Network Vision/LTE - Central Illinois Market (Peoria, Springfield, Quincy, Bloomington/Normal, Terre Haute)

DaQue

How come these towers that are Periodically LTE around Peoria and surrounding towns aren't showing on map or network vision accepted sight?

They are probably still going through testing and have not been officially accepted yet. It is also possible that Robert isn't getting steady stream of information from this area.

On another note, I have had absolutely abysmal service today. I had more dropped calls today than i think I ever had in a day. This was around Jacksonville. US 67 between Jacksonville and Jerseyville is roaming so I can't say much for that stretch. I also couldn't connect to the Jerseyville tower even with Sprint only selected. Between Meridosia and Beardstown I was pulling the Beardstown II tower for about 20-30 miles on 800. It wasn't strong out that far but it was there. I even had a call connect but it was dropping every other word. I notice when I get below about 2 bars on 800 a lot of clipping starts to happen. Probably a combination of the distance and phone I have. Once all the towers in the area have 800 things should run much smoother. On the off chance that Sprint reads this...a tower between Beardstown and Meridosia would help greatly as would one on 67 south of Meridosia just beyond the 67/100 split at the top of the hill. Not ranting just hoping that someone with some pull in this market will find this. For what iPCS sold Sprint things aren't going all that bad.

What I don't get is that at work in south Springfield I get great signal. At home on the north side I get a faint bar on my S3. Been this way for a couple months now. Occasionally will see decent coverage at home but rare. Get tons of dropped calls and bad service where I need it most unfortunately.

Sure cant wait till its live. past year has been terrible for sprint service here. any idea how long it takes to complete a city this size?

Earlier In this form Someone got out of a Sprint technician that Central Illinois will have Lte by November 25. But that isn't necessarily saying it will be full Lte but I guess by the end of the year Central Illinois will be announced.  I was in Nashville in March and had no LTE readings but now Nashville is lite up with purple on Sensorly. And sprint has either Luanched it And has it on its coverage maps. I didnt take them that long with that and Peoria is smaller.

Has anyone noticed that sprint has a lot more Lte on a national prospective than Att on sensorly. Sprint may not have more markets luanched but has more territory than att.

Well, we're not on this months list of new LTE markets, but Sensorly is showing more and more LTE signal in Peoria everyday.  :)

You won't be on the list for a couple months at least. They won't launch until there is appreciable coverage, but as soon as sites are completed they will be live and available for use. 

Just Noticed on sensorly how much the coverage in South Carolina has grown. Just pointing out things that is showing that Sprint is actively working fast to get this launched.

So will LTE be faster once it's totally done? Right now sometimes you get LTE sometimes not in exact same area

Yes, right now everyone that can connect is connecting to the only tower upgraded. Once a few more come up things will probably still be a bit slow as the same thing is going on. It will take nearly all of them to be live before things level off a bit as that was an iPCS market. iPCS markets are not known for having dense coverage.

Yes, right now everyone that can connect is connecting to the only tower upgraded. Once a few more come up things will probably still be a bit slow as the same thing is going on. It will take nearly all of them to be live before things level off a bit as that was an iPCS market. iPCS markets are not known for having dense coverage.

Ok. Thanks for the info

So will LTE be faster once it's totally done? Right now sometimes you get LTE sometimes not in exact same area

Speeds are very signal dependent. If you have a weak signal, you will get slow speeds. So in the sense that more of the area will be covered with stronger signals, it will be faster. But the actually speeds you get with a good signal will not increase. The max speed of Sprint's current LTE network in you area is 37.5Mbps. Once TD-LTE is active (sometime next year) if you have a Tri-Band device you will have access to speeds potentially approaching 90Mbps under good conditions.

Speeds are very signal dependent. If you have a weak signal, you will get slow speeds. So in the sense that more of the area will be covered with stronger signals, it will be faster. But the actually speeds you get with a good signal will not increase. The max speed of Sprint's current LTE network in you area is 37.5Mbps. Once TD-LTE is active (sometime next year) if you have a Tri-Band device you will have access to speeds potentially approaching 90Mbps under good conditions.

Ok. That'll be nice! The new iphone 5s is not triband :(. So do we have AT&T for fiber here?

So will Peoria get 800mhz soon too since we're getting lte?

Lte or 1xRTT because on my phone it shows that in Morton And Washington that i was on 800 1xRTT. 

So will Peoria get 800mhz soon too since we're getting lte?

Yes!! But u will see LTE on 1900 and voice on 800 go live first. The first markets with 800 lte are Chicago and Michigan in the Samsung market that are going to go LTE. I Have heard by the end of the year is the target date for get all markets with LTE to have 800 lte. It is coming, got to be patience . Sadly something that no one has anymore lol

Yes!! But u will see LTE on 1900 and voice on 800 go live first. The first markets with 800 lte are Chicago and Michigan in the Samsung market that are going to go LTE. I Have heard by the end of the year is the target date for get all markets with LTE to have 800 lte. It is coming, got to be patience . Sadly something that no one has anymore lol

Ok cool. I was just meaning 800 for 3G. iPhone 5 doesn't support 800 lte