LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Im going to take the plunge and update my phone then go to the sprint store and compare signal strength since that question seems to keep getting ignored. I got this!

Just hope that store security does not get you.

AJ

• Like 1

I am trying to install the update and am getting this error:

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == 
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "g2"

I used SuperSU to "temp unroot"

I am running the V8 OTA with TWRP 2.6.3.3

Any ideas before I flash back to stock recovery?

I am trying to install the update and am getting this error:

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == 
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "g2"

I used SuperSU to "temp unroot"

I am running the V8 OTA with TWRP 2.6.3.3

Any ideas before I flash back to stock recovery?

Remove the assert check in the updater-script.

META-INF > Google > Android > Updater-Script.

Should be one line and it'll have "g2" in it.

EDIT: You can edit the updater-script in in Notepad++.

Remove the assert check in the updater-script.

META-INF > Google > Android > Updater-Script.

Should be one line and it'll have "g2" in it.

EDIT: You can edit the updater-script in in Notepad++.

I removed that whole line from the file, but now it just errors out without any details

"Error Flashing..."

where is this cache file to put the zip into. I can't find it.

You have to go back up to the root level. You will most likely start in the /sdcard, press the "Up One Level" button and you should see the cache folder there

Phone has been working good since spark update. My phone has been choosing B41 over B25 when close enough. I have confirmed six towers my phone wouldn't connect to before. Pulling 18mb down at -115db

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Some instructions for the folks without root and on stock recovery. You'll need to use Windows.

This assumes you have the Lg drivers installed and have adb working.

• Download the update file on your pc...thanks to TumTum101 at XDA: http://d-h.st/kF4
  • Copy the file to the folder where adb is.
  • Get into recovery by holding down power and volume down button.
  • In recovery, choose the option on the phone that says apply update from adb.
  • After that open up a command prompt in your folder where you have adb. Type in the following without quotes "adb sideload LS980ZV8_13-LS980ZVA_01_update.zip"

The file will be copied to the phone, then it will proceed with the update. I don't recall if the phone restarted on its own after that...if not select reboot to system and you should be good to go.

• Like 2

Sideload is working! To install that update sideload you NEED TO BE STOCK UNROOTED!!

Dowload the zip file from link.

Place it in Cache/fota

boot into recovery and select install from cache

Select /fota

select the zip file.

Presto you have the new software

Here's the Direct link that was posted on XDA: https://db.tt/rehZF7n3

It appears this file is no longer available.

It appears this file is no longer available.

Yeah it is no longer available because Dropbox only allows "X" number of downloads.  What people should be uploading it to is through Mediafire or some other 3rd party hosting site. 

IOT(CDG2) Menu with LTE only mode and data centric still available.

Great!! Now does it still work?  (At least on my phone they removed the stated ability to turn off band 25 with the last update, but the prompt remained the same). Any emerging sites or sites hidden to a G2 in your area?

Im stock non rooted. I need step by step instructions on how to manually install this update.

Step 1: Wait

It's the easiest most full proof way.  :tu:  :tu:

Even if you are in "Spark" market, having it today isn't going to save any lives so I'd wait still. 

• Like 1

First time trying to sideload an update.  I have the drivers installed, but I am not seeing how I can access the phone's folders?  Except for the pictures and media if I select that when I first plug it in. 

Sorry to sound dumb, but can you help me squigey?

First time trying to sideload an update.  I have the drivers installed, but I am not seeing how I can access the phone's folders?  Except for the pictures and media if I select that when I first plug it in. 

Sorry to sound dumb, but can you help me squigey?

Me too. Thats the problem im having

Step 1: Wait

Honestly, our membership is pretty bad with that.

AJ

• Like 6

It sounds like you're trying run the update using the phone...you need a pc to do this.

I should have clarified, but the instructions are for Windows. I know the adb sideload command works in Linux too if anyone is running that. I think you can skip the driver install though on Linux.

Honestly, our membership is pretty bad with that.

AJ

Ha ha, yeah, I knowz it but figured I'd try.  It'll just take one impatient non-waiter to softbrick their phone then the other impatient folks will see the hell NOT waiting can bring.  Unfortunate situation that serves as a great learning lesson for others.  Technical people who dive in and out of the inner workings of root/deving/etc. being impatient is one thing but for people that are not rooted, have the option to truly easily install the update who don't have adb tool knowledge wanting to make their first foray into it, manually pushing an OTA that isn't 12hr old.... well, I see bad things on the horizon.

I'm sure they'll figure it out but cutting teeth this way is silly IMHO but that's just me.  :ninja:

• Like 2

Since its my first experience with this, are we talking a game of hours? Days? Weeks?

Last time I think it took about 10 days to distribute to all G2 users.