave me 5 people in 3 days. First day was a family of 3.

Thats really quick! 

Then maybe you should just find a Framily that will adopt you. ;)

• Like 6

I work as a sales rep. Were more than glad to help cause it allows us to offer a better price to knock people over the fence from red who in the past may not have seen enough of a savings to bother. Ive earned a bunch of new lines by revisiting old leads with a better price point. I run a spread sheet of customer framily ids that are willing to let me add people into thier group.

Any rep worth their salt should like this plan as well. It's a giant referral program that drives new lines.

Plus if adopted by larger carriers and or with enough acceptance of plans like these one could foster competition between handset manufactures on pricing. A win for all of us.

• Like 7

Also we shouldn't be so stuck on keeping unlimited. Most users don't need it, and those of us who do can get a yearly upgrade. That's got to be worth the extra 20 a month if you ask me. Only people who lose out her to any extent are ios users, who finally have to pay for thier devices like the rest of the world. Hard to compare such a plan to the ED plans

The table is now completed for all available devices online. I based pricing off 2 year contract prices before online discounts because you don't get that if you walked into a Sprint store.

• Like 1

The table is now completed for all available devices online. I based pricing off 2 year contract prices before online discounts because you don't get that if you walked into a Sprint store.

Nice job on taking an idea and turning it into a valuable thread, all off a random prompting. You're really living up to your new position!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nice job on taking an idea and turning it into a valuable thread, all off a random prompting. You're really living up to your new position!

Thanks!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Warning: This thread is not for ranting, I will not tolerate it. This is for comparison only. It's similar to the Sprint LTE device thread.

This table compares the cost of buying a phone at Sprint with a 2yr contract and My Way plans vs Framily and Easy Pay. I will not compare costs with corporate discounts and Everything Data (ED) plans as you cannot walk into a Sprint store and get ED plans anymore.

you may not be able to walk into a store but you can still get the ED/EM plans on the phone..:)

• Like 2

you may not be able to walk into a store but you can still get the ED/EM plans on the phone..:)

Really? I'm surprised.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I thought my way replaced them and they discontinued them0.0. I'm upset I didn't know about that two months ago:/.

Edited by kojitsari

If your current plan is the everything data and you want to add a line the rep is allowed to stick with that plan. The line has to be activated on my way and then they can call in and ask their sales support team to put it to the ED just like the other lines.

The only time this doesn't work is if you are going from one line to two. Then you have to stick with my way or go framily.

• Like 1

I thought my way replaced them and they discontinued them0.0. I'm upset I didn't know about that two months ago:/.

Based on ED450 with premium data fee and a Samsung Galaxy S3, the 2 year cost would be $2,069.75. Framily with Unlimited data and max discount would be $500 cheaper.

Based on ED450 with premium data fee and a Samsung Galaxy S3, the 2 year cost would be $2,069.75. Framily with Unlimited data and max discount would be $500 cheaper.

I just got a my way plan, I signed up the week before framily became available. Oh well I'm still loving my Sprint plan better than my old att one.

• Like 2

I don't really want to get into comparisons involving ED plans, but I could use some input.

I'm currently on EDF1500 with Premium data and 3 lines. Using a S3 for example, what's the comparison costs between the two with unlimited data if no additional Framily lines are added? I'm really considering changing and am wondering what's the initial cost prior to adding anyone else.

I am in the same boat.  I know 4 people including myself that have Sprint.  One of them just upgraded his phone so he wont see any reason to switch his plan.  The other 2 will probably switch carriers when they try to upgrade and find out they can't.  I have been trying to explain to them that they haven't been "paying a 4G fee for the 4g they don't have" for over 2 years and have not been able to make any progress.

Nearest Sprint store is over 75 miles away, so that is out.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point.

I don't really want to get into comparisons involving ED plans, but I could use some input.

I'm currently on EDF1500 with Premium data and 3 lines. Using a S3 for example, what's the comparison costs between the two with unlimited data if no additional Framily lines are added? I'm really considering changing and am wondering what's the initial cost prior to adding anyone else.

Are you looking to keep unlimited data for all three lines? If so you will probably be looking at a higher bill than what you're paying.  I had the same plan with 3 lines as well.  Was yours like this:

EDF 1500 w/3 lines

$129.99 for 2 lines

$19.99 + $10 premium data for line 3

Total $159.98 + Tax

A framily plan with 3 lines would look like this.

$45 per line x 3 = $135

$20 unlimited data x 3 lines = $60

Total $195 + Tax

As you can see for three lines it's not a good tradeoff if you want to keep unlimited for all of the lines.  I switched because I was willing to give up the unlimited data for myself and my wife and mother-in-law don't ever come close to a 1GB of data usage in a month.  It made it worthwhile to switch since I would save about $30 without adding any more lines.  Thankfully I was able to get my sister's three lines added to framily so my I now have 6 in my group. 

Hmmmm, I'm a little confused. Do the Framily Plan prices include the cost of the phone? Or are you considering that a whole different entity?

-Luis

Hmmmm, I'm a little confused. Do the Framily Plan prices include the cost of the phone? Or are you considering that a whole different entity?

-Luis

I'm considering that as a whole different entity. This is my pricing structure. Framily monthly service fee * 24 months of service + cost of phone = total 2 year investment cost.