Network Vision/LTE - Central Illinois Market (Peoria, Springfield, Quincy, Bloomington/Normal, Terre Haute)

DaQue

Got Lte in Morton today. It was the tower by the I-155 and I-74 interchange but i had to be right under the tower and when i moved from it a little bit i went a couple of block and lost it. can they limit how far it goes till it drops to 3g? I would try everything update the prl and get 4g than 3g. Also is it maybe because the tower on Queenwood is updated to Lte.

Hey everyone in Illinois market. 

I was over in El Paso (got married) and then went over to Galesburg and Knoxville. I had Sensorly running the whole time on my phone.

Got 4G on US24 by Washington/Dee-Mac Road area as well.

Got 4G in Knoxville (that's my one little blurb there south of 74 on the map) and east of Knoxville on 74. 

Not a damn thing in Galesburg. Never made it over to Monmouth or down to Macomb. 

Edited by baker954

I was over in El Paso (got married) and then went over to Galesburg and Knoxville. I had Sensorly running the whole time on my phone.

Got 4G in Knoxville (that's my one little blurb there south of 74 on the map) and east of Knoxville on 74.

Not a damn thing in Galesburg. Never made it over to Monmouth or down to Macomb.

If you had Sensorly running the whole time without LTE discovery running in Cycle while not connected mode then you could have missed a bunch of LTE. Your phone was busy uploading points and never had a chance to scan for LTE.

If you had Sensorly running the whole time without LTE discovery running in Cycle while not connected mode then you could have missed a bunch of LTE. Your phone was busy uploading points and never had a chance to scan for LTE.

I was there for days, like a week. 

Went back to El Paso before coming back to Indianapolis. Sensorly runs 24/7 on my phone. If it was there, it got it. 

Hey everyone in Illinois market.  I was over in El Paso (got married) and then went over to Galesburg and Knoxville. I had Sensorly running the whole time on my phone. Got 4G on US24 by Washington/Dee-Mac Road area as well. Got 4G in Knoxville (that's my one little blurb there south of 74 on the map) and east of Knoxville on 74.  Not a damn thing in Galesburg. Never made it over to Monmouth or down to Macomb.

Hey congrats on wedding

In looking at the pattern on Sensorly, I think we just have the one tower in Washington right now.   Its at one of the highest points around (look at all the radio station antennas in the area).   All of the singnal strengths seem to point twoards it being in the center.  I even picked the tower up when on a hike on the other side of the river at Forrest Park.

How do you know you had full bars on LTE? Most phones only show the signal level for 1x

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't realize that. I can tell you I was at Kennywood Park and a cell tower across the street was super stacked. Probably the most loaded cell tower I've ever seen. I assumed it was Sprint LTE based on the signal strength I was seeing. I guess maybe it wasn't.

Is there any way I can see 4g strength ?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Didn't realize that. I can tell you I was at Kennywood Park and a cell tower across the street was super stacked. Probably the most loaded cell tower I've ever seen. I assumed it was Sprint LTE based on the signal strength I was seeing. I guess maybe it wasn't.

Is there any way I can see 4g strength ?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Could you explain that differently?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If you are running Sensorly constantly, it limits the number of scans for LTE the phone can do. Sensorly maintains a near constant data session uploading the points you are recording. As long as a days session is actively, the phone is far less likely to rescan for LTE. This means you can miss whole areas of LTE and not even know it.

The way around this is to either run the LTE Discovery app, or set Sensorly to only upload on Wi-Fi. I leave my set to upload on Wi-Fi. This frees up your data and lets the phone scan for LTE regularly. With this setting, I find my ONE picks up LTE with no problem, I don't even have to run LTE Discovery.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Congrats on the wedding. I don't think there is much to report in Macomb as I haven't seen 800 there...yet.

I live in Sunnyland, which is in between East Peoria and Washington and can confirm that 4G was active around lunch time today. However, where I work, along 116 in East Peoria does not yet have 4G. I was stoked when I saw that I had 4G at my house!

Anything on the Tower on Queenwood Ave. in Morton because only part of the town gets 4g i can be right under the tower by the interstate then go a block and immediately switch to that tower and back to 3g also the 4g speeds are that great on that tower either. hopefully they get better. Washingtons tower screams on speeds today i got 40mbs down 8 up.

Anything on the Tower on Queenwood Ave. in Morton because only part of the town gets 4g i can be right under the tower by the interstate then go a block and immediately switch to that tower and back to 3g also the 4g speeds are that great on that tower either. hopefully they get better. Washingtons tower screams on speeds today i got 40mbs down 8 up.

Washington il is fully covered in 4g now i've been getting about 2 to 3 bars in my house now my speeds are running around 15mbps to 20 mpbs now my sprint phone rocks

Washington il is fully covered in 4g now i've been getting about 2 to 3 bars in my house now my speeds are running around 15mbps to 20 mpbs now my sprint phone rocks

Yeah i cant wait because the tower on Queenwood Reaches us here in Mackinaw and wish that it was updated to Lte Has anything on it been excepted. or about to be done.

The Sprint tower by Safelite in Peoria is up and running with 4g! I kept the signal almost all the way to the bridge!

I guess I should look into getting a 4G phone. I have been patiently waiting for 4G to start appearing in central IL before upgrading. Now if I can just hold out for a tri-band device. Looks like that will only be a few more weeks. I haven't had an upgrade in years. Last I talked with the account manager he was going to give me an extra discount since I haven't taken advantage of my upgrade in a long time.