Galaxy S4 Mini [Tri-Band]

Terrell352

Found on Engadget today they believe its the galaxy S4 mini. Triband in tow

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=419483&fcc_id=A3LSPHL520

CPU MSM8930(Snapdragon 400)
Screen Size 540x960(qHD
OS Version 4.2.2
Back cam 8MP
Front cam 1.9MP
Total Device Memory 1.5GB RAM 
Total Device Flash 8GB ROM 
External Memory Max Size 64GB SDXC

Bands 25, 26, 41

Seems to be a mid range phone. Not looking good for the Note 3 to be triband 

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=419483&fcc_id=A3LSPHL520

Screen Size 540x960(qHD

OS Version 4.2.2

Back cam 8MP

Front cam 1.9MP

Bands 25, 26, 41

What makes u say that? If anything this further confirms the note 3 will be triband LTE because if midrange phones are getting triband LTE, then u know flagship phones will get triband LTE. I don't see your logic.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4

Screen Size 540x960(qHD

OS Version 4.2.2

Back cam 8MP

Front cam 1.9MP

Bands 25, 26, 41

I've been talking about this device for over a month, I had even added it to the Sprint LTE device list when I found it in July. I'm just extremely surprised it's triband. But if anything, it's more of an indicator that the Note 3 is going to be triband.

Didn't sprint only confirm 2 devices coming this year. One from LG and one from Samsung? Since we know those two devices I don't think the note 2 or any other phone was promised triband

I've been talking about this device for over a month, I had even added it to the Sprint LTE device list when I found it in July. I'm just extremely surprised it's triband. But if anything, it's more of an indicator that the Note 3 is going to be triband.

Didn't sprint only confirm 2 devices coming this year. One from LG and one from Samsung? Since we know those two devices I don't think the note 2 or any other phone was promised triband

I don't remember. But just because they say something, doesn't mean they can't add more. Remember, they can't speak and say that Apple is releasing a Triband iPhone on Sprint based on the NDA in place with Apple. Sprint may have had a similar agreement with Samsung regarding the Note 3. We won't know for sure until the FCC docs are published for the Sprint variant Note 3.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Its all fiction to me until proven fact. Guess we just have to wait and see

I don't remember. But just because they say something, doesn't mean they can't add more. Remember, they can't speak and say that Apple is releasing a Triband iPhone on Sprint based on the NDA in place with Apple. Sprint may have had a similar agreement with Samsung regarding the Note 3. We won't know for sure until the FCC docs are published for the Sprint variant Note 3.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't mean they can't confirm more.... As they become available

No..Sprint didn't confirm any particular number of devices that they will have from any specific OEM and certainly Sprint did not confirm any number of devices to support triband.  From the triband hotspot press release, all it said was that "Smartphones from LG and Samsung will have triband support released later on in the year."  But we still don't know what the iPhone 5S and what the HTC One Max will have.  I predict the HTC One Max will be triband and the iPhone 5S could have a very good chance to be triband but HTC and Apple weren't listed in the triband hotspot press release as OEMS to get triband.  I don't take a specific detail that might have been left out as the truth.

I think what you are aiming at is that Robert did mention that his sources have told him that at least another Samsung device was in the pipeline that he couldn't share in the Triband GS4 thread.   I wonder if that other device is the GS4 mini.

Ew, because we needed more badly-selling midrange phones. The Galaxy Victory was such a great success, after all.

I would welcome an entry level tri-band device because that is probably what I will go with....Not everyone has $200-$400 to drop on a phone.

I would welcome an entry level tri-band device because that is probably what I will go with....Not everyone has $200-$400 to drop on a phone.

I know, and I understand that. I look at it differently: if your upgrade cycle is 20 months, an extra $100 is equal to $5 a month, while $200 is $10 a month. Most people won't miss $10 (and definitely not $5) a month, and you're going to get a lot more technology out of it.

It's just something I've noticed, working at two different stores (with two very different clientele). The major sellers are either flagships, or last year's flagships. Phones designed for the midrange (read: same price as "last year's flagship") tend to not get a second glance unless they're priced "Free".

That being said, I might still end up pushing people towards this, depending on our TriBand lineup in the coming months.

Lilg, i agree with you. Most of us dont need a top of the line "bleeding" edge product. Tri-band support is something i could go for.

Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Most folks try to keep their phone for 2 years for their next upgrade. I always recommend to people to always buy the latest as it should be no problem lasting 2 years as long as it is not physically broken. They know when the upgrade is coming up so start saving a few bucks here and there and you will have the money in two years. If they can't afford to save $200 or so in 2 years then they need to cancel the data plan, focus on other priorities that are actually required in life and just get a throw away voice/text flip phone.

• Like 2

I know, and I understand that. I look at it differently: if your upgrade cycle is 20 months, an extra $100 is equal to $5 a month, while $200 is $10 a month. Most people won't miss $10 (and definitely not $5) a month, and you're going to get a lot more technology out of it.

