LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I took the plunge and got mine last night. Also got an HTC one for my sis in law...she loves it. The G2 was for my wife originally, but once we got home and it wouldn't connect to airave, I swapped out to be mine until kinks get worked out.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I took the plunge and got mine last night. Also got an HTC one for my sis in law...she loves it. The G2 was for my wife originally, but once we got home and it wouldn't connect to airave, I swapped out to be mine until kinks get worked out.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Hope.. The HTC One is being used in a good signal area and you got it for cheap.

When I first bought my G2, I assumed it would make sense to change the cell radio to LTE/CDMA. I was not picking up any LTE signals? Then I changed it LTE only and still no signal. Finally I changed it back to its default Global setting and then I was able to get LTE just fine.

After 3 weeks of using the G2, I noticed the last couple of days I have been struggling to find a signal. What is more odd, is that I changed it to CDMA only and found and LTE network. I have since switched it back, but a little frustrated that I cannot maintain a strong signal anymore.

Is the G2 having problems connecting to a airave?

YES!!!

I can (show) 5 bars of voice...then make a call, and suddenly it dumps off of the Airave and onto 2 bars of VZW roaming for the call.

OR...it'll make the call on the Airave...(along with the popcorn sound in the earpiece), and the voice becomes so garbled from it trying to jump off of the Airave that I have to hang up and try again...

I'm not sure why it won't play nice with the Airave..I got 14 days though, right ...

If I can't get it to work, I'll go back and get my wife the HTC One...

Digiblur:

The HTC wasn't for me and I didn't make any recommendations...my sister-in-law and wife both liked playing with that particular phone, and opted for it rather than the G2..

If it was me...I would've got the Nexus ..but I don't have to use it so I let them decide ...she got the one she wanted...and so far it's working pretty well...even with the Airave.

When I first bought my G2, I assumed it would make sense to change the cell radio to LTE/CDMA. I was not picking up any LTE signals? Then I changed it LTE only and still no signal. Finally I changed it back to its default Global setting and then I was able to get LTE just fine.

After 3 weeks of using the G2, I noticed the last couple of days I have been struggling to find a signal. What is more odd, is that I changed it to CDMA only and found and LTE network. I have since switched it back, but a little frustrated that I cannot maintain a strong signal anymore.

It shouldn't matter if you have the Network mode set to Global and LTE/CDMA in terms of finding LTE.  My G2 is set to LTE/CDMA network mode and I have no trouble connecting to LTE at all.  Every time you switch Network modes, it forces the phone to go and scan for a signal.  It might have been a placebo effect.  You might just be in a LTE fringe area which is why it bounces in and out.  But if it works for you go for it.

Finally.... 26 is the magical #. Los angeles im currently connected to a steady b41 connection at a big park....

I am afraid you have an invalid result there.  Band 26 is LTE 800/850, while band 41 is TD-LTE 2600.  You will need to do some more testing with screenshots because your EARFCN does not check out.  It would be in the Cellular 850 MHz band, which AT&T and VZW control in LA.

AJ

I guess that is my point. It shouldn't matter and it has been acting strangely. Still connecting to LTE network when I am on CDMA only? I am only playing with the setting because I am trying to see if its the reason why I am suddenly losing my connection strength?

I guess that is my point. It shouldn't matter and it has been acting strangely. Still connecting to LTE network when I am on CDMA only? I am only playing with the setting because I am trying to see if its the reason why I am suddenly losing my connection strength?

So you set the phone to use CDMA only in Network Mode settings and still getting LTE?  Have you tried rebooting the phone with the CDMA only setting to ensure that it doesn't need a phone reboot in order to take effect?

Finally.... 26 is the magical #. Los angeles im currently connected to a steady b41 connection at a big park....

Something about your EARFCN values are off.  The   Also B26 is 800 MHz and B41 is 2600 MHz.  That 8817 DL channel in your screenshot does not match up to a valid frequency range that Sprint owns.  

It was litterally jumping back and forth from b41 to 26 to 25 so one could say i got it as it was acting up.... What is EARFCN?

Yes, it was F***** with your EAR.

:P

AJ

So you set the phone to use CDMA only in Network Mode settings and still getting LTE?  Have you tried rebooting the phone with the CDMA only setting to ensure that it doesn't need a phone reboot in order to take effect?

I haven't tried that. But I will when I am in an LTE area again.

No problems connecting to my airrave at home. Might want to reset profile and PRL and see if that helps. 

I don't have one. Just thinking about getting one. Just want to know what to expect. 

My wife was telling me she thought it was interesting how we both had the same phone but they look so different. It got me wondering how everyone else has theirs customized.

Look at this cool mod that was ported from the LG G Flex onto me G2!!! Dual window mode like Samsung (image removed)

That's awesome. I guess LG realized that QSlide was pointless and went for a real dual screen setup. I wonder if they will include it in the kitkat update.

That's awesome. I guess LG realized that QSlide was pointless and went for a real dual screen setup. I wonder if they will include it in the kitkat update.

I hope so.  Even Samsung after introducing it to the Note 2 realized that it was a cool feature and eventually brought it back to the GS3, GS4 and Note 3.  I hope LG brings this functionality in the G2 Kitkat update as well as to the LG Optimus G and LG Optimus G Pro phones as well in hopefully a kitkat update for them as well.