LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

And also from what i seen in the source code list i read through last night on lg's site its there for sprint to send unless im mistaken. So it seems its on them not lg.

Thays my thing how can they put it out on the flex before the g2 that dont make any sense at all. I mean i know they havent had tri band phones forever but this is a little overboard when your gonna release another phone by the same manufacter with the update on it.

The Flex probably has a hardware fix for Triband. G2 is likely overcoming it's issues through software, which is a lot harder.

No matter what, zva source is posted so kernel is updated. Keep an eye on the RDF and see if the modem changes. Otherwise, they're tweaking values inside the system apks.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Thays my thing how can they put it out on the flex before the g2 that dont make any sense at all. I mean i know they havent had tri band phones forever but this is a little overboard when your gonna release another phone by the same manufacter with the update on it.

Why doesn't it make sense? The G2 and the G Flex are two completely different devices. The "update" on the Flex is likely not the same code that the G2 requires. Not to mention that Sprint hinted the G2 update would be out by the end of the month, and we still have a week to go. And do we have any proof that the Flex will be Spark-enabled at launch? It's not entirely clear in the press release, and I have yet to see a hands-on review confirming it.

You are basically complaining that the Flex should not be released until the G2 and Nexus 5 both have the Spark update. To use your line, "That dont make any sense at all."

-Mike

• Like 3

Well when sprint had the news release it was said that it would be tri band out the box along with the prepaid dongle for virgin mobile. Thats what it said. And all i was saying was that the flex is pretty much the same hardware as far as chipset. And that its not like they didnt have some kind of knowledge that there was going to be tri band phones thats why it was so late coming out, well nobody knew at the time why but now we do and then they really was vague about the phone at first about what was going on with the phone and its issues. I just dont see why its so hard for them to get this phone updated when thetes devices out after ours that have no problems. Im not just bashing them or anything i like my phone but i dont think they should say they are going to release a update this month if they wasnt positive it could be done is all. And thats not to say it wont happen either id like to think they will have it ready by the end of the month.

You realize that the Nexus 5 doesn't have its Spark update either, right?

-Mike

And they're all lg phones that are slow on updates

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

And they're all lg phones that are slow on updates

Which isn't at all true either. The Nexus has been getting maintenance updates just like the g2 did on a pretty rapid basis in my eyes.

Software really isn't that big of a deal guys. If it was as easy as what you guys are making it seem like it would be out.

Find something else to occupy your time with other than staring at your phone waiting on an update.

• Like 1

Well i thought about that too when i got it but lg was saying they were gonna step there game up so i went on and got it. And just to show they have somewhat they arent putting 4.3 on there older devices they are skipping straight to kit kat with their updates so they are trying to go in the right direction.

Id like to root my phone but ive been trying to wait for the spark update before i do. I had my gs3 rooted and i liked it cause you get updates faster and just a lot more customizable.

I'd stay off CM11 for now until they fix the bug that causes the device to unregister from Sprint's network.  Unfortunately, it's carried over to my backup so I'm having to wipe the device completely and go stock.

Oh damn.... sorry to hear that man! 

Id like to root my phone but ive been trying to wait for the spark update before i do. I had my gs3 rooted and i liked it cause you get updates faster and just a lot more customizable.

Ah, ok, I think.   :scratch:

Where you asking a question or just thinking out loud? 

Well i thought about that too when i got it but lg was saying they were gonna step there game up so i went on and got it. And just to show they have somewhat they arent putting 4.3 on there older devices they are skipping straight to kit kat with their updates so they are trying to go in the right direction.

I think they stepped their game up for sure. They fixed the earpiece issue relatively quickly with the maintenance release.

You guys do realize even with spark enabled your phone will still more than likely hold onto1900 due to it reaching a wider area than 2600 right? I don't see why the big push for it all the sudden.

Which isn't at all true either. The Nexus has been getting maintenance updates just like the g2 did on a pretty rapid basis in my eyes.

Software really isn't that big of a deal guys. If it was as easy as what you guys are making it seem like it would be out.

Find something else to occupy your time with other than staring at your phone waiting on an update.

I don't get it. Software is almost the only deal these days since the hardware is almost irrelevant today with the. CPUs be in fat enough and all. I emailed LG to tell them they need to support their devices and customers if they want customers to support them and they simply replied that there were no plans at the present time to upgrade the G2 to kitkat. Go figure! I hope they go out of business. I'm very happy at both HTC and samsung at updating their old phones. I can't wait for HTC to finally come out with a hardware refresh so I can consider their phones again. Their current phone was a non-starter for me.

I don't get it. Software is almost the only deal these days since the hardware is almost irrelevant today with the. CPUs be in fat enough and all. I emailed LG to tell them they need to support their devices and customers if they want customers to support them and they simply replied that there were no plans at the present time to upgrade the G2 to kitkat. Go figure! I hope they go out of business. I'm very happy at both HTC and samsung at updating their old phones. I can't wait for HTC to finally come out with a hardware refresh so I can consider their phones again. Their current phone was a non-starter for me.

If you don't like LG's software business model don't buy from them? Pretty simple to me. Hence why I don't buy apple. I don't like the idea of them polishing a turd and reselling it as a brand new item. In this day and age it's pretty easy to switch phones if you're unhappy. The 14 day trial period is your friend.

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but do you guys have any tips or suggestions for connecting to 41? I got my msl and set 41,25,26 to 1, 0, 0, respectively and couldn't connect all night. Without the update, is it random when you'll connect? Or is there some trick that I'm missing. Thanks.

Vince

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but do you guys have any tips or suggestions for connecting to 41? I got my msl and set 41,25,26 to 1, 0, 0, respectively and couldn't connect all night. Without the update, is it random when you'll connect? Or is there some trick that I'm missing. Thanks.

Vince

Do you know that you are in a Band 41 Market?

Anyone have a stock backup handy on their G2?  It'd be appreciated because right now my device is useless.  My EFS settings were wiped on CM11 and now my radio settings don't work.  If I can restore someone else's EFS settings, my radio will work again.

I'm in Chicago. Plenty of spark here.

Vince

Anyone have a stock backup handy on their G2? It'd be appreciated because right now my device is useless. My EFS settings were wiped on CM11 and now my radio settings don't work. If I can restore someone else's EFS settings, my radio will work again.

There is a factory image on xda for v7 I used 4 or 5 times. Also rocking Houston's paranoid android..no issues

• Like 1

Another to add to the list of reasons why I dont use AOSP, even though I want to. Ill upload to box or dropbox soon, itll be from philz custom

Hey, actually I'm going to send it in for repair.  There's no way I can restore it.  Device is rebooting as soon as it boots so I can't re-root to restore your EFS backup.

Thanks for the help, though!

Hey, actually I'm going to send it in for repair. There's no way I can restore it. Device is rebooting as soon as it boots so I can't re-root to restore your EFS backup.

The image is over a 1gb and you have to use the PC based lg utility to flash

Hey, actually I'm going to send it in for repair. There's no way I can restore it. Device is rebooting as soon as it boots so I can't re-root to restore your EFS backup.

Here is the link with guide

http://www.thefullsignal.com/lg/lg-g2/16127/how-unroot-your-lg-g2

• Like 2