It's just something I've noticed, working at two different stores (with two very different clientele). The major sellers are either flagships, or last year's flagships. Phones designed for the midrange (read: same price as "last year's flagship") tend to not get a second glance unless they're priced "Free".

That being said, I might still end up pushing people towards this, depending on our TriBand lineup in the coming months.

I am one of those people that would miss $5 a month and there is only one point in the year when I have $200 in disposable cash....that's tax time....

What harm would it bring sprint to bring back silver and gold one year upgrades? Probably none because they have play money now but I don't think they want to. I would think it would be a good thing at least for me as I would be much more likely to upgrade every year rather than two if I could.

What harm would it bring sprint to bring back silver and gold one year upgrades? Probably none because they have play money now but I don't think they want to. I would think it would be a good thing at least for me as I would be much more likely to upgrade every year rather than two if I could.

Whoa whoa whoa, Sprint does not have any free play money to just toss around.  Even though Softbank has provided a lot of liquidity to Sprint, they are very far from out of the woods financially.  If they were in such good shape, they would not be posting losses in their quarterly reports for the last 20 quarters or so.  Sprint still has a ton of debt that it needs to pay back and they still have major network problems that it needs to address with Network Vision.  In addition they probably have some sunk costs that Sprint was not able to negotiate a buy out on tower leases for Nextel sites with the tower companies.

I would love to see Sprint bring back the Premier program for 10+ year customers for 1 year upgrade contracts just to ensure customer loyalty is maintained.

Well tmobile att and Verizon all have it without customer loyalty. I mean everyone should be able to get a year upgrade on sprint I'd need be even if its a considered a rip off on Verizon and att.

Whoa whoa whoa, Sprint does not have any free play money to just toss around. Even though Softbank has provided a lot of liquidity to Sprint, they are very far from out of the woods financially. If they were in such good shape, they would not be posting losses in their quarterly reports for the last 20 quarters or so. Sprint still has a ton of debt that it needs to pay back and they still have major network problems that it needs to address with Network Vision. In addition they probably have some sunk costs that Sprint was not able to negotiate a buy out on tower leases for Nextel sites with the tower companies.

I would love to see Sprint bring back the Premier program for 10+ year customers for 1 year upgrade contracts just to ensure customer loyalty is maintained.

You'll note well that the Premier Gold one-year upgrades went away just about the time Sprint got the iPhone, also about the same time Early Termination Fees jumped from $200 to $350.

If they did, it would probably be in a way similar to how it used to be. Full "upgrade" pricing after 20 months (it also used to be 22, remember?), half that or worse after 12. So, since the current ETF is $350, they should give you around $175 off after one year.

The current "Upgrade Now" program does offer 12-month upgrade pricing. When you're at 12 to 14 months, your upgrade will cost you $200, on top of the price of the phone. In other words, your Samsung Galaxy S IV would cost you $400, giving you a total rebate of $150. That's double the old $75 off.

Well tmobile att and Verizon all have it without customer loyalty. I mean everyone should be able to get a year upgrade on sprint I'd need be even if its a considered a rip off on Verizon and att.

I am fine with Sprint not offering a competing product for now until they see some feedback and response to Verizon and ATT's upgrade programs.  You are assuming Verizon and ATT's programs are going to be wildly successful but Sprint wants to make sure that if they were to release a competing product that it will be successful. 

Personally I dont care about any service which I know is something I would never get because its a huge rip off just to say its an option.  I would much rather have Sprint take their time to study the plans between each of the major carriers and see how much of a positive feedback it will bring.  I know it won't take Sprint that long at all to launch a competing product.  If they were to brainstorm a product at this very moment, I can see Sprint launch a program from idea to reality in just a few weeks.  No need to sweat on how long it will take to generate a program to compete.

Lol I may not care anymore if this nexus 5 that they think just went thru the fcc comes out. Seems to have att, tmobile and sprint LTE bands in tow. If its off contract I would be in heaven and would sell my EVO LTE faster than Mike Tyson can spend $300 million dollars. Lord give me a sign that this is true!

You'll note well that the Premier Gold one-year upgrades went away just about the time Sprint got the iPhone, also about the same time Early Termination Fees jumped from $200 to $350.

If they did, it would probably be in a way similar to how it used to be. Full "upgrade" pricing after 20 months (it also used to be 22, remember?), half that or worse after 12. So, since the current ETF is $350, they should give you around $175 off after one year.

The current "Upgrade Now" program does offer 12-month upgrade pricing. When you're at 12 to 14 months, your upgrade will cost you $200, on top of the price of the phone. In other words, your Samsung Galaxy S IV would cost you $400, giving you a total rebate of $150. That's double the old $75 off.

• 4 weeks later...