Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I was at the Vintage Ohio Wine Fest at Lake Farm Park in Kirtland and I was getting very spotty LTE there. I have an iPhone so I couldn't force LTE only and it kept switching to 3G. When I did get a bar of LTE I was getting 3Mb download speeds but it would switch to 3G before the upload test would complete.

Considering I've never seen 3Mb on 3G and I got that with a nearly nonexistent LTE signal I am very excited that it's getting closer to me!

Edited by solema

Anything for the beachwood shaker heights area yet? I still have an iPhone 4S so no 4G regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am able to pickup a signal from my 3rd floor office in Beachwood... you can see my purple circle on Sensorly..  23215 commerce Park..  Serving Cell is 08212A00... if anybody picks a strong signal from that cell, perhaps we can determine exactly where the tower is.  The signal appears to be strongest from the Northeast corner of the building,  I have no access to the south side of the building but as I move further away from the Northeast to more north, the signal goes from -108db to -130db...  I originally thought that I was picking up the Northfield tower, but that is south of me so perhaps I'm not...

According to Sensorly, there is actually some showing in Sheffield/Elyria.. of course, My service near my home sucks, and I'm a half mile from the area that shows LTE services... sigh...Same thing happened when I had a WiMAX phone.

According to Sensorly, there is actually some showing in Sheffield/Elyria.. of course, My service near my home sucks, and I'm a half mile from the area that shows LTE services... sigh...Same thing happened when I had a WiMAX phone.

Yup a couple of us have done a little sensorly mapping over there..  For some reason there isn't any signal north of the tower, but there is east, south and west of the tower.. Lol daughter was at a party on case road the other night and she texted me "something wrong with phone.. Says LTE instead of 3G". Lol
  • Like 2

I'm south of the college, Opposite side of Abbe.  I live on Alexander..and there is barely 3g there, and NOT A THING in my living room or elsewhere in the house..At least Sprint gave me the Air Rave 2.5 for free. I can pick up the signal for that halfway down the road..so usually I am only without signal for a minute or so while driving away from my house.

WOW!  I was 1 Mile from my house and I saw 31.63MB Down and 11.38MB UP... of course the signal dies off and I'm back on 3g by my house, but at least my 3g is better...

I HOPE they extend the LTE to cover MORE of  NE Ohio than they did with the WiMAX!

• Like 1

WOW!  I was 1 Mile from my house and I saw 31.63MB Down and 11.38MB UP... of course the signal dies off and I'm back on 3g by my house, but at least my 3g is better...

I HOPE they extend the LTE to cover MORE of  NE Ohio than they did with the WiMAX!

Already looking good. There will be LTE coverage there, no doubt.

My 4G logo just lit up in North Canton, Ohio. I live in Plain Township. Intersection of 55th and Market (Rt 44). 28 MB down and 12 up. Finally. I knew it had to be coming the last 6 weeks the cell tower would go offline at my home for a few hours at a time. I guess they were working on it. I have mapped it on Sensorly.

• Like 1

Getting some crazy distances.. I picked up the Northfield/Warrensville tower today for a few seconds at the Transportation Ave bridge! 

My 4G logo just lit up in North Canton, Ohio. I live in Plain Township. Intersection of 55th and Market (Rt 44). 28 MB down and 12 up. Finally. I knew it had to be coming the last 6 weeks the cell tower would go offline at my home for a few hours at a time. I guess they were working on it. I have mapped it on Sensorly.

my jaw almost dropped when i was over by the old  hoover company building a couple of nights ago and uploading a picture from my Note II to facebook and it was done in the blink of an eye. I was expecting for it to fail and for me to have to wait until i got home to do it from wifi as per usual. When i looked up at my status bar i saw 4g lit up  i was impressed. The signal didn't last very long though.  I don't think i even made it to italos before i lost it if i recall correctly.  Hopefully they can get 4g more widespread in the area soon. and fingers crossed it will reach to where i live in Greentown.  3g data on sprint is barely useable from my expirences. But i dealt with it for the longest time becasue i was on a 3rd party dealer plan and the price was right.  The new sero 500 premium plan i am on is not nearly as attractive and i don't want to pay $65-$70 a month and find myself struggling to even make a foursquare checkin when i am out and about. The worst part is my wife has Boost Mobile and her data works better than mine!  Now explain that one to me?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...

i was in the brookpark area and my 4g lte was working great but i get back on the eastside no 4g service so whats going on with that anyone have a idea of this b/s?

Simple, they can't turn it all on at the same time?  :-)

Be patient, it's actually spreading quickly, and there is some coverage on the east side (outside of down-town along 480).  I'm so close to it here at my office that I can almost taste it.

I with they'd hurry, but I'm sure they're not slacking off now because I see the signal spread just a little further weekly.

Looks like active LTE downtown Cleveland - shows on sensorly along Ontario between Superior and Carnegie....  Tower perhaps is located east of Ontario

I *think* the downtown tower is right smack in between the current and being constructed Interbelt bridge. I catch spotty 4g downtown currently and it's really really spot specific so I think there's only the one tower.

I *think* the downtown tower is right smack in between the current and being constructed Interbelt bridge. I catch spotty 4g downtown currently and it's really really spot specific so I think there's only the one tower.

I just mapped out quite a bit of the downtown LTE and while there is fairly obvious skyscraper interference, it's quite reliable on the veteran memorial bridge (W. Superior) and Carnegie bridges.  Unfortunately didn't pick it up near the flats below them though.  Even more unfortunately according to my speed tests it is still phantom lte (shows as lte but speed tests are still 3G based).   I used LTE Discovery app whenever 4g would go out so it would toggle airplane mode and find lte again where it then stops toggling and sensorly maps it out.

I just took a drive down 271 to the Northfield Rd exit, then drove north up Northfield with Sensorly running and my network set to LTE only. Picked up an LTE signal by the raceway, and held onto the signal until I hit the Northfield/Warrensville/Chagrin intersection.Unfortunately, that's still too far south and east to do me any good in my everyday travels, but at least there's LTE making its way close to my home. Progress is slow, but it's happening, little by little. I'm looking forward to the day when I can finally take full advantage of this phone without having to rely on Wi-Fi hotspots!

Yup its been up and running for a few weeks

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Yup its been up and running for a few weeks

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Sweet I didn't even know, I just started back in college thus previous Monday. I was like awesome, was considering switching to T-Mobile but now I'm having second thoughts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Any Lte development around the Kent area? I'm back to school and hardly getting .50 mbs down

Nothing in the immediate Kent area, but we're now in the middle of the roll out and are seeing upgrades and accepted towers in the Cleveland market almost daily. If you become a sponsor to this site you'll be blown away with the amount of info that's available - I would e a Verizon customer right now if it weren't for this site. Just be careful, if you have any interest in the wireless industry the info here can get addicting.

I wouldn't say sites are being accepted "daily" in the Cleveland market, but maybe a few a week is more like it.  :-)

It's going very slowly in my opinion.

I never said I wasn't frustrated, I was on a road trip this week and I now have to answer my phone with the message, "when I drop this call, I'll try you back in a few minutes". And that just the phone, data is a different story alltogether. That said, we are a third round NV Market and sites only began getting "accepted" about 60-90 days ago with 17% of our sites with some sort of NV acceptance. I know it seems slow, but we should really start seeing and experiencing the updates on a more regular basis.

And in regards to the "daily" vs weekly comment - I did say *almost* daily which is true, but 10 towers per week getting some type of upgrade is roughly what we've experienced so far.

• Like 1