Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Wow group- I posted on here in 2013 inquiring about sprint LTE coming to CLE. Worked moved me out of town- but I was looking at coverage maps last night and wow- did sprint ever bring LTE to town? There website doesn't indicate so.

Wow group- I posted on here in 2013 inquiring about sprint LTE coming to CLE. Worked moved me out of town- but I was looking at coverage maps last night and wow- did sprint ever bring LTE to town? There website doesn't indicate so.

Their website said so until someone screwed up and put up a coverage map that's a few months old. Sprint aggressively tackled the market back in May. Welcome Back! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd post this being that this is just north of Cleveland and that this is the fastest speed test I've ever ran on LTE. This is B41 BTW. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1413396860.374233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

North of Cleveland... Oh so you are in the lake? Lol

• 2 weeks later...

So sprint announced Spark in the Cleveland area, and their coverage map shows the entire Cleveland coastline, as spark activated.. does this mean that sprint has turned on the 800mhz lte?

So sprint announced Spark in the Cleveland area, and their coverage map shows the entire Cleveland coastline, as spark activated.. does this mean that sprint has turned on the 800mhz lte?

No.  :-)

They say Tri band. And I believe 1.9 and 2.5 equal dual band. Right?

You are correct.  I'm in Cleveland and I have yet to see LTE on band 26.

So yes, sounds like more Sprint confusion.

They're probably more concerned about the higher capacity B41 which is gradually being rolled out market-wide. I have been tracking individual sites myself...We'll eventually get B26 whenever the IBEZ issues get resolved.

• Like 1

The spark zones are grossly exaggerated right now...I'm technically within the Warren/Youngstown boundary and the nearest site doesn't even have B41 installed, an adjacent site isn't turned on yet and a bunch more that are on need to be tuned and optomized with the network because the coverage sucks.

Did they ever say Spark meant LTE 800 was included?

This is directly from sprint's press release about spark

How Sprint Spark Works

Sprint Spark combines 4G FDD-LTE at 800 Megahertz (MHz) and 1.9 Gigahertz (GHz) and TDD-LTE at 2.5GHz spectrum. Sprint Spark’s spectrum assets, technology and architecture are designed to deliver a seamless customer experience via tri-band wireless devices. Tri-band devices, named for their ability to accommodate multiple spectrum bands, support active hand-off mode between 800MHz, 1.9GHz and 2.5GHz, providing data session continuity as the device moves between spectrum bands.

• Like 1

I don't think we technicality fit the definition yet ;) By the way, I'm finding more sites with an additional B25 carrier (found 2 just today), so you folks with monoband phones will also see some performance improvement with the 2nd B25 carrier that increases capacity.

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled  61.65d/14.64u (B41) on 480 near the brookpark tower yesterday on my Nexus 5. :-)

• Like 1

I pulled  61.65d/14.64u (B41) on 480 near the brookpark tower yesterday on my Nexus 5. :-)

Speaking of which, we are officially tracking the progress of the B26/41 roll out with a new shiny spreadsheet and map. :tu:

Hey folks in the Cleveland thread...I live in Maryland but have good friends that live in Ashtabula County (Rome/Orwell area). Anyone have any clue as to what Sprint is like in and around this area?

Looking at getting them on the last two slots on my Framily plan. They have Verizon right now...but have a Droid (original, 3G only) and a Droid Bionic on an OLD unlimited data plan. They can't upgrade the Droid because it doesn't have a LTE SIM card, and Verizon won't activate a new one for them unless they change their plan. Unlimited is important to them since they don't have Internet at home (not tethering, just phone usage).

Spark areas on Sprint coverage maps ONLY means B41 has been deployed. It does not include Band 26.

Sprint has released several things where they talk about the fact that their new Spark network includes up to three bands and says it in a very confusing way...as if Spark only exists when all three bands are present. And that's false.

Spark is only Band 41. And Band 26 is also apart of the Spark network, when and where it is deployed. But Band 26 is not required for a Spark launch. Just Band 41.

• Like 2

Yeah, I REALLY wish they would have explained that better.  Also, only show the spark logo on the phone when they are in a Spark launched market.  :-) 

It's all about customer perception and the customer understanding!