Sprint Launches New LTE Cities and Spark Markets (2/24/2014)

Any word when Portland is getting Spark?

Premier Sponsors have access to the current (as far as we know) deployment schedule for band 41.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a question about LTE in not officially launched areas. I get the LTE signal, but I never receive data from any of the towers. Is it because I don't pay for LTE, or is it because the site isn't ready yet? This has also happened to me in NY, but it's launched there so I don't know why I'm not getting LTE data or eHARPD data either...

I have a question about LTE in not officially launched areas. I get the LTE signal, but I never receive data from any of the towers. Is it because I don't pay for LTE, or is it because the site isn't ready yet? This has also happened to me in NY, but it's launched there so I don't know why I'm not getting LTE data or eHARPD data either...

What do you mean by you "don't pay for LTE"?

What do you mean by you "don't pay for LTE"?

I don't know, I really don't. I'm just curious to why I don't receive LTE data when I receive LTE data.

I can't believe I don't know this, but when they launch Spark in a city does that include LTE 800 also? Or just B41?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Spark is independent. Spark is essentially only b41. Not saying that LTE 800 could not be launched at the same time , which is possible. But just because a market is launched as spark, does not mean b26 will be present. 

Spark (B41) is completely independent of LTE 800 (B26).  Premier Sponsors can track Band 26 deployment in a thread in the Premier Sponsor section.

Robert

• Like 2

So, what, then, is the difference between "Spark" and "Spark Turbo" on the Sprint coverage maps?  I was sort of thinking regular Spark meant B26.

B25 is 1900 mhz LTE, b26 is 800 mhz LTE, and b41 is 2500 mhz LTE (Spark). Sprints has mislead people into thinking spark all of the bands are working together when using "spark" when it's only b41. However, do not confuse that with all three bands working together to provide you with an exceptional LTE experience by switching around when you leave a coverage zone of a specific band. B41 will be priority, (or it should), then 25 and then 26. 

Sprint Spark Turbo is areas where upgraded backhaul is available, I believe

Does anybody have an idea of why my LTE doesn't receive data? It only shows the signal bars (not the actual LTE symbol). It does this in both officially launched and non launched sites.

Does anybody have an idea of why my LTE doesn't receive data? It only shows the signal bars (not the actual LTE symbol). It does this in both officially launched and non launched sites.

Because something is wrong with your phone or your account. No other explanation.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So, what, then, is the difference between "Spark" and "Spark Turbo" on the Sprint coverage maps? I was sort of thinking regular Spark meant B26.

Sprint Spark on coverage maps is areas that have B41 coverage. Turbo is areas where the sites have had backhaul upgraded to support the advertised ~70Mbps speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Because something is wrong with your phone or your account. No other explanation.

Sent from my Nexus 5

But I have tested this with other phones, and it provides the same result... I get fine EvDo connection, but I don't get any LTE or eHARPD data. I don't think it's a problem with my phone. Unless a different carrier (such as one like Virgin Mobile) under Sprint changes things.

But I have tested this with other phones, and it provides the same result... I get fine EvDo connection, but I don't get any LTE or eHARPD data. I don't think it's a problem with my phone. Unless a different carrier (such as one like Virgin Mobile) under Sprint changes things.

Where are you? Still sounds like a device or account issue and not a network issue. (Being on an MVNO would be an account issue).

Sent from my Nexus 5

Where are you? Still sounds like a device or account issue and not a network issue. (Being on an MVNO would be an account issue).

Sent from my Nexus 5

I live in the northern Jersey area but I have also tried LTE in NY. Oh, if this helps, my cell provider is ubi telecom, which is a MVNO for sprint.

I live in the northern Jersey area but I have also tried LTE in NY. Oh, if this helps, my cell provider is ubi telecom, which is a MVNO for sprint.

What plan do you have? I have never heard of this company before. Looking at it, I would not be surprised if there is an issue authenticating your device, and anyone else with this network, on the Sprint LTE Network. 

What plan do you have? I have never heard of this company before. Looking at it, I would not be surprised if there is an issue authenticating your device, and anyone else with this network, on the Sprint LTE Network. 

Well I have the unlimited data plan, and it's connected with sprint. It says that they support LTE, and links to a Sprint LTE map, so I don't know what's the problem here since there isn't a separate plan with LTE or anything like that.

I don't know, I really don't. I'm just curious to why I don't receive LTE data when I receive LTE data.

You should know if you are paying for LTE..

If you pay for Sprint data then you pretty much are paying for LTE. If you have a LTE phone you'll pick up LTE signal because of what you pay for.

Well I have the unlimited data plan, and it's connected with sprint. It says that they support LTE, and links to a Sprint LTE map, so I don't know what's the problem here since there isn't a separate plan with LTE or anything like that.

I don't see an unlimited plan.

Some newer Sprint LTE devices can not be used by an MVNO. Sprint specifically blocks them. Because the purpose of these MVNO's is that they bring new customers that Sprint would ordinarily not get. Sprint wants customers who want the latest devices to go to them for service. So it is possible that his device is not fully compatible to be used on a MVNO. Especially if it was a Sprint network device previously. Or, heaven forbid, it is still on contract with an account on Sprint somewhere.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3