LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Yeah I'm hoping that once NV is complete I'll have more lte coverage.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Can you confirm if the ioroot v20 root method is working assuming your root your phone.

If you are stock unrooted why is this a benefit?  Is it because you don't have to wait for the servers to prompt you so that you can finally download the Spark update?  I am more curious of finding a way to sideload the Spark update while maintain root access.

I have my phone rooted with ioroot. I went into superuser and temporarily "Unrooted" phone and it worked...then I went back in and unchecked to re-root.

EDIT: Never mind about un-checking....the update breaks root....Have to re-run root process.

Edited by KD8JBF

What was everyones priorites set to after update? Mine were B26: 1  B41: 2  B25:  3

Interesting...

You could only have them as 1 or 0 before the update correct?

Also if that is true, shouldn't it be from highest band to lowest? That seems to make more sense to me...

-Luis

I have my phone rooted with ioroot. I went into superuser and temporarily "Unrooted" phone and it worked...then I went back in and unchecked to re-root.

EDIT: Never mind about un-checking....the update breaks root....Have to re-run root process.

I use supersu and can do full unroot on my phone. So I assume that you did a full unroot on your phone and then use twrp to sideload the ZVA update?

You could only have them as 1 or 0 before the update correct?

Also if that is true, shouldn't it be from highest band to lowest? That seems to make more sense to me...

-Luis

That is true, it was 1 or 0 before and I believe the lower the number the higher the priority.  So the most common band is 25 and lower since we'll all mostly be on that and it'll bypass the others since they aren't really meant to be the priority bands, they are the fall back bands. When we're our of band 25 and around any 26 or 41 the phone should switch over at it's first change and then probably hand out as long as possible, just like our 800 voice. At least, that is how I understand it and it makes sense to me why they would do it that way. 

I use supersu and can do full unroot on my phone. So I assume that you did a full unroot on your phone and then use twrp to sideload the ZVA update?

Negative...I did a "Temp Un-Root" ran the update, but it broke my root status so I have to re-root...I sideloaded it using stock recovery as the uploaded zip file is unaltered and checks the current image. If there is anything off it will not run. So i basically have to be "Unrooted stock": to get it to go....so you are originally correct that this is really only for people that don't want to wait for the server. lol

I had TWRP installed but reverted for the OTA. I'm going to go back to TWRP now after I re-Root

Even after a restart B26 still isn't enabled. B41 was enabled manually prior to the Spark update. 

I changed mine back to disabled before the update and they are like yours still disabled after the update and multiple restarts. Ugh

I changed mine back to disabled before the update and they are like yours still disabled after the update and multiple restarts. Ugh

Enabled 26 and 41 and restarted and now the priorities show 25~1, 26~2, 41~3. Does not match what the other person on here showed.

Anyone have these same priorities?

Sideload is working! To install that update sideload you NEED TO BE STOCK UNROOTED!!

Dowload the zip file from link.

Place it in Cache/fota

boot into recovery and select install from cache

Select /fota

select the zip file.

Presto you have the new software

Here's the Direct link that was posted on XDA: https://db.tt/rehZF7n3

I downloaded the linked file and installed the update in TWRP.  Worked just fine.  Used same method as last update.  Disabled Xposed.  Flash update zip in TWRP, Flashed latest update SU.zip. Reboot and Spark update installed.  I do apparently need to reinstall TWRP recovery though.  All new versions check out.

• Like 1

I downloaded the linked file and installed the update in TWRP.  Worked just fine.  Used same method as last update.  Disabled Xposed.  Flash update zip in TWRP, Flashed latest update SU.zip. Reboot and Spark update installed.  I do apparently need to reinstall TWRP recovery though.  All new versions check out.

The new update included a new recovery (it can probably be stripped out of that update zip) so that makes sense... You took care of ALL flashing from TWRP and until recovery was rebooted, the new stock one was not loaded. Question for you, what rom were you/are you on and care to provide the SU zip you used? 

Thanks for the update!

Can anyone tell if the radio is stronger now?  It's a totally new modem so hoping something was changed in there.

Me as well!

I would like to know also.

Stronger, no.  Configured differently via firmware, maybe.

AJ

• Like 1

Could anyone tell me how to take the steps to get the spark update cause i havent gotten it yet.

I posted the process if you don't want to wait for the ota a few posts back:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=273093

if you have TWRP Follow this:

• Like 1

Still awaiting the update here... I don't want to manually install it, mainly because I don't trust myself. Anyways, has anyone recieved the update over WiFi or 3G? It's seems as though everyone has been getting it over LTE, which I don't have here.

Stronger, no.  Configured differently via firmware, maybe.

AJ

You're 100% correct. There is nothing we can change as far as hardware.

The new update included a new recovery (it can probably be stripped out of that update zip) so that makes sense... You took care of ALL flashing from TWRP and until recovery was rebooted, the new stock one was not loaded. Question for you, what rom were you/are you on and care to provide the SU zip you used? 

Thanks for the update!

The superuser file I used was simply update supersu 1.91 available here: 

hxxp://download.chainfire.eu/381/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip

I am on stock Rom LS980ZVA

The problem I am having now is that I cannot install TWRP as the Loki file does not work for this updated ROM.  When I did this with the old zv8 update it did not strip out my recovery.  As you said the zip file I flashed had the new stock recovery in it.  I am fully rooted but I cannot re-flash a custom recovery at this point. 

Anyone have any suggestions.  I could not do a DD adb push to make it work either.

• Like 1