Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

On the other side of the coin, the less local storage provided on a phone, the more likely streaming data is going to be used.

No, thank you.  If I am going to buy a Nexus 5, I want the less expensive 16 GB variant.  Even 8 GB would be fine and dandy to save another $50.  I have lots of money for devices.  But I do not carry around GBs of games and "Breaking Bad" pop culture crap, so let me save that $50 or $100 and donate it to a high minded cause -- S4GRU.

AJ

Who says they have to increase the price in my proposal?  I would say that the 32 GB would be sold at $299 while a 64 GB variant would be a $349 or $399 deal. 

But then again even a 16 GB Nexus 5 is at $299 is at a bargain price so I don't see Google changing this.

We have any Sprint employees around that can let us know if they've received anything, ie marketing to display in store?

I remember the week before the iphone 5s was released some employees reported boxes of marketing from Apple they couldn't open until a certain date.

Any chance something like this happening?

Sent from me phone

We have any Sprint employees around that can let us know if they've received anything, ie marketing to display in store?

I remember the week before the iphone 5s was released some employees reported boxes of marketing from Apple they couldn't open until a certain date.

Sent from me phone

Who knows if the Nexus 5 will be sold in stores rather than just through a Google Play exclusive.  We will have to find out when Google officially announces it.  I hope Sprint sells the Nexus 5 in stores so that I can play with it.

I just want this phone to finally be a really open phone that I can buy from Google Play and use on an MVNO. Heck, I'd be okay ordering it through an MVNO provided it didn't have a markup.

• Like 1

Sent from me phone

Nothing at our store. I haven't heard a single thing about it besides reading on here.

No, thank you. If I am going to buy a Nexus 5, I want the less expensive 16 GB variant. Even 8 GB would be fine and dandy to save another $50. I have lots of money for devices. But I do not carry around GBs of games and "Breaking Bad" pop culture crap, so let me save that $50 or $100 and donate it to a high minded cause -- S4GRU.

AJ

I would agree with you except for one thing. Photos. I like having pictures on my phone and I take a lot of pictures. I don't want my pictures only in the cloud, I want them on the phone. With bigger file sizes on pictures more storage space is necessary, at least for me.

Ya I'm not sure if I'll go 16 or 32gb. My music is cloud based and I do take pics, but not a ton. Don't do videos much, game rarely, don't store movies.

So I could get away with a 16, but 32 for plenty of storage would be great.

Sent from me phone

No, thank you.  If I am going to buy a Nexus 5, I want the less expensive 16 GB variant.  Even 8 GB would be fine and dandy to save another $50.  I have lots of money for devices.  But I do not carry around GBs of games and "Breaking Bad" pop culture crap, so let me save that $50 or $100 and donate it to a high minded cause -- S4GRU.

AJ

That wouldn't make any sense.  The difference between 8GB and 16GB costs the phone maker what, $2 or $3?  They don't make smaller versions so they can price them down - they make bigger versions (relative to the smaller offering) so they can price those up.  Releasing a 8GB model instead of a 16GB model would not even factor into the price point they choose for the base model, the cost is so insignificant.  The decision between 16 and 32 would probably be based almost solely on what the competitors are offering. 

How likely is this Oct 15 release? This is the first time I'm following closely a Nexus phone release but if Oct 15th is when Google plans to unveil it, wouldn't they have already mentioned this event?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

How likely is this Oct 15 release? This is the first time I'm following closely a Nexus phone release but if Oct 15th is when Google plans to unveil it, wouldn't they have already mentioned this event?

Last year they announced it by doing a pre-recorded interview with The Verge. Granted they were supposed to have a big event in New York and it got cancelled because of the hurricane. But who knows. They very likely could do something on the 15th.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I do not see Tuesday happening as a release day. More likely to be an announcement day, but even that would surprise me.

Also, the Verge has been uncharacteristically quiet regarding Nexus rumors for a couple weeks, which makes me think they're under an NDA.

I do not see Tuesday happening as a release day. More likely to be an announcement day, but even that would surprise me.

Also, the Verge has been uncharacteristically quiet regarding Nexus rumors for a couple weeks, which makes me think they're under a NDA.

I don't expect Oct 15th to be a release day but it still could be announcement day.

Also, the Verge has been uncharacteristically quiet regarding Nexus rumors for a couple weeks, which makes me think they're under a NDA.

Ya I've been thinking that too.

Right which is why I think the Nexus 5 base model will be at least 16 GB.  IMO the base model should be 32 GB with an optional 64 GB especially since SD cards are never going to come into play.

That's what I would like as well no 16 or 8gb. Well google play has alot of music on all access so I'll most likely be fine with the 32gb

You guys are forgetting pictures can super easily be transferred to an external storage device such as a PC or external hard drive. Music on the other hand depending on how big a music buff you are and if you are anti-cloud services since google gives a certain amount for free for you to upload.

You guys are forgetting pictures can super easily be transferred to an external storage device such as a PC or external hard drive. Music on the other hand depending on how big a music buff you are and if you are anti-cloud services since google gives a certain amount for free for you to upload.

Streaming music is not an option do to data speeds in my area.

Streaming music is not an option do to data speeds in my area.

Sadly I know what you mean......everywhere I go I have bad data speeds but during my travel time I experience spotty 4g which isn't stable yet.

English translation of the original:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttoandroid.net%2Fandroid%2Fnexus-5-ed-android-4-4-kitkat-foto-dellinterfaccia-e-prime-impressioni-148548%2F&act=url

For those that don't want to read through the mangled translation, it looks like there are some changes in KitKat/KLP:

• Lockscreen can quick-launch to the camera and may have additional functionality.
  • Transparent status/notification bar?
  • App Drawer is pretty different; lots of new logos. Other minor UI changes throughout.
  • Google Now voice search seems to be more integrated - apparently you can say "OK Google" from the homescreen - possibly even more, like the Moto X.
  • Hangouts appears to be integrating SMS (and earlier rumors indicated MMS).
  • Location settings seems to give more info and possibly be more customizable.

As for the phone itself...

• Screen seems improved over the Nexus 4 - the tipster says it's as good as the GS4 and HTC One.
  • Two speakers.
  • Solid image stabilization.

English translation of the original:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttoandroid.net%2Fandroid%2Fnexus-5-ed-android-4-4-kitkat-foto-dellinterfaccia-e-prime-impressioni-148548%2F&act=url

For those that don't want to read through the mangled translation, it looks like there are some changes in KitKat/KLP:

• Lockscreen can quick-launch to the camera and may have additional functionality.
  • Transparent status/notification bar?
  • App Drawer is pretty different; lots of new logos. Other minor UI changes throughout.
  • Google Now voice search seems to be more integrated - apparently you can say "OK Google" from the homescreen - possibly even more, like the Moto X.
  • Hangouts appears to be integrating SMS (and earlier rumors indicated MMS).
  • Screen seems improved over the Nexus 4 - the tipster says it's as good as the GS4 and HTC One.
  • Two speakers.
  • Solid image stabilization.
  • Location settings seems to give more info and possibly be more customizable.

Hmmm I like that they mentioned the speakers were pretty good. It's my favorite features from my One.

Really excited for this phone to be announced.

-Luis

• Like 1