Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I heard that the deal is being held up by FCC. I was told to expect January possibly February. It hasn't even been reviewed by the FCC yet.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Approval process appears normal so far:

http://ir.ntelos.com/press-releases/detail/1333/ntelos-holdings-corp-reports-third-quarter-2015-results

• Like 2

"I’ve provided on slide nine a status update for our acquisition of nTelos. Since the deal was announced on August 10th, we have made good progress in moving towards closing. Our financing has been secured with the retail syndication being oversubscribed without going into the flex terms. We received early termination of the Hart-Scott-Rodino review and all state regulatory approvals have been received. Our FCC transfer application is expected to go on public notice soon.

We've extended offers to nTelos employees primarily in the retail stores and field operations. Our activities are proceeding well and we’ve had great cooperation with nTelos management team. Closing is still expected early 2016."

- Christopher French - President and CEO,

Shenandoah Telecommunications Co. (NASDAQ:SHEN)

Q3 2015 Results Earnings Conference Call

October 30, 2015 9:00 AM ET

• Like 7

I wish people would include what provider they have when they post that info. That makes a difference for the rest of us who follow this thread.

Sent from my Note 4

Thankfully one day in the not so distant future, it won't matter anymore. Shentel's purchase of nTelos will be one of the great wireless justices in history.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 5

Thankfully one day in the not so distant future, it won't matter anymore. Shentel's purchase of nTelos will be one of the great wireless justices in history.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I can't wait. I go to Weyers Cave a number of times per year and it will be nice to have good service there.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

Got lte in cumberland yesterday at the shell station

Cumberland ?????    Cumberland in Maryland or what??  Cumberland, Md is not Shentel or ntelos.  It is controlled by the Western Pa division of Sprint Corporate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got lte in cumberland yesterday at the shell station

Cumberland ????? Cumberland in Maryland or what?? Cumberland, Md is not Shentel or ntelos. It is controlled by the Western Pa division of Sprint Corporate.

Could be talking about Cumberland County,VA down near Farmville. To my knowledge that is nTelos area

• Like 1

Could be talking about Cumberland County,VA down near Farmville. To my knowledge that is nTelos area

No, Cumberland County, VA is in Sprint's Richmond market.  Neighboring Buckingham County is nTelos area.

- Trip

• Like 1

No, Cumberland County, VA is in Sprint's Richmond market. Neighboring Buckingham County is nTelos area.

- Trip

Good to know. The last time I was in Buckingham I was in Extended pretty much the whole time

Good to know. The last time I was in Buckingham I was in Extended pretty much the whole time

Last time I was going through Dillwyn taking my sister back to college, my parents called and my phone actually held onto 1X 800 from Cumberland for the entire call!  It was pretty impressive.  But most of US-15 from about Dixie (in Fluvanna County) until south of Sheppards is roaming on US Cellular 1X.  (No EV-DO that I've seen.)

Can't wait for the Shentel buyout, as that's an area they apparently plan to spend a lot of money improving, according to the map on the Welcome to Shentel site.

- Trip

• Like 1

This landed on my desktop:

FYI:  nTelos Outbound LTE Roaming Service Adds Coverage in Virginia & West Virginia - All Dealers

Customers in Virginia and West Virginia will have access to outbound LTE roaming. An updated PLMN file will be pushed to LTE enabled android devices with USIM cards and LTE enabled Apple devices with CSIM cards each day (including weekends) starting 11/6.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 9