LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So, Sprint is pushing the Triband capabilities aside until 2014 or "in the coming months" now?  This sounds like those dummy APNs that should be there to control the Tri-Band LTE frequencies wont be changed until the next OTA.  Wonder how long that'll be.  I've got live 2500 sites at my college campus and they're going to make me wait longer to access them! Gah!

Wonder if you guys have the spark status icon in your phones already. Someone must have fished around for in the system files by now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Nothing about spark in the SystemUI, which is what houses the status bar icons.  Might be in Framework-res.  Brb.

EDIT: System Dump did not include Framework for me. :< I'd have to download the 2GB file again, but there's a 99% chance it'll be housed inside SystemUI>res>Drawable-xxhdpi.

• Like 2

I thought spark is what sprints calling their tri-band lte...I don't see this as a firmware or modem update alone...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I thought spark is what sprints calling their tri-band lte...I don't see this as a firmware or modem update alone...

You're correct. It's just a fancy name for triband lte - a.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I wonder how long until we see a Samsung Galaxy Epic Sparky 4G Touch.

It does annoy me that I bought the first triband phone only to find out it will be the last one from 2013 to be able to use triband. Hopefully this will be a case of under promise and over deliver. I have active band 41 right where I live and want to try it out now.

• Like 2

It does annoy me that I bought the first triband phone only to find out it will be the last one from 2013 to be able to use triband. Hopefully this will be a case of under promise and over deliver. I have active band 41 right where I live and want to try it out now.

I think you meant Samsung Galaxy Epic Sparky 4G Touch by Sprint with Google

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I feel the same way as you do. The fact that this phone won't even connect to band 25 properly is really upsetting. I hope they release a fix when the phone officially releases.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

You're correct. It's just a fancy name for triband lte - a.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

You sure it's LTE-A?  I thought that was a couple of years off.

You sure it's LTE-A?  I thought that was a couple of years off.

LTE-A is composed of many different technologies that can be integrated into LTE, it isn't just a single entity that can be labeled on a band like saying "this is EVDO" or "this is LTE".

• Like 1

While the Nexus 5 seems very tempting, I'm going to go ahead and stick with the G2 for now. I'll see if Battery life is much different and swap out then, if necessary.

I do think the G2 will resell for more off contract and I'm only paying $50 on upgrade through Best Buy. I'm also interested in seeing how 4.4 works and how well the 3G/4G radios perform on both devices.

• Like 2

wonder how many g2 pre-orders are getting cancelled today

You can feel the decision making skills being put to the test.

I have not pre-ordered but I am still going to get the G2 next week.  Black, of course.

Mav.   :ninja:

wonder how many g2 pre-orders are getting cancelled today

Not mine. I realized, every other Nexus device released under Sprint or Verizon don't really give you a true Nexus experience because updates are so delayed due to the slight differences in AOSP with CDMA phones.

So, might as well stick with the G2.

Not mine. I realized, every other Nexus device released under Sprint or Verizon don't really give you a true Nexus experience because updates are so delayed due to the slight differences in AOSP with CDMA phones.

im jumping ship! Anyone want to buy mine?

Right in the past.

The nexus 5 should change all that. One device for all supported providers. This is the beauty of the n5, and the fact that it does/will support tri-band 'spark' network.

There should not be the delay that the cdma galaxy nexus have had.

Uhh ohh. You must not know there is only one American Nexus 5 model. It's that same one for all carriers. Google issues the updates and everyone gets them at once. BAM!!!

Even Sprint.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Uhh ohh. You must not know there is only one American Nexus 5 model. It's that same one for all carriers. Google issues the updates and everyone gets them at once. BAM!!!

Even Sprint.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

That is a good point. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

If Sprint gets an order page up and reviews come in before my Best Buy pre-order ships, I might consider canceling my G2 order.

Otherwise, no big deal. The G2 will inevitably get AOSP based ROMs anyway.

Edited by WhiteZero