Galaxy S4 Mini [Tri-Band]

Terrell352

So I decided to return the LG G2 (which by the way was an excellent device) and get something a little more portable. I really like the GS4 Mini. Seems to be all the phone you need for the casual user who likes to tweak a little. That being said I did get the spark update as soon as I activated it. Now I was wondering if anyone has found where to set the LTE scan timer? Also anyone here rooted this little monster yet?

So I decided to return the LG G2 (which by the way was an excellent device) and get something a little more portable. I really like the GS4 Mini. Seems to be all the phone you need for the casual user who likes to tweak a little. That being said I did get the spark update as soon as I activated it. Now I was wondering if anyone has found where to set the LTE scan timer? Also anyone here rooted this little monster yet?

Try the LTE discovery app.

I would assume it's under ##DATA#

I am fairly sure I saw root on XDA when I was searching about the Mini.

Did anyone get the Mini? Looks like Root is possible using Kingo Android Root.

If so, did you try flashing a PRL on it, and how did you do it if it worked?

I know the LTE scan timer is only visible when choosing EDIT in ##DATA# screen.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sprint quietly released Direct Connect for the Mini this past week, along with WiFi calling (will be pushed in a software update shortly).

Here's a link to the Direct Connect app on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qualcomm.qchat.dla

You will need to go into your Sprint.com account, change services, and either add the $0 or $5 (depending on your plan) Unlimited Direct Connect option to your plan prior to using.

• 2 months later...

Bought this phone for my wife for a penny.  She was due for an upgrade and when I found out that the local Sprint stores only sell the S4 Mini as a prepaid phone, I ordered it from Costco's website.  It shipped yesterday.  

I did take her into a Verizon store so she could play around with the actual handset before she made her decision.  

Spark is not in our area, but she really liked the Verizon unit.  Should be here on Wednesday.  

Peace,

DM

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had wifi issues with their S4 mini? Particularly slow downloads. My laptop hets 15mbps on wireless, but my phone does less than 2. I've tried turning off power save in the *#0011# menu and turned off auto network switching. I even upgraded my router to Netgear WNDR3400 N600. Whether on 2.5 or 5GHz, my phone is still slow. I've tried various security settings.

Anyone have any tips?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had wifi issues with their S4 mini? Particularly slow downloads. My laptop hets 15mbps on wireless, but my phone does less than 2. I've tried turning off power save in the *#0011# menu and turned off auto network switching. I even upgraded my router to Netgear WNDR3400 N600. Whether on 2.5 or 5GHz, my phone is still slow. I've tried various security settings.

Anyone have any tips?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

You're not going to like this answer but your phone doesn't like your router and your old router. I had the same issue where I could only get 5 - 7 on my Linksys E2000. Now with my Black Knight it's a hell of a lot better. Get even better in 5 Ghz.

uge3unah.jpg ehemuvub.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...