Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Yea it's pretty rough and almost unusable during the prime hours of the day. But the good news is, I was in Bainbridge around the 4g area located on sensorly. I snagged 28 down and 7 up

Didnt someone say a site was upgraded near the university of akron

parking. Has anyone confirmed this?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Didnt someone say a site was upgraded near the university of akron

parking. Has anyone confirmed this?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I've been to Akron a lot recently, and near the parking. I noticed I needed to update my profile to snag 4g in Bainbridge by 422 . I did not grab 4g in Akron around any of the campus. Next time I go up there I will test it again and see if I snag some

Today I was able to receive LTE on the 21st floor of the Cuyahoga COunty Justice Center and I received Sprint 800 SMR in the basement of the old Courthouse.  Whats odd is that the 800 MHZ showed up as roaming but signal check showed the tower as Sprint.

LTE:

1275 Ontario Street, Cleveland Tower

RSRP: -113 dBm (12asu)

RSRQ: -7 dB, SNR: 11.6 dB

Carrier: Sprint (310120)

-70 dBm 1xRTT

(Did not have time to run a speed test as I was getting on an elevator)

1x 800:

Connected to: 1xRTT 800

Carrier: Sprint

RSSI: -100 dBm, Ec/lo: -29.0 dB

Now tower information provided

(For some reason this network showed as roaming, could this be due to the fact that I am on PRL 16016?)

For the first time in years I received usable signal in the elevators of the Justice Center.  Additionally, I received signal in the tunnel between the Justice Center and old courthouse and in the basement of the old courthouse which I have never received before.  When i say usable I mean around -100 dB give or take.  I can only hope this improves a bit more.  I will attempt to speed test LTE tomorrow if I can capture the signal again when I am over there.  As I stated I captured LTE on the 21st floor and kept it a few floors down in the elevator.  On the first floor I could not receive any LTE signal at all.  Does anyone have any information of what is going on downtown or when the full LTE signal may go live?

I am currently on a Note 3.  Does anyone have any idea if I switch to the LG G2 if the antena (in addition to being tri-band) will be as strong or stronger than the Note 3.  This phone has the best phone and Wifi antenas by far of any sprint phone I have had.

Got excited because I saw some new LTE right in my neighborhood..

Jumped in my car with LTE only, Signal Check Pro and Sensorly running, and drove around for what seemed like an hour trying to pick up the new signal.. I didn't get any..

vcst0T9.jpg

Then I came home, flustered, and looked at the map one more time.. zoomed in a bit, and then realized that the new LTE i was seeing was following the line of 350kv towers running through my neighborhood...  Darn Ohio edison guy flying the helicopter which flies up and down the line checking them must have had Sensorly running on his phone, and picked up either the Sheffield Tower or the Olmsted Township tower...  So there is signal in my neighborhood. You just gotta climb to the top of a 350,000 volt electrical tower to get it.

Today I was able to receive LTE on the 21st floor of the Cuyahoga COunty Justice Center and I received Sprint 800 SMR in the basement of the old Courthouse.  Whats odd is that the 800 MHZ showed up as roaming but signal check showed the tower as Sprint.

LTE:

1275 Ontario Street, Cleveland Tower

RSRP: -113 dBm (12asu)

RSRQ: -7 dB, SNR: 11.6 dB

Carrier: Sprint (310120)

-70 dBm 1xRTT

(Did not have time to run a speed test as I was getting on an elevator)

1x 800:

Connected to: 1xRTT 800

Carrier: Sprint

RSSI: -100 dBm, Ec/lo: -29.0 dB

Now tower information provided

(For some reason this network showed as roaming, could this be due to the fact that I am on PRL 16016?)

For the first time in years I received usable signal in the elevators of the Justice Center.  Additionally, I received signal in the tunnel between the Justice Center and old courthouse and in the basement of the old courthouse which I have never received before.  When i say usable I mean around -100 dB give or take.  I can only hope this improves a bit more.  I will attempt to speed test LTE tomorrow if I can capture the signal again when I am over there.  As I stated I captured LTE on the 21st floor and kept it a few floors down in the elevator.  On the first floor I could not receive any LTE signal at all.  Does anyone have any information of what is going on downtown or when the full LTE signal may go live?

