Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

There is no change the 32gb version will have a 3000mah battery, is there?

Is was one anonymous "tipster" that told phonearena of the 3000mah 32gb version, no other mention of this.

Yes its that same rumor but so many tech websites ran with that story and tried to paint it as it was written like the 10 commandments.  Since then there has not been any more confirmation of a 32 GB + 3000 maH battery model.

I don't believe there will be one.  The FCC docs don't support it and it just seems to weird to me for Google to have 2 different storage models along with 2 different battery sizes.  It just doesn't make any sense.  I expect to see a 16 GB and 32 GB both with a 2300 maH battery.

• Like 1

Assuming this is available via Google Play Store, can you use Google Play gift cards to purchase?

I've got nearly $100 in gift cards I would love to put towards the N5

Sent from me phone

Should be able to.

EDIT - I stand corrected.

This looks more and more tempting. We'll see how the reviews fair against the G2 on the Sprint network in terms of RF performance.

How has the G2 performed rf wise on sprint? (And others if that is known too)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

How has the G2 performed rf wise on sprint? (And others if that is known too)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

No one really knows - there's been people that have it already that claim it's pretty good but they didn't check any debug screen or signal values compared to other devices.  So, until that happens we're clueless.

Can Google just announce this phone already. Might as well just put it up since we basically know all the specs and information.

I'll be throwing my money at the screen in the meantime, hoping something happens.

-Luis

They're doing a good job hyping it up without even spending any budget on advertising.  I bet it's a good feeling when you have a large community of fans that are so eager for your product and know everything about it without even saying a word.

• Like 2

They're doing a good job hyping it up without even spending any budget on advertising.  I bet it's a good feeling when you have a large community of fans that are so eager for your product and know everything about it without even saying a word.

I've been wondering if google has been doing an 'opposite-of-apple' campaign and leaking info themselves to get everyone into a frenzy and all the free press.

I've been wondering if google has been doing an 'opposite-of-apple' campaign and leaking info themselves to get everyone into a frenzy and all the free press.

They've definitely got the development and nerd community worked up.  They'll have to invest a bit into marketing for the average user, though.  But I prefer the way Google's doing it and it's actually funny that KitKat has given them as much publicity as they have, for a "no-money involved" agreement between the two. 

They've definitely got the development and nerd community worked up.  They'll have to invest a bit into marketing for the average user, though.  But I prefer the way Google's doing it and it's actually funny that KitKat has given them as much publicity as they have, for a "no-money involved" agreement between the two. 

It's worked in favor of KitKat. I've had two in the past two weeks, and considering it's been probably a good 2+ years since I've had a KitKat, it's definitey working.

But yes, that is a lot of free publicity for Google in this deal. The benefits go both ways, IMO.

-Luis

Yeah I bought at least a dozen kitkats in the last 2 weeks. Racking up the Google play credits.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I want google monies. I haven't found a single one that gives you google play credit. Where have you been finding yours?

-Luis

I want google monies. I haven't found a single one that gives you google play credit. Where have you been finding yours?

-Luis

I've seen the specially marked android ones in walgreens and 711. The prizes were front loaded though. So many winners last week. This week very few.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Judging by the link that showed up when hovering over the Nexus 5 (https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb) it looks like it might come in black and another color (white?) as an option.

Just posting some speculation as color doesn't appear in either the Nexus 4's, 7's, or 10's URLs.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/18/retail-packaging-of-nexus-5-leaks-white-variant-too/

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

• Like 1