Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

So, I was driving down Pearl (in Parma, near the Snow Rd intersection) this morning, on my way to work, when I saw these going in on top of a building.

Any ideas?  Could they be some Sprint LTE goodness?

IMG_20131112_075523_circ.jpg

Edited by QMaverick

Not 100% sure but I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken there should be two other panels associated with each if those panels. They would be the same height but thinner. I could be wrong tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were lifting pieces and parts up as I went past this morning--I'll try to snag another picture on my way home to see if there are any accompanying panels.

are these sprint? Mayfield road behind Sam Ash plaza.

If so any chance it could reach Beachwood mall where Sprint service is basically non-existent.  Either way I will now be spending some additional time at my favorite local Skyline Chili.  4-Way, coney and unlimited LTE goodness.  Dare I say Sunday ticket and chili?

Edited by eml626

If so any chance it could reach Beachwood mall where Sprint service is basically non-existent.

Haha, I know! I'm just leaving beachwood mall & I couldn't even access this forum smh. I need towers near Case Western Reserve to be active soon.

Haha, I know! I'm just leaving beachwood mall & I couldn't even access this forum smh. I need towers near Case Western Reserve to be active soon.

Could be coming soon.  I did receive LTE on the upper floors on the Juv. Justice Center a number of times and that is not to far off.

So, I was driving down Pearl (in Parma, near the Snow Rd intersection) this morning, on my way to work, when I saw these going in on top of a building.

Any ideas? Could they be some Sprint LTE goodness?

Those look more like T-Mobile antennas and RRUs than the Samsung equip. Sprint is installing here. I've gotten excited twice by the same thing, only upon closer examination to find it's all T-Mobile. They're rapidly deploying LTE equip throughout Cleveland as well. If you can get a closer pic and post it may be easier to tell.

One "simple" question...once NV/LTE is turned up and going, will the towers have longer range?  I've been told our development is on the outskirts of three different towers and would love to know if the new technology is going to afford our area phone and data.  Thanks for the help!

One "simple" question...once NV/LTE is turned up and going, will the towers have longer range? I've been told our development is on the outskirts of three different towers and would love to know if the new technology is going to afford our area phone and data. Thanks for the help!

do you know which three towers or their locations?

One "simple" question...once NV/LTE is turned up and going, will the towers have longer range? I've been told our development is on the outskirts of three different towers and would love to know if the new technology is going to afford our area phone and data. Thanks for the help!

Theoretically yes but there are a lot of factors that go into it. Unfortunately we are located in the IBEZ zone so although we will have 800 voice and eventually 800 LTE, until they work out an agreement with Canada it will most likely be an under powered version. 800 is where we will get more coverage. Other factors include geography, buildings, antenna angle and some other things so the short answer is who knows! As far as data goes once Cleveland is launched as a spark market I think we will be fine.

Theoretically yes but there are a lot of factors that go into it. Unfortunately we are located in the IBEZ zone so although we will have 800 voice and eventually 800 LTE, until they work out an agreement with Canada it will most likely be an under powered version. 800 is where we will get more coverage. Other factors include geography, buildings, antenna angle and some other things so the short answer is who knows! As far as data goes once Cleveland is launched as a spark market I think we will be fine.

Although you will also have to own a phone that takes full advantage of NV.

Thanks for the info guys.  I don't know which towers, but I know one is on Cook Rd in Olmsted Township.

The CSR's told me (of course) that NV would help my signal, but I'm sure they don't know.

Right now I have an iPhone 4s, but would like to be able to just make a call in my neighborhood.  Streaming some radio while I walk around the hood is, I fear, a pipe dream but who knows?

Thanks for the info guys. I don't know which towers, but I know one is on Cook Rd in Olmsted Township.

The CSR's told me (of course) that NV would help my signal, but I'm sure they don't know.

Right now I have an iPhone 4s, but would like to be able to just make a call in my neighborhood. Streaming some radio while I walk around the hood is, I fear, a pipe dream but who knows?

Well It would help if you have an 800 voice capable phone like a 5 or 5s. I don't think a 4s is capable. It will be better I know that for a fact. I live near an LTE active tower which is not on the NV complete map. Before the upgrade I would get three bars for voice and now it's five. I haven't checked to see if it's 800 but I'm sure it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys.  I don't know which towers, but I know one is on Cook Rd in Olmsted Township.

Right now I have an iPhone 4s, but would like to be able to just make a call in my neighborhood.  Streaming some radio while I walk around the hood is, I fear, a pipe dream but who knows?

I saw your earlier post. Looks like we live in the same area of North Olmsted. I'm near Southern and Mackenzie. I have a great signal through most of the area until I get in my neighborhood then it drops.

I just switched phones from a Galaxy Nexus to the Nexus 5. On the Galaxy Nexus I was able to connect to the tower on Cook and get an LTE signal sporadically at my house. The Nexus 5 won't connect to LTE but that's another subject in another thread. 

If you notice that rectangle mapped out at the home depot around the parking lot, I was the one that mapped that out a few months ago, not to mention a big chunk of that area.  It's nice to shop in the area with reliable speeds to research and compare, Sam's Club, Walmart, Home Depot, etc...  I will admit this is probably the nicest useful LTE spot in Cleveland so far.  My friend was picking up 33Mbps, also on Sprint LTE, while I was mapping it out on Sensorly.  

On another somewhat related note the same friend did pick up Sprint LTE on Royalton Rd, by Strongsville and North Royalton but only a tiny bit got mapped out so if anyone else wants to map it out go for it.  I'm a little lazy until Sprint rapidly deploys in Cleveland and then I'll help out.  

If you notice that rectangle mapped out at the home depot around the parking lot, I was the one that mapped that out a few months ago, not to mention a big chunk of that area. It's nice to shop in the area with reliable speeds to research and compare, Sam's Club, Walmart, Home Depot, etc... I will admit this is probably the nicest useful LTE spot in Cleveland so far. My friend was picking up 33Mbps, also on Sprint LTE, while I was mapping it out on Sensorly.

On another somewhat related note the same friend did pick up Sprint LTE on Royalton Rd, by Strongsville and North Royalton but only a tiny bit got mapped out so if anyone else wants to map it out go for it. I'm a little lazy until Sprint rapidly deploys in Cleveland and then I'll help out.

the speeds were amazing! I wish I could help map stuff but I have an iphone :( I try to drive around and post where I caught it and where it stopped like last night. Drove to Parma, then Maple/Bedford then close to downtown.

If you haven't already already seen this thread, looks like Sprint is attempting to buy up Revol wireless' PCS spectrum in our area:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5042-sprint-to-buy-pcs-spectrum-from-revol-wireless/&do=findComment&comment=239523

Probably doesn't mean all that much now, but it would bulk up Sprints spectrum holdings in our area.

• Like 1

what is IBEZ that is referred to in this thread, and can anyone give a straight answer on lte.in NEO? there's talk of spark, tri band multiple vendors. we purchased SG3's at a pretty good deal but now it feels like we won't get lte until our next upgrade in June '15 ? ? ?