Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Sprints LTE is working great in Charleston WV. I'm pulling 50 down and 15 up everywhere in Charleston on my lg g4. It's the fastest LTE I've ever used. The LTE won't work on most phones. Haven't dropped to 3g since I've gotten the G4 2 weeks ago. I will post screenshots of amazing speed but the image is to big

Pulled a 45x7 there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious how wide of an LTE channel this is and if they have more than 1 carriers deployed out in nTelos land.

Why is there lte in waynesboro but not charlottesville? Ugh, hurry up.

Yeah, I hear you! Caught LTE passing by Waynesboro late this summer on my way to Staunton from C'ville. It's so hard to wait!

????

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

Charlottesville VA is long out of the way are you sure it's not Charleston WV.

As for the LTE some don't need "lte only" mainly people on galaxy s6 for some reason. nTelos is already rough without those handoff issues so it can be hard to tell.

Hopefully Pittsbugh was not as bad but it depends where you were. But that is a different thread.

It was odd. I was in driving through WV on I-79 (don't remember where now) and the SID that I was getting on 1x was 4379, which according to a website I had found, was Charlottesville VA. But now according to a web search, it is for Beckley WV and Morgantown WV (among other places). I don't have a huge knowledge of SID's so I got a little confused when searching. I was probably near Beckley when I was trying to connect.

And Sprint in Pittsburgh was great. I have heard many good things about that market and it lived up to it's hype. :)

-Anthony

• Like 1

Looks like optimistic spillover from a North Carolina market. Not actual coverage in your market.

Nah.. Ridgeway VA maybe but we are to far away from the NC line for that. This is new for the coverage maps, i check them pretty often.

Spoke to a few friends today who live in Charleston WV. Only one of them use Sprint (Boost), they are getting 4g. I asked her to do a speed test, install sensorly so we can get an update.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm curious how wide of an LTE channel this is and if they have more than 1 carriers deployed out in nTelos land.

There are at least 2 band 25, a band 26 and 1 band 41 in some places.

It was odd. I was in driving through WV on I-79 (don't remember where now) and the SID that I was getting on 1x was 4379, which according to a website I had found, was Charlottesville VA. But now according to a web search, it is for Beckley WV and Morgantown WV (among other places). I don't have a huge knowledge of SID's so I got a little confused when searching. I was probably near Beckley when I was trying to connect.

And Sprint in Pittsburgh was great. I have heard many good things about that market and it lived up to it's hype. :)

-Anthony

SID 4379 seems to be all over nTelos. I was having issues in Beckley it may he to do with 312-190 showing up on I79(still couldn't connect). I find it strange that some areas it connects to that plmn and some places it doesn't.

If I hyped Pittsburgh I am sorry I am just suprised by the tech going up. There is still to many holes to recommend them.

Wait is that confirmed...??!! Charlestown WV?

Yes but it is hard to connect atleast UPdownLoAD and I both connected to LTE around Charleston. Some say the galaxy s6 connects easier.(ie without roaming) More info like a map and SCP database with notes can be found in the premier thread.