Sprint Launches New LTE Cities and Spark Markets (2/24/2014)

A quick scan of the Sprint Coverage maps leads me to the conclusion that we are close to another LTE launch announcement! From what I have gleaned, it looks like we will have three new Spark markets and several new LTE launches! I'll update this post when I have a chance to look at the maps more closely.

For now what I've found:

New Spark Markets:

• Salt Lake City, UT
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Tacoma, WA

New LTE launches:

• Conway, AR
  • Benson-Douglas-Sierra Vista-Warren, AZ
  • Bullhead City, AZ
  • Kingman, AZ
  • Lake Havasu City, AZ
  • Yuba City, CA
  • Mattoon-Charleston, IL
  • Douglas, GA
  • Dublin, GA
  • Eatonton, GA
  • Paducah, KY
  • Natchitoches, LA
  • Portland, ME
  • Sanford, ME
  • Ann Arbor, MI
  • Cheboygan, MI
  • Detroit, MI
  • Gaylord, MI
  • Oscoda, MI
  • Vicksburg, MS
  • Port Huron, MI
  • Wilmington, NC
  • Winston-Salem, NC
  • Lincoln, NE
  • Derry, NH
  • Dover, NH
  • Manchester, NH
  • Nashua, NH
  • Portsmouth, NH
  • Rochester, NH
  • Rochester, NY
  • Canton, OH
  • Dayton, OH
  • Mansfield, OH
  • Sandusky, OH
  • Youngstown, OH
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Bellingham, WA
  • Silverdale, WA
  • Watertown, WI
  • Much of Southern New Jersey
Edited by Dkoellerwx
Added more cities, see later posts for info
  • Like 18

A quick scan of the Sprint Coverage maps leads me to the conclusion that we are close to another LTE launch announcement! From what I have gleaned, it looks like we will have three new Spark markets and several new LTE launches! I'll update this post when I have a chance to look at the maps more closely.

For now what I've found:

New Spark Markets:

• Salt Lake City, UT
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Tacoma, WA

New LTE launches:

• Detroit, MI
  • Dayton, OH (as well as several other regions of Ohio, outside of Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland) 
  • Lincoln, NE
  • Kingman, AZ
  • Lake Havasu City, AZ
  • Bullhead City, AZ
  • Paducah, KY

Kingman, AZ and Lake Havasu City, AZ were pre-announced over a year ago by Sprint PR. I would sure hope they don't announce them again. They might confuse the general populous. Glad to see them on the official Sprint map though.

Kingman, AZ and Lake Havasu City, AZ were pre-announced over a year ago by Sprint PR. I would sure hope they don't announce them again. They might confuse the general populous. Glad to see them on the official Sprint map though.

They will most certainly be announced again. They, along with many other cities were announced as "Coming Soon." All the others that were given that status were announced again when they finally launched. 

• Like 1

They will most certainly be announced again. They, along with many other cities were announced as "Coming Soon." All the others that were given that status were announced again when they finally launched. 

Oh. I didn't realize that. :blush:

Rochester, NY appears to have made it this round...

Looks like Detroit will include (but they might separate them out as they have done before) Ann Arbor, Adrian, Port Huron, and Monroe.

• Like 1

Looks like Detroit will include (but they might separate them out as they have done before) Ann Arbor, Adrian, Port Huron, and Monroe.

I hope Rochester, NY makes it they made huge head way, at FIRST Syracuse/Upstate NY was fatster at FIRST from what I remember seeing.

For now what I've found:

New Spark Markets:

• Salt Lake City, UT
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Tacoma, WA
New LTE launches:

• Detroit, MI
  • Dayton, OH (as well as several other regions of Ohio, outside of Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland) 
  • Lincoln, NE
  • Kingman, AZ
  • Lake Havasu City, AZ
  • Bullhead City, AZ
  • Paducah, KY
  • Yuba City, CA

Rochester, NY I would of thought MIGHT squeeze in there, Rochester has made huge progress this year. Syracuse right behind... We will see. Driving around where I live and around Monroe county, only few spots I fall back to 3G.

I had a feeling that Jacksonville would be launched really soon considering all of the TD-LTE equipment going up over the past several months.

• Like 1

Adrian and Monroe were previously launched, but I do expect them to announce Ann Arbor, Port Huron and Detroit separately. 

• Like 1

Adrian and Monroe were previously launched, but I do expect them to announce Ann Arbor, Port Huron and Detroit separately. 

Oops. I was going off of the current and coming soon map....

Added:

• Ann Arbor, MI
  • Port Huron, MI
  • Cheboygan, MI
  • Gaylord, MI
  • Oscoda, MI
  • Sandusky, OH
  • Canton, OH
  • Mansfield, OH
  • Youngstown, OH
  • Yuba City, CA
  • Rochester, NY
  • Bellingham, WA
  • Silverdale, WA
  • Winston-Salem, NC
  • Wilmington, NC
  • Dublin, GA
  • Douglas, GA
  • Eastonton, GA
  • Vicksburg, MS
  • Natchitoches, LA
  • Conway, AR
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Benson-Douglas-Sierra Vista-Warren, AZ
  • Mattoon-Charelston, IL
  • Watertown, WI
  • Much of Southern New Jersey
  • Like 8

Finally their launching Winston-Salem! :D

-Anthony

I remember a chat in the Lounge a few years ago when I told members that Winston-Salem was going to be a Round 4 market and that it would be one of the last Top 100 markets to launch.  One of our core members even left Sprint because of it.  It turned out to be one of the best deployment markets ever.  Once ALU finally showed up and started the market.

Although Round 4 markets have had to wait a long time.  Most of them have gone pretty well and fast.  Some even getting launched or nearing completion before their Round 3 or some Round 2 markets even.  Heck, there is even a Round 1 market not even launched, yet.

Robert

• Like 4

Although Round 4 markets have had to wait a long time.  Most of them have gone pretty well and fast.  Some even getting launched or nearing completion before their Round 3 or some Round 2 markets even.  Heck, there is even a Round 1 market not even launched, yet.

Robert

most.....most...

:cry:

• Like 3

I remember a chat in the Lounge a few years ago when I told members that Winston-Salem was going to be a Round 4 market and that it would be one of the last Top 100 markets to launch.  One of our core members even left Sprint because of it.  It turned out to be one of the best deployment markets ever.  Once ALU finally showed up and started the market.

Robert

I can't even express how amazed I am at how quickly ALU upgraded Winston-Salem. All I remember is looking at the Network Vision/LTE Deployment running list, and one day the NV upgrade completion in Winston was a very low percentage, then one day you updated it and they were at 97% complete and I was just blown away. Of course that didn't happen over night, but the amount of work that was completed there in such a short amount of time is astonishing. It makes me look forward even more to attending High Point University in Fall of 2015. Not only will I be going to the greatest college I have ever seen, I will also have an amazing Sprint experience also!  :tu:

Not too shabby for a 4th round market!

-Anthony

• Like 2

Nothing. I thought it would be in this round. Not entirely sure what they're waiting on.

I've not visited DC in quite some time but from sensorly and other evidence (some only anecdotal) it would seem that significantly more than the requisite 40% pops are already covered. I wonder what the hold up in an official Sprint acknowledgment might be. Interesting.
  • Like 1