I am currently on a Note 3.  Does anyone have any idea if I switch to the LG G2 if the antena (in addition to being tri-band) will be as strong or stronger than the Note 3.  This phone has the best phone and Wifi antenas by far of any sprint phone I have had.

I've seen the roaming thing when they were testing the Lindale LTE tower..  Had 4g, showed the Lindale Sector ID (didn't know it at the time), and roaming.. the Next day, show 4G, the Lindale sector ID (which I know this now) and not roaming.    I don't know if is called the sector ID, but it is a Hex number which signal check pro shows when connected to LTE...

Got excited because I saw some new LTE right in my neighborhood..

Jumped in my car with LTE only, Signal Check Pro and Sensorly running, and drove around for what seemed like an hour trying to pick up the new signal.. I didn't get any..

vcst0T9.jpg

Then I came home, flustered, and looked at the map one more time.. zoomed in a bit, and then realized that the new LTE i was seeing was following the line of 350kv towers running through my neighborhood...  Darn Ohio edison guy flying the helicopter which flies up and down the line checking them must have had Sensorly running on his phone, and picked up either the Sheffield Tower or the Olmsted Township tower...  So there is signal in my neighborhood. You just gotta climb to the top of a 350,000 volt electrical tower to get it.

I seem to be having the same issues of only connecting when high up.  Is this due to the fact that Sprint just has the signal power turned way down currently or due to buildings blocking a further away signal?  While I was high when I received LTE the last 2 days I did not receive the signal earlier in the week or prior.  I wonder what tower went live or received a signal strength bump.

I seem to be having the same issues of only connecting when high up. Is this due to the fact that Sprint just has the signal power turned way down currently or due to buildings blocking a further away signal? While I was high when I received LTE the last 2 days I did not receive the signal earlier in the week or prior. I wonder what tower went live or received a signal strength bump.

It's because they have the antennas tilted upward or straight out instead of towards the ground at customers for whatever reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I've been to Akron a lot recently, and near the parking. I noticed I needed to update my profile to snag 4g in Bainbridge by 422 . I did not grab 4g in Akron around any of the campus. Next time I go up there I will test it again and see if I snag some

Looks like perhaps the tower on Haskins Road has been lit up with 4G...

I'm hoping for something around the westlake area, nothing in avon to the west side of cleveland (a bit past lakewood) only 3g and its terrible.  I'm debating keeping my sprint or going back to t-mobile, I hadn't realized that 4g was non existent currently, especially in the areas I am lol.

I'm hoping for something around the westlake area, nothing in avon to the west side of cleveland (a bit past lakewood) only 3g and its terrible.  I'm debating keeping my sprint or going back to t-mobile, I hadn't realized that 4g was non existent currently, especially in the areas I am lol.

Sprint is really pushing site installs right now, however it will be a few more weeks at least before we start to see LTE activations ramp up. You are only a few months away from a very nice LTE network. If you can hold out that long, I think you will be happy. If not, no one will blame you for going back to T-Mobile for a time. But in less than 6 months, Sprint will have a much better network than T-Mobile.

Oh, also, Welcome to S4GRU!

:welc:

Sprint is really pushing site installs right now, however it will be a few more weeks at least before we start to see LTE activations ramp up. You are only a few months away from a very nice LTE network. If you can hold out that long, I think you will be happy. If not, no one will blame you for going back to T-Mobile for a time. But in less than 6 months, Sprint will have a much better network than T-Mobile.

Oh, also, Welcome to S4GRU!

:welc:

Why, thanks! :D.  Yea i'm deciding, t-mo outside the area i'm in really doesn't have much LTE but it is nice LTE network, i generally tether when i'm out so that is a big thing.  But I will be giving this a shot for a week or so I think, I really did a large amount of reading in response to this and I really like teh community sprint has behind it (this one for sure).  it's great.  I might be able to hold out, there are a few LTE towers coming up around my area but data is just a huge point for me more than anything else. 

Why, thanks! :D.  Yea i'm deciding, t-mo outside the area i'm in really doesn't have much LTE but it is nice LTE network, i generally tether when i'm out so that is a big thing.  But I will be giving this a shot for a week or so I think, I really did a large amount of reading in response to this and I really like teh community sprint has behind it (this one for sure).  it's great.  I might be able to hold out, there are a few LTE towers coming up around my area but data is just a huge point for me more than anything else.

