Network Vision/LTE - Central Illinois Market (Peoria, Springfield, Quincy, Bloomington/Normal, Terre Haute)

DaQue

Yes, many parts of the central Illinois market already have 800 CDMA live. It will be live over most markets to some degree by the end of the year if not sooner.Sent from my HTC ONE

Cool. How do I tell on iPhone 5 when it's 800 or 1900?

Just got off the phone with sprint technical support and they told me that there is towers that should be accept soon. and central illinois market will luanch on November 27th.

I didn't look at what phone u have, sorry about that. 3g is staying on 1900 and 800 will have 1x advance(voice only) Then 5x5 mhz for lte besides the southeast where southern linc is.

Ok. Thanks

3G will be on 800. CDMA (1x, voice) is a 3G technology. As is EVDO. Most people only think of EVDO as 3G, but that is not correct.

What you mean is that EVDO will be only on 1900, and CDMA will be on 800. 

Just got off the phone with sprint technical support and they told me that there is towers that should be accept soon. and central illinois market will luanch on November 27th.

Be very leery of anything you hear from a support call. Most representatives you talk to don't actually have access to the NV time table. Sprint marketing doesn't even know which markets are going to launch in October, let alone which ones are going to launch in November. There may be one city in the market that is ready to launch in November, but the central Illinois market will not be launching in November. 

3G will be on 800. CDMA (1x, voice) is a 3G technology. As is EVDO. Most people only think of EVDO as 3G, but that is not correct.

Be very leery of anything you hear from a support call. Most representatives you talk to don't actually have access to the NV time table. Sprint marketing doesn't even know which markets are going to launch in October, let alone which ones are going to launch in November. There may be one city in the market that is ready to launch in November, but the central Illinois market will not be launching in November. 

Corrected post and I meant to put that in there. I was typing to fast for my own good again lol. Yea tech support don't know when anything is going to launch, network is spread out. It is hard to say that a market is going to launch at one time.

The people that consider 1x a 3G technology are as annoying as people that say LTE isn't 4G. Technically, perhaps, but not how society has decided to call it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Typical 2G standards include GSM and IS-95 with extensions via GPRS, EDGE and 1xRTT, providing Internet access to users of originally voice centric 2G networks. Both EDGE and 1xRTT are 3G standards, as defined by the ITU, but are usually marketed as 2.9G due to their comparatively low speeds and high delays when compared to true 3G technologies.

The people that consider 1x a 3G technology are as annoying as people that say LTE isn't 4G. Technically, perhaps, but not how society has decided to call it.

Then you must find most of our senior members quite annoying. Technically, it is what it is, so that is what it is called.

Then you must find most of our senior members quite annoying. Technically, it is what it is, so that is what it is called.

If the shoe fits... ;-)

Why isn't this site called S3GRU? LTE is an ITU 3G technology.

• Like 1

Does any body know why The Lte tower by the interstate in Morton not pulling out good Lte coverage. I have went by both of the towers that are updated by the interstate and only get LTE 1/4 of a mile within the towers range. The tower On down towards east Peoria on Jackson doesn't have LTE on it. any ideas.

The engineering screens should show you which band you're on. I think. Not sure. You're talking 800 CDMA right? It should show you that you're on band 10 on the 1x engineering.

Yes. But don't know how to get to it