Framily's Easy Pay vs 2yr subsidized pricing

MacinJosh

In the original framily thread I read something about existing accounts cant join together in a framily. Is this the case?

In store they won't let you, because they aren't supposed to. Some people reported success by doing it over the phone(in the framily thread). They might have cracked down on it by now though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Framily and Easy Pay are coming to Best Buy. I had it confirmed yesterday and have a meeting Sunday morning to go over the details. From the the 10 minute conversation I had with my Sprint Rep it will be rolling out by the end of March.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Framily and Easy Pay are coming to Best Buy. I had it confirmed yesterday and have a meeting Sunday morning to go over the details. From the the 10 minute conversation I had with my Sprint Rep it will be rolling out by the end of March.

Finally some confirmation to what ive been saying for months.

• Like 1

Did he say whether the rollout included getting rid of the normal contracts/subsidies or offering Framily in addition to them? And since you are meeting with him Sunday, can I assume that the existing contract/subsidies are still going to be in force for the week starting this Sunday? (Assuming they would tell you about it before surprise it changes now).

Did he say whether the rollout included getting rid of the normal contracts/subsidies or offering Framily in addition to them? And since you are meeting with him Sunday, can I assume that the existing contract/subsidies are still going to be in force for the week starting this Sunday? (Assuming they would tell you about it before surprise it changes now).

From the short conversation I had it appears that signing a 2 year contract will continue to be an option. Switch to Framily, sign 2 year contract, get 2 year subsidized price, pay $15 fee or switch to Framily, sign up for Easy Pay do not pay $15 fee.

This is not final info, just the little bit I was able to gather in our quick conversation.

• Like 1

ohhh that would be horrible if they pop that in as an option....

people are already having a hard time wrapping their heads around things....and the $15 hit, wether explained up front or not...

would be every bit as bad as the $10 premium fee they added....

they need to just draw the freaking line in the sand.....

still allow 2yr stuff if wanted, with the my way, or offer the framily.....quit mixing the 2....

hell even the "executive staff" has a hard time wrapping their heads around it, and JUST read from a card....ask me how i know <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<

here again, i knew more about the stupid thing then they did....other then the point "only 3 biz accts were eligible" which wasnt in the fine print  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

From the short conversation I had it appears that signing a 2 year contract will continue to be an option. Switch to Framily, sign 2 year contract, get 2 year subsidized price, pay $15 fee or switch to Framily, sign up for Easy Pay do not pay $15 fee.

This is not final info, just the little bit I was able to gather in our quick conversation.

I sure hope they leave contracts as an option, Sprint will be killing themselves otherwise with the more expensive Framily for many long term customers on big revenue (4-5 line) family plans.

If you see this, can you try and push the rep on Sunday how much information/confident about contracts/phone subsidies being an option and for how long he is? I wish other Sprint employees would tell us more including those who posted the original info/rumor would give us an update I would think there would have been other store conference calls since then?. Anyone, feel free to PM me if you do not wish to post any information openly here.

fyi, we currently have 4 or our 5 lines eligible for upgrades. Ideally we'd like to upgrade 3 lines to the S5 and the other to a newer iphone and would be happy to stay another 2 years+ but are afraid of Sprint screwing us with the rumored moves. So I guess for us if there is any information about whether contracts/subsized phones will go until end of April (or whenever the S5) is released.

Thanks

Finally some confirmation to what ive been saying for months.

And what would that be? that they are also going to offer it? Like i have told you in other threads before they get removed is your rumor is just that. If there was some huge conference call there would be a leak that subsidy is going away in full.

So again tell me why best buy getting easy pay framily as well makes a difference? I asked the lead manager at ouR best buy the other day and she said they will be able to offer it and also OFFER UPGRADES AS WELL JUST MORE TO OFFER.

Edited by rdcrds

Make sure you tell the sprint rep on here that you also will be offering upgrades as well as the my way plan which is what the manager here told me they would be able to do. He seems to think best buy will not offer upgrades but the my way plan is still there and not going away soon

And what would that be? that they are also going to offer it? Like i have told you in other threads before they get removed is your rumor is just that. If there was some huge conference call there would be a leak that subsidy is going away in full.

So again tell me why best buy getting easy pay framily as well makes a difference? I asked the lead manager at ouR best buy the other day and she said they will be able to offer it and also OFFER UPGRADES AS WELL JUST MORE TO OFFER.

Make sure you tell the sprint rep on here that you also will be offering upgrades as well as the my way plan which is what the manager here told me they would be able to do. He seems to think best buy will not offer upgrades but the my way plan is still there and not going away soon

What 3rd party retailers choose to do is their business. The marketing model that Sprint is adopting will gain a lot of traction before long and even the 3rd party retailers will abandon the subsidy model. The subsidy model is a rip off model. Always has been. I hated being bound by a 2 yr contract.

And as a staff member, I ask that you would please be respectful to other members here. We are here to dialog, not be vindictive over this or that. Members on this site have called for the end of carrier subsidies for well over a year before One Up and Easy Pay were introduced.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

If they are willing to reduce the price of the flagship phones from $700-550ish, then I see the end of subsidies being a huge hit. For instance with the nexus being the price it is I'd have gladly hopped on framily if it'd had been available.

The sticker shock of how much flagship phones actually cost is going to be the main road bump for the average consumer IMO.

If they are willing to reduce the price of the flagship phones from $700-550ish, then I see the end of subsidies being a huge hit. For instance with the nexus being the price it is I'd have gladly hopped on framily if it'd had been available.

