LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

With the above link you don't need to..I had a similar issue where it was soft bricked and uses the utility to restore to v7 then ota to v8

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm in Chicago. Plenty of spark here.

Vince

Band 25 will dominate Band 41. Without Spark it will connect to Band 25 first.

With the above link you don't need to..I had a similar issue where it was soft bricked and uses the utility to restore to v7 then ota to v8

I tried that restore to stock zip and the problem carried over. I can't root again, the device doesn't let me get that far. It'll boot and screen is 100% unresponsive, then reboots after 15 seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I tried that restore to stock zip and the problem carried over. I can't root again, the device doesn't let me get that far. It'll boot and screen is 100% unresponsive, then reboots after 15 seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 5

No TAR to just start over fresh?

No TAR to just start over fresh?

It included a .tot file that was flashed in a similar way that Odin works on Samsung phones.  Put the G2 into download mode - restored it, and problems still persist.  Something happened to my device and it had corrupted my EFS partitions so the device literally doesn't know its own IMEI, or MDIN, or ESN from one partition and the other one is radio settings so I'm unable to turn WiFi on.  I'm literally 100% stock at this point, but without the EFS partitions, the phone is a brick.  It's crazy because it just happened randomly while I was out.  Data dropped, went home to restore my Stock-Rooted backup, problem still there.  Then I did the full 100% stock recovery via .tot file, and problem still there. 

It included a .tot file that was flashed in a similar way that Odin works on Samsung phones.  Put the G2 into download mode - restored it, and problems still persist.  Something happened to my device and it had corrupted my EFS partitions so the device literally doesn't know its own IMEI, or MDIN, or ESN from one partition and the other one is radio settings so I'm unable to turn WiFi on.  I'm literally 100% stock at this point, but without the EFS partitions, the phone is a brick.  It's crazy because it just happened randomly while I was out.  Data dropped, went home to restore my Stock-Rooted backup, problem still there.  Then I did the full 100% stock recovery via .tot file, and problem still there. 

I was just telling a new root/recovery user on the N5 today to make a copy of just their EFS and copy it to the a safe place off of the device.  Your story reminds me to do it again since some things have changed in my EFS since I've done it.

• Like 4

Anyone have a stock backup handy on their G2?  It'd be appreciated because right now my device is useless.  My EFS settings were wiped on CM11 and now my radio settings don't work.  If I can restore someone else's EFS settings, my radio will work again.

OMG you are such a flash noob.  You are suppose to backup your EFS partitions and have a nandroid backup handy.

He's the one that confirmed it was EFS issues.  He said it has even happened on stock ROMs that haven't been tampered.  I just hope I don't have to pay a deductible to get it fixed.

So when you flashed CM 11 and you were using it, the EFS issues occurred?

So when you flashed CM 11 and you were using it, the EFS issues occurred?

Yeah, I was running CM11 from 1/24.  I had flashed it at like 11:30pm or so and at 3pm-ish the next day, I was out and my data connection dropped randomly so when I got home, I just restored my NANdroid and it couldn't connect to Sprint so I did ##SCRTN# to force a hands free activation and then it started rebooting on me everytime it boots and I'm unable to even use the screen when it's on.

Man is that a CM 11 issue or is that just a freak accident?  Now you learned your lesson to backup your EFS partitions onto your PC and eisewhere.

True that.  Autoprime said it could happen at anytime and it's unknown what causes it.  It could have been CM11 but I'm not sure.  I've ran CM11 for days without issue.  Someone else in the CM11 thread claims their data stopped working, too.  Not sure if it's related to the EFS though.

I was just telling a new root/recovery user on the N5 today to make a copy of just their EFS and copy it to the a safe place off of the device.  Your story reminds me to do it again since some things have changed in my EFS since I've done it.

I'm that guy. Thank goodness I listened. I'm coming from the HTC evo and had never even heard of it. Already uploaded to Dropbox. ;-). Thanks Digi.

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but do you guys have any tips or suggestions for connecting to 41? I got my msl and set 41,25,26 to 1, 0, 0, respectively and couldn't connect all night. Without the update, is it random when you'll connect? Or is there some trick that I'm missing. Thanks.

Vince

You are in a spark market, our is just emerging, but the tips in my signature still may help you.  Most of the priority settings have no effect.  Confirm that your priorities are working the way you think with ##debug# LTE engineering just after you force the connection to reset (LTE Discovery is your friend for resetting a g2 connection.)