LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Anyone notice any LTE reception improvements with the Spark update and baseband version? Also I assume with the new Spark update that B41 is easily accessible now?

That's what I'm dying to know. That update had to do more than what we can do with an msl code. Also, does the walmart icon only show when on 41? Or does it always show when you're on lte.

Also, does the walmart icon only show when on 41? Or does it always show when you're on lte.

Uh, I hope the Walmart icon never rears its ugly head.

AJ

• Like 1

That's what I'm dying to know. That update had to do more than what we can do with an msl code. Also, does the walmart icon only show when on 41? Or does it always show when you're on lte.

It shows when on LTE. Only band 25 at my work, but now I have the Spark icon.

I just downloaded the update from XDA and installed it.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1390846796035.jpg

Dose it need a new prl to update or should they be active now?

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

It has nothing to do with any PRL's.  If you go into known Band 26 or Band 41 coverage, see if it connects on its own.  If it doesn't, go in and manually enable the bands and try again.

Robert

I just looked and both we're disabled, I know I won't have a spark network close to me for a while, I'm in the upstate of SC. Can a few more people chim in and check there's also to ser if a non spark markets aren't enabled and spark markets are? I doubt that I have any 41 or 26 around my area.

how? did you use twrp? 

I used adb sideload. My phone is stock, so not rooted and stock recovery.

I think anyone with a custom recovery will either need to get back to stock recovery or wait for someone to make a flashable zip.

Interesting though, I had enabled and disabled bands 26 and 41 and the update didn't touch those settings...they were still disabled.

Question for those that didn't play with the settings, what are the stock priorities?

I just looked and both we're disabled, I know I won't have a spark network close to me for a while, I'm in the upstate of SC. Can a few more people chim in and check there's also to ser if a non spark markets aren't enabled and spark markets are? I doubt that I have any 41 or 26 around my area.

It's highly unlikely that this update is being location based with band enabling/disabling. Every spark device should just always be "on and ready."

So far so good...ran into a hiccup because I had a custom LG SystemUI.apk file but restored stock and it's proceeding as expected....

• Like 1

Just restarted phone again and they are enabled now, and about the priorities what should I have them set too? Or just leave them be.

If you aren't travelling anywhere and staying in a Band 25 only area for awhile, I would leave them alone myself.

Robert

Sideload is working! To install that update sideload you NEED TO BE STOCK UNROOTED!!

Dowload the zip file from link.

Place it in Cache/fota

boot into recovery and select install from cache

Select /fota

select the zip file.

Presto you have the new software

Here's the Direct link that was posted on XDA: https://db.tt/rehZF7n3

• Like 4

You the man!

Sideload is working! To install that update sideload you NEED TO BE STOCK UNROOTED!!

Place it in Cache/fota

Select /fota

select the zip file.

• Like 1

I saw it posted at 6 that the update is official.

Thanks for the notice.  Did you notice that icons was plural.  Does that mean a different for each band, or perhaps you get to choose the spark icon?

Just restarted phone again and they are enabled now, and about the priorities what should I have them set too? Or just leave them be.

Any time you mess with LTE bands or priorities, you need to restart your phone. I am surprised when it did the Spanky....errr Spark update that it didn't prompt you to restart your phone. Even when we were able to manually enable B26 or B41 with the ZV7/ZV8 firmware it automatically needed to reboot the phone. Thank goodness its working You scared me a bit there.

Thanks for the notice.  Did you notice that icons was plural.  Does that mean a different for each band, or perhaps you get to choose the spark icon?

There are separate 3G and LTE Spark icons, that is all.

• Like 1

Place it in Cache/fota

Select /fota

select the zip file.

If you are stock unrooted why is this a benefit?  Is it because you don't have to wait for the servers to prompt you so that you can finally download the Spark update?  I am more curious of finding a way to sideload the Spark update while maintain root access.