The sticker shock of how much flagship phones actually cost is going to be the main road bump for the average consumer IMO.

It won't be long before the price of phones starts dropping now that 3 of the 4 major carriers have embraced device financing. I believe Verizon is jumping on board too, if they haven't already.

It won't be long before the price of phones starts dropping now that 3 of the 4 major carriers have embraced device financing. I believe Verizon is jumping on board too, if they haven't already.

I fully agree with you. I was just pointing out that the main reason people are complaining is because they feel like its going to cost them more, when in reality the sticker price will drop and we should end up with more nexus like devices. Higher quality at a lower price.

I fully agree with you. I was just pointing out that the main reason people are complaining is because they feel like its going to cost them more, when in reality the sticker price will drop and we should end up with more nexus like devices. Higher quality at a lower price.

I sure hope so. In a market where MSRP divided into 24 payments, things need to be lower so people don't go nuts over the price of a phone.

• Like 2

I sure hope so. In a market where MSRP divided into 24 payments, things need to be lower so people don't go nuts over the price of a phone.

Honestly I'm going to enjoy watching the people who buy phones purely for the brand(iherd people), not for valid reasons, freak out when they realize how overpriced what they want actually is. I'm not bashing apple or anything, I'm just referencing the fact that the majority of those who own apple products just get them so they can be cool people who own them. They don't buy them because they've set standards for technology and a more refined design.

• Like 1

Honestly I'm going to enjoy watching the people who buy phones purely for the brand(iherd people), not for valid reasons, freak out when they realize how overpriced what they want actually is. I'm not bashing apple or anything, I'm just referencing the fact that the majority of those who own apple products just get them so they can be cool people who own them. They don't buy them because they've set standards for technology and a more refined design.

You forget you are talking to an 'isheep' as they call me.

• Like 1

You forget you are talking to an 'isheep' as they call me.

Oh I know you get teased for it, but I had a 3gs and 5 because until I found the nexus 5 they were the best designed phone IMO(once jail broken of course :P). I can tell the difference between an isheep and someone who has one for legitimate reasons. Plus if you were an isheep you'd have gone full flammer on a few things I said awhile ago :D.

• Like 1

Oh I know you get teased for it, but I had a 3gs and 5 because until I found the nexus 5 they were the best designed phone IMO(once jail broken of course :P). I can tell the difference between an isheep and someone who has one for legitimate reasons. Plus if you were an isheep you'd have gone full flammer on a few things I said awhile ago :D.

I don't go full flame on anyone about iPhone vs Android anymore. I have both the iPhone 5S and the Nexus 5. And I happen to like the Nexus. It's a very well designed phone. But overall, I prefer the iPhone as my primary device.

• Like 1

Thank you, I have said this I don't know how many times.

And no, I'm not saying this about everyone. But people ESPECIALLY my age (I'm 19) go for Apple because "everyone has it", there are plenty Android/Microsoft items out there that are just as good if not better for less money. 

But some people are so closed minded about it they go for it purely because it's "what everyone has."

On the other side of it though, there are certain things that Apple products are useful for especially in a work environment. 

Now to get back on point with the thread... I really hope this will be a wake up call to consumers to realize just how much the MSRP actually is on these devices. The subsidy kind of puts a brick wall up and the only thing people pay attention to is the bottom line. So yes, I fully agree with you guys here.

Maybe people will wake up and be more careful and respect their phones. I see way too many people drop them, chuck them across a room and toss them like their a toy from the .99 store.  :(

I don't go full flame on anyone about iPhone vs Android anymore. I have both the iPhone 5S and the Nexus 5. And I happen to like the Nexus. It's a very well designed phone. But overall, I prefer the iPhone as my primary device.

Honestly when it comes to their mobile devices(excluding the iPad) they're competitively priced for what you get. Computers are a whole different story, but I'm digressing. With all of these new plans I'm curious to see how apple responds with their prices. Will they cut quality down to save profit margins? Or will they stick with the current one higher end model, one lower end(5c) model strategy and lower them both a bit? The whole those who want quality will pay for it strategy that pushes so many popular branded items.

• Like 1

Honestly when it comes to their mobile devices(excluding the iPad) they're competitively priced for what you get. Computers are a whole different story, but I'm digressing. With all of these new plans I'm curious to see how apple responds with their prices. Will they cut quality down to save profit margins? Or will they stick with the current one higher end model, one lower end(5c) model strategy and lower them both a bit? The whole those who want quality will pay for it strategy that pushes so many popular branded items.

With people who tear the iPhone apart and prove that the 16GB 5 was only $199 for Apple to manufacture, and MSRP was 650, that is quite the profit margin. If they drop the retail price of the iPhone down even $100, people would go nuts and buy more. When they dropped retail pricing on Macs before, people bought more. The MSRP scheme has always been a rip off across all industries.

• Like 2

With people who tear the iPhone apart and prove that the 16GB 5 was only $199 for Apple to manufacture, and MSRP was 650, that is quite the profit margin. If they drop the retail price of the iPhone down even $100, people would go nuts and buy more. When they dropped retail pricing on Macs before, people bought more. The MSRP scheme has always been a rip off across all industries.

I feel like with the price of the phone, they're also including the cost or iOS. Hardware is nothing without a decent OS.

Edit: I think we are pushing this thread off topic. :S

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I feel like with the price of the phone, they're also including the cost or iOS. Hardware is nothing without a decent OS.Edit: I think we are pushing this thread off topic. :SSent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

You are probably right.