LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Since its my first experience with this, are we talking a game of hours? Days? Weeks?

Vince

Should be days BUT there is no real way to know honestly.  How is your conversion from that iPhone going anyway? I remember you inquiring about the G2, hope you are enjoying the ride. :)

I'm not waiting up to 10 days lol. Never used ADB before but im going to update it using that or brick my phone trying. My struggle.

"May the odds, be ever in your favor"  :tu:

I'm not waiting up to 10 days lol. Never used ADB before but im going to update it using that or brick my phone trying. My struggle.

I just successfully got the update to install by the steps squigey outlined before.  It took a little bit of research on ADB...  (Installing the Android SDK etc)  But if you need some links to help you get through it, let me know. 

Sad part is I'm a web developer and actually have created some pretty crappy Android apps for a class a few years back.  I shouldn't have struggled with this as much as I did.  :D

• Like 2

Should be days BUT there is no real way to know honestly. How is your conversion from that iPhone going anyway? I remember you inquiring about the G2, hope you are enjoying the ride. :)

"May the odds, be ever in your favor" :tu:

I'll be honest. I only made the switch because of band 41, and knowing this update was coming very soon. It's a huge learning curve, and I'll probably never get used to android. iOS is just smoother, easier, and everything is integrated perfectly for me. It is a very nice device, though, and very snappy. I get awesome b25 in and around the suburbs of Chicago, but 30kbps lte when I'm at work won't cut it, so, receiving this update is critical. I have 10 days left before I'm locked in.

Vince

• Like 1

Also, I need to ask a question: since owning this phone (and never once in years of owning my iPhones) I've had restricted access to certain sites. I've been unable to login to my Yahoo mail because it said I may be blocked or malicious activity may be coming from my isp (while on Sprint lte). I've also been blocked from this site. A quick airplane toggle to obtain a new ip fixed both instances.

Vince

I'll be honest. I only made the switch because of band 41, and knowing this update was coming very soon. It's a huge learning curve, and I'll probably never get used to android. iOS is just smoother, easier, and everything is integrated perfectly for me. It is a very nice device, though, and very snappy. I get awesome b25 in and around the suburbs of Chicago, but 30kbps lte when I'm at work won't cut it, so, receiving this update is critical. I have 10 days left before I'm locked in.

Vince

Can DEFINITELY appreciate that man, I hear ya. It take a little bit but hopefully you have friends (and of course this and other forums) to help with the learning curve. 

Also, I need to ask a question: since owning this phone (and never once in years of owning my iPhones) I've had restricted access to certain sites. I've been unable to login to my Yahoo mail because it said I may be blocked or malicious activity may be coming from my isp (while on Sprint lte). I've also been blocked from this site. A quick airplane toggle to obtain a new ip fixed both instances.

Vince

I have never seen this before. 

I removed that whole line from the file, but now it just errors out without any details

"Error Flashing..."

If you have anything that's not stock, it'll error out.  Also - did you add a file extension to the updater-script?

Just having root shows different /system/apps and /system/bin so it may fail on the spot.

Vince

First I assume you have lookout or something better installed on your phone for anti-virus, etc.  I had a phone from motorola that sound like yours -- various rf problems, but difficult to prove. If you are the 14 day period, trade it in. Otherwise if you have phone insurance and a good sprint rep that you treat well, they will take care of you.  Be certain to backup regularly, especially before this update.  This update may either fix your issues or kill your phone [or just leave it the same]. 

Vince

I've heard of various random IPs occasionally being blocked on forums due to the last person assigned that IP doing some malicious things, but Yahoo mail? That's weird. I've never heard of that. I don't think it has anything to do with your phone though. I could be wrong...

Quickest way to update is to;

• Backup everything on SD card. (store in on PC, or somewhere safe.)
  • Restore completely to stock.  (You'll be prompted to ZV8 update from here, take it.)
  • Download the ZV8 to ZVA update zip from XDA and rename it to update.zip, place it on root of your internal storage.
  • Reboot into STOCK recover and select the option "Apply update.zip"
  • Should be running stock ZVA.  But - there's no guarantee of root access.

