Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Thanks, i'm gonna have to check it out, I was nearing cleveland's west side coming on 90 from westlake and i had about 49 steps of 4glte this morning, gone now though so i'm wondering if they were testing towers or not.  Can't seem to find any LTE around the 3g is so bad around here.

Anything going on around the Avon, Avon Lake area? It took awhile to make a call today and not seeing any 3g on my phone now... I used to before now its 1x.

Had the same issue today, I was in the Avon Commons could barely use data or what not and had 1x several times. Isn't just you.

Sadly i can't deal with this so i'm taking my phone back and closing service until 4g is stable around this area.  3g is just so bogged its not even worth it:(.

Edited by blizz127

Hopefully some Akron/cuyahoga falls gets some love soon. Only 1 tower has been upgraded so far that I can tell. Exciting stuff never the less.

Would be even more exciting if it was closer to us! I can't wait for akron/Cuyahoga falls/ stow/ Kent starts to light up! Come on sprint!

Had the same issue today, I was in the Avon Commons could barely use data or what not and had 1x several times. Isn't just you.

Sadly i can't deal with this so i'm taking my phone back and closing service until 4g is stable around this area.  3g is just so bogged its not even worth it:(.

Glad its not only me I think they are working in the area or something... I work at that Starbucks right across from there haha!

Also does anyone know what app to use on and iPhone? I have then Sensorly and everything but I want more. Anyone have any ideas? 

Glad its not only me I think they are working in the area or something... I work at that Starbucks right across from there haha!

Also does anyone know what app to use on and iPhone? I have then Sensorly and everything but I want more. Anyone have any ideas? 

Dude it's so funny you say th as t because I was at peets right across from Starbucks lol.  Maybe they are I dunno. Driving me insane though lol.  Not sure about anything g besides sensorly and opensignal.not sure if opensignal is on iphone though.

Avon commons has never really had any data speeds worth a darn, and forget making a phone call when you are in costco or target!!!  I live just east of Stearns off of Lorain in north olmsted.  Was told the signal AND data were great where I live.  I have found that NOT to be the case AT ALL.  I have been told that I am on the outskirts of 3 different towers.  Is NV, if and when it gets rolled out in my home area, going to help me to make a phone call when I'm out of range of my Airave in my development?  It's driving me nuts!  Thanks!

Avon commons has never really had any data speeds worth a darn, and forget making a phone call when you are in costco or target!!!  I live just east of Stearns off of Lorain in north olmsted.  Was told the signal AND data were great where I live.  I have found that NOT to be the case AT ALL.  I have been told that I am on the outskirts of 3 different towers.  Is NV, if and when it gets rolled out in my home area, going to help me to make a phone call when I'm out of range of my Airave in my development?  It's driving me nuts!  Thanks!

Avon Commons is in the middle of the cell edge of 4 towers, Sprint needs to put a cell site on the water tower in that area to fill the gap.

For your area specifically it could be a capacity issue. I've never really had any issues in that/your area.

Avon Commons is in the middle of the cell edge of 4 towers, Sprint needs to put a cell site on the water tower in that area to fill the gap.

For your area specifically it could be a capacity issue. I've never really had any issues in that/your area.

I live there and have had service for almost 2 years.  BELIEVE me when I say there is no data and you're lucky to get a call in our development and on Lorain from Stearns to Mackenzie.  My wife and i both have 4s' and neither pulls data or a signal.  I hope hope hope once NV gets turned up that it's fixed.  I had ATT and had 5 bars in my house.

• Like 1

Can anything be expected soon for the beachwood area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing 12 weeks for the market to be completed. I believe someone (An Ericsson technician.) once told me that November 18th is going to be the launch date for the Cleveland market.

I'm guessing 12 weeks for the market to be completed. I believe someone (An Ericsson technician.) once told me that November 18th is going to be the launch date for the Cleveland market.

Ha ha, I HIGHLY doubt that.  There is barely LTE available anywhere in the Cleveland market.

Ha ha, I HIGHLY doubt that. There is barely LTE available anywhere in the Cleveland market.

They may be planning a cluster launch like they've done in other areas.

Ha ha, I HIGHLY doubt that.  There is barely LTE available anywhere in the Cleveland market.

They may be planning a cluster launch like they've done in other areas.

They are planning a cluster launch.

The reason everything came to a screaming halt in the cities is (it would seem) because of the Tri-Band ("Spark") issue where devices have extreme issues where the previous equipment vendor is different than the new vendor.  In Cleveland's case, we already knew this was an issue for voice handoffs due to the incompatibility between the legacy Motorola equipment and the NV Samsung equipment. 

Now it appears that Spark devices cannot talk to a site that is using Samsung equipment for LTE, but legacy for Voice, so any LTE coverage that was there disappears again. 

Samsung has been gearing up to do cluster 3G launches to take care of both of these problems. When Samsung launches a cluster, they will do the 3G integrations for all the sites at once, and if LTE is ready, it will come along for the ride. 

Unfortunately, we do not know when this is going to happen. 

See this post: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5001-tri-band-lteecsfb-issues-thread/page-3&do=findComment&comment=235876

For a better explanation on why Spark devices are having LTE issues, and why Samsung is going to be doing these cluster launches.

• Like 1

Yup just got an N5 and it's useless on any of the LTE towers in the Cleveland area. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yup just got an N5 and it's useless on any of the LTE towers in the Cleveland area. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I also have the Nexus 5, I haven't gotten to test it thoroughly but it seems like it connects to LTE just fine. I'll have to drive out to a site and check out connectivity real quick.

I also have the Nexus 5, I haven't gotten to test it thoroughly but it seems like it connects to LTE just fine. I'll have to drive out to a site and check out connectivity real quick.

I just drove to work for the first time with my N5 and sadly NO LTE the entire way, and the towers I hit which have LTE are Olmsted Township, Lindale, Brooklyn Heights (Brookpark Road) and Northfield... Galaxy tab 3 connected to every one, and sadly, N5 Connected to NONE!..  I Hate non-incumbent market :-(