If data is really important right now, Sprint may not fit your needs. However, if you are willing to switch up to a LG G2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Mega, HTC ONE max, or wait for the re-freshed version of the GS4 (tri-band devices) I would do so. LTE on 25/2600Mhz, also called TD-LTE, is already live in more places than Sprint's PCS LTE network. Clear's TD-LTE is also capable of faster speeds than Sprint's current LTE network. These devices would give you access to that LTE network, as well as Sprint's current network.

If data is really important right now, Sprint may not fit your needs. However, if you are willing to switch up to a LG G2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Mega, HTC ONE max, or wait for the re-freshed version of the GS4 (tri-band devices) I would do so. LTE on 25/2600Mhz, also called TD-LTE, is already live in more places than Sprint's PCS LTE network. Clear's TD-LTE is also capable of faster speeds than Sprint's current LTE network. These devices would give you access to that LTE network, as well as Sprint's current network.

That is a great idea, the triband phones i could still have sprint service but run off clear's TD-LTE Data? I don't see those phones available but i do see the LG G2 for verizon, could i use an unlocked version of that with sprint? Oh and a coverage map for the LTE network, there is pretty good wimax coverage around me but i'm following the map on clear's site and I am not sure if that is what i should be following.  I just saw the Note 3 isn't triband.

That is a great idea, the triband phones i could still have sprint service but run off clear's TD-LTE Data? I don't see those phones available but i do see the LG G2 for verizon, could i use an unlocked version of that with sprint? Oh and a coverage map for the LTE network, there is pretty good wimax coverage around me but i'm following the map on clear's site and I am not sure if that is what i should be following.  I just saw the Note 3 isn't triband.

Ha, lots of questions! 

The LG G2 is available for pre-order right now. The other are expect to be available in the next week or two. The Nexus 5 as early as tomorrow or Thursday. 

Sprint fully own's Clear now, so Clear's TD-LTE network is technically Sprint, but Clear is still managing the TD-LTE rollout until next Sprint. 

All new Sprint LTE devices from here on out will be Tri-Band devices, which will utilize 800MHz LTE (SMR), 1900MHz LTE (PCS) and 25/2600MHz LTE (TD-LTE). So yes, you can use the TD-LTE network and Sprint's network at the same time. 

Clear's WiMax maps are a pretty good approximation of what the TD-LTE network will look like soon.

And yeah, unfortunately, the Note 3 is not a Tri-Band device. 

• Like 1

Ha, lots of questions! 

The LG G2 is available for pre-order right now. The other are expect to be available in the next week or two. The Nexus 5 as early as tomorrow or Thursday. 

Sprint fully own's Clear now, so Clear's TD-LTE network is technically Sprint, but Clear is still managing the TD-LTE rollout until next Sprint. 

All new Sprint LTE devices from here on out will be Tri-Band devices, which will utilize 800MHz LTE (SMR), 1900MHz LTE (PCS) and 25/2600MHz LTE (TD-LTE). So yes, you can use the TD-LTE network and Sprint's network at the same time. 

Clear's WiMax maps are a pretty good approximation of what the TD-LTE network will look like soon.

And yeah, unfortunately, the Note 3 is not a Tri-Band device. 

Thanks so much! I'll look into the nexus 5 then, i' dbe happy as long as i can get some type of 4g speed because the 3g is terrible.  Not sure about just unlocking an LG G2 though couldn't find a straight answer.

Thanks so much! I'll look into the nexus 5 then, i' dbe happy as long as i can get some type of 4g speed because the 3g is terrible.  Not sure about just unlocking an LG G2 though couldn't find a straight answer.

Oh, no you can't bring a G2 from Verizon to Sprint. Unfortunately, CDMA phones don't work like that.

I surrendered to the lure of a Note 3 on another carrier yesterday morning. I went to update my twitter feed and, as usual, Sprint service took about 2 minutes for a signal to catch and actually load data and that was enough. I remembered being able to stream episodes of Quantum Leap on my old carriers 3G network on my LG Dare over 5 years ago and it put things into perspective, it's time for results.

Best of luck fellas!

• Like 1