Best option would be to wait until someone with the update pulls the /system and we just compile a pre-rooted ROM on ZVA firmware.

EDIT: Damn, my phone picked a really bad time to act up.  It's off for repair now.  Likely will have it back in about two weeks.

• Restore completely to stock.  (You'll be prompted to ZV8 update from here, take it.)
  • Download the ZV8 to ZVA update zip from XDA and rename it to update.zip, place it on root of your internal storage.

Best option would be to wait until someone with the update pulls the /system and we just compile a pre-rooted ROM on ZVA firmware.

EDIT: Damn, my phone picked a really bad time to act up.  It's off for repair now.  Likely will have it back in about two weeks.

He's stock, no root and man, that sucks you just sent your phone out didn't you. 

• Like 1

Im not rooted at all. Im completely stock.

I sideloaded the update, complete eye sore on the spinning Walmart as its being referred.

After doing a profile update, my bands are showing 25:1 26:2 41:3. Does this seem right?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Mine are showing up as 26-1 41-2 25-3...  Did you reboot?  Also to those wondering...  I went for a little ride around my small town and LTE on band 25 doesn't seem like it is any better.  I was hoping for at least a little better signal, but nothing noticeable.  Maybe even a little worse. 

It certainly isn't anything scientific...  Hopefully it is just a fluke.

I just successfully got the update to install by the steps squigey outlined before.  It took a little bit of research on ADB...  (Installing the Android SDK etc)  But if you need some links to help you get through it, let me know. 

Sad part is I'm a web developer and actually have created some pretty crappy Android apps for a class a few years back.  I shouldn't have struggled with this as much as I did.  :D

I've done A LOT of theming for Android awhile back under a different Alias on XDA.  I just recently figured out how to do ADB. LOL!

Anyways, Download the SDK and extract the folder into your C:/ Folder.  From there, go into the SDK folder, and scroll to C:\(name of your SDK folder here)\sdk\platform-tools.  Copy this path because you'll need it for adb sideloading.  Copy the zip you're wanting to sideload into this folder, and open up CMD.  Type CD C:\(name of your SDK folder here)\sdk\platform-tools and hit enter.  Then just follow the steps for sideloading from here.  Make sure you're in a recovery and enabled adb sideloading through that.

Definitely rebooted, multiple times. All LTE bands are priority 1.

IIRC, I could only set the priorities (or LG's Proirities), to 0 or 1.  When I hit Edit, that is.  But when I select View under ##DATA#, it always showed 1, 2, and 3 for the "proirities".  I haven't tried ZVA yet but I'd assume it's likely the same.  In which case, you should set B25 as 0 and B26/41 as 1.

He's stock, no root and man, that sucks you just sent your phone out didn't you. 

Correct.  I shipped it out today.  LG will be receiving it Thursday and I believe I'm going to have to pay for them to fix it because it was rooted, even if root didn't cause the problems.  Kinda sucks.  They said it ranges from $40-$160. 

Niceee, I just switched band 25 to 0 and while at home with the Spark update, I am now getting over 15mbps on avg while it used to be ~2mbps...

I get the feeling my battery will suffer but I'm leaving it this way for now...

LTE Band Priorities: 26:1 41:2 25:3... I'm in Manhattan...

• Like 2

Niceee, I just switched band 25 to 0 and while at home with the Spark update, I am now getting over 15mbps on avg while it used to be ~2mbps...

I get the feeling my battery will suffer but I'm leaving it this way for now...

LTE Band Priorities: 26:1 41:2 25:3... I'm in Manhattan...

It shouldn't affect battery because all of the bands are from the same radio chip.  Whether you're on B25 or B41 it shouldn't matter.

• Like 1