Framily's Easy Pay vs 2yr subsidized pricing

MacinJosh

Just wondering why you have the S5 listed as 249.99 when upgrade price is 199.99?

As Rocket87 said, $50 mir brings it down to $199.99. Frankly, the whole mir thing is partially dishonest in it's projection because they don't list the price before the rebate. Of course, most carriers do that.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Is Easy Pay only available with the Framily plan? I want to keep my older Everything Data plan but take advantage of Easy Pay

No offense, but why would anyone on a normal plan (I know better deal than Framily for most/many longtime customers) deal with the the expensive Easy Pay? Hit your 20 months maximum needed and upgrade to top of line phone for worst case (other than Note 3 which on Sprint is expensive but not top of the line not-Triband) $149 (S5 on release day) or wait 2 months and get it even cheaper?

No offense, but why would anyone on a normal plan (I know better deal than Framily for most/many longtime customers) deal with the the expensive Easy Pay? Hit your 20 months maximum needed and upgrade to top of line phone for worst case (other than Note 3 which on Sprint is expensive but not top of the line not-Triband) $149 (S5 on release day) or wait 2 months and get it even cheaper?

20 months is a long time to wait for a phone upgrade.

Cost-wise, things sort of balances out. Nothing's perfect. You have to compromise and deal with trade-offs. With Easy Pay, you're factoring in the ETF into the monthly device payments. In return, there's no contract so you can leave Sprint at any time if you want. The only reason to stay with my Everything Data plan is that I do a lot of Slingbox video streaming and 1 Mbps isn't adequate.

There's a better phone than the Note 3 - I'm looking into a Nexus 5 for OS upgrades direct from the source and a unlocked, multi-carrier compatible phone. That way you can buy a prepaid SIM card and use it test out the coverage and speeds of the other carriers or for when travelling.

Edited by linhpham2

i was thinking of switching. But don't have enough people to do a framily plan, so it isnt really worth it to me at the moment. :(

You could easily find 10 people to join your framily by asking friends or co-workers...

i was thinking of switching. But don't have enough people to do a framily plan, so it isnt really worth it to me at the moment. :(

You could easily find 10 people to join your framily by asking friends or co-workers...

Or asking the local Sprint store to get people onto your Framily. Most of them will be happy to oblige. ab30494, how many people do you have on your existing account?

Or asking the local Sprint store to get people onto your Framily. Most of them will be happy to oblige. ab30494, how many people do you have on your existing account?

just me

just me

If you can get the local Sprint store to add people to your Framily, then you will be set. My local Sprint store in Visalia added 6 people to mine. They were awesome!

As I have said already, if you go for unlimited data, you can upgrade once a year on easypay with framily

This is not an 'upgrade'. It is simply selling your phone back to sprint for the amount of your balance.

Using that term confuses people who are used to the subsidized upgrade model.

In most cases selling your phone privately will be a better deal + the odds of wanting a new phone at precisely 1 year is pretty low which makes it even worse.

Honestly I don't see why they add the unlimited requirement to do this as it really only benefits sprint.

• Like 1

Corporate stores will not do this anymore, word came down that we can not spread customers framily ID to complete strangers even if they want to amd give permission. Apparently some stores had a huge system/scandal and its now treated as fraudulent activity and can get anyone doing it fired.

What is funny as this strategy was communicated to use from district/area management and suddenly it came down that it was not going to tolerated and would lead to disciplinary action.

Corporate stores will not do this anymore, word came down that we can not spread customers framily ID to complete strangers even if they want to amd give permission. Apparently some stores had a huge system/scandal and its now treated as fraudulent activity and can get anyone doing it fired.

What is funny as this strategy was communicated to use from district/area management and suddenly it came down that it was not going to tolerated and would lead to disciplinary action.

What!? No! That seems stupid to enact something like that!

Just got off the phone with Sprint customer care: They said that when I'm upgrade eligible in October that I can keep my Everything Data plan and get Easy Pay for a new phone. However, if I upgraded my phone now, I'd have to buyout my contract (the ETF fee) and change my plan. Considering that there's no LTE800 or Spark in my area, I can wait...

• Like 1

the odds of wanting a new phone at precisely 1 year is pretty low which makes it even worse.

Considering most phone manufacturers are on a ~1 year cycle for new devices, the demand is definitely there. Both Apple and Samsung release a new flagship once per year, and that covers a massive percentage of phone sales.

I've also been told (third-party dealer) by upper management that this is considered fraudulent activity that can get us fired. We've had plenty of customers ask, and now we have to tell them all "no". Ah well.

Just got off the phone with Sprint customer care: They said that when I'm upgrade eligible in October that I can keep my Everything Data plan and get Easy Pay for a new phone. However, if I upgraded my phone now, I'd have to buyout my contract (the ETF fee) and change my plan. Considering that there's no LTE800 or Spark in my area, I can wait...

Uh, if you are keeping your everything data, why would you not just get a subsidized phone upgrade, instead of paying for everything data (which already includes your phone subsidy) and then paying for easy pay on top of that??!?

Considering most phone manufacturers are on a ~1 year cycle for new devices, the demand is definitely there. Both Apple and Samsung release a new flagship once per year, and that covers a massive percentage of phone sales.

Unfortunately these phones are not released on a 12 month cycle. Iphone has only done this once although they have been much more consistent then samsung. Still you could easily be waiting 13 or 14 months before that new phone comes out.

Uh, if you are keeping your everything data, why would you not just get a subsidized phone upgrade, instead of paying for everything data (which already includes your phone subsidy) and then paying for easy pay on top of that??!?

If get a subsidized phone, then I can only upgrade every 20 months. Easy Pay lets me upgrade every year. Also, I want to keep my Everything Data plan because I watch a lot of streaming video and the theoretical 1 Mbps cap is too low.

My only question: if I pay off 50% of the phone sooner than 12 months, can I upgrade at that time as well?

If get a subsidized phone, then I can only upgrade every 20 months. Easy Pay lets me upgrade every year. Also, I want to keep my Everything Data plan because I watch a lot of streaming video and the theoretical 1 Mbps cap is too low.

My only question, if I pay off 50% of the phone sooner than 12 months, can I upgrade sooner as well?

Easy pay is essentially just like paying full price for a phone and putting it on a credit card (aside from any price and interest differences).

With easy pay you have to either pay off the phone or return it in order upgrade at 12 months.

You are better off alternating, using everything data upgrade (and paying only the $200 instead of $600-800 for easy pay), then in 12 months or whenever the next phone comes out, put it on a CREDIT CARD instead of easy pay.

Then you will OWN both phones and can resell or reuse them as you see fit, for less money than easy paying $600-800 TWICE.

• Like 2

Easy pay is essentially just like paying full price for a phone and putting it on a credit card (aside from any price and interest differences).

With easy pay you have to either pay off the phone or return it in order upgrade at 12 months.

You are better off alternating, using everything data upgrade (and paying only the $200 instead of $600-800 for easy pay), then in 12 months or whenever the next phone comes out, put it on a CREDIT CARD instead of easy pay.

Then you will OWN both phones and can resell or reuse them as you see fit, for less money than easy paying $600-800 TWICE.

That sounds better, I'll keep my "old" phone as a backup in case my new one gets lost, damaged or stolen.

• Like 1