Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I think all ntelos operations cease on Nov 15 if Im not mistaken 

Nov. 15th 2015 is the eastern markets east of the Charlottesville/Albemarle county area that cease of operations but still operational in the western markets that they were planning on pulling out of before the Shentel/nTelos merger. They already sold their assets to T-Mobile and they agreed to keep them up till Nov. 15th, 2015.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/ntelos-exit-markets-eastern-virginia-sell-pcs-spectrum-t-mobile/2014-12-02

Edited by JDP121

So, this is a little odd. I'm not connecting to my usual tower at home this evening (Holkham Dr. in Ivy). My phone's locked onto one further away with weaker than usual signal. Hmmm, wonder of they're working on that tower . . .

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

35bca2633f3d817c4df195ad1b2971bc.jpg

Saw this tonight at my house at Lake Monticello. The Sprint MNC is broadcasting here now. This wasn't showing as of Sunday at this location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Got a nice birthday present this evening. On my way to Staunton for a swing band gig, I got this:

Waynesboro:

0c3a4312cc0150037f47ffccd83a19a3.jpg

Fishersville:

dd08aed54fdc2bea373b33622c278467.jpg

Staunton:

9e7719ab4be08d62e41e752c75de7cde.jpg

When I mentioned this to a bandmate, he said he's on nTelos and pointed out the irony of getting LTE all over C'ville just when he received the notice about nTelos being sold. Still no LTE for us Sprint-sters, though. [emoji53]

Got a nice birthday present this evening. On my way to Staunton for a swing band gig, I got this:

0c3a4312cc0150037f47ffccd83a19a3.jpg

dd08aed54fdc2bea373b33622c278467.jpg

9e7719ab4be08d62e41e752c75de7cde.jpg

When I mentioned this to a bandmate, he said he's on nTelos and pointed out the irony of getting LTE all over C'ville just when he received the notice about nTelos being sold. Still no LTE for us Sprint-sters, though. [emoji53]

This is great news that you are seeing someLTE. I can verify the LTE for nTelos in Charlottesville although my sisters phone(iPhone 5S) has been dropping LTE frequently and won't connect at all in Waynesboro anymore.

Are you on Sprint or nTelos?

He'd have to be on Sprint, or he would see nTelos as the provider in SCP.  A Sprint customer might see nTelos or Sprint as a provider, but an nTelos customer will not see Sprint as an LTE provider (except possibly when roaming).  When nTelos goes away, it will all just be Sprint though.  Can't wait for that to happen.

• Like 6

Are you on Sprint or nTelos?

I am on Sprint. My entire family uses nTelos so I do get to see what changes are happening on that end.

• Like 2

It's crazy I have to turn off LTE on my iPhone 6s to stay off of 1x and get 3g. If I turn on the LTE it will get stuck on 1x and I turn off LTE it won't switch to 3g until I turn on airplane mode.

FWIW After upgrading to the latest iOS 9.1 beta, the baseband firmware updated and I do not experience this issue. It seems to be an Apple problem.

Apple iphones update theri carrier settings and firmware with each ios update... So you wont get new tower info and things till the next patch or beta... Personally leave lte off till you get the next patch if your area is where you have issues... Lte for places like harrisonburg, richmond, bristol... Things will get better once shentell takes over

Nope, nothing I've seen in C'ville. I hear that LTE is on city-wide for nTelos folks, but nothing for us Sprint folks.

I am so ready for LTE to light up!! I can now see Sprint's MNC all over nTelos's LTE footprint so we have to be close. IMO I think they will fire it up in January