Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I'm I Beachwood and ehrpd keeps going nuts buy when its connected its at 40db.. I've never seen a signal that good before...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm I Beachwood and ehrpd keeps going nuts buy when its connected its at 40db.. I've never seen a signal that good before...

New tower being turned on perhaps. Great news.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

My nexus 5 also keeps getting a blip of LTE... Probably because. 3g keeps flickering...

Well, after talking to a very helpful Sprint employee for a good hour it seems just about every tower in and around North Ridgeville is scheduled to go live within 3 months. This is according to Glance. I was also told that just about every cell site in the area will have 800MHz turned on when everything else goes live.

Does this include the Avon area? I really think they are working in this area. Even though I have an iPhone 5 it also gives me 1x now whenever I leave my house and calls have been taking a few more seconds to connect....

I have noticed the delay in connecting as well.

There is a lot of work being done all over NE Ohio. It's coming. Most likely in bunches. My understanding is that they will be activated in clusters of roughly 12 to 20. But who knows. Could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you know what it means when this happens: I work in Mayfield Heights (goldengate) and usually I always have a 4-5 bar 3G signal but recently it has been flickering from 1X to 3G off and on. Any idea what this means?

I had the same thing at my house. It lasted about three weeks. They were doing the upgrades to the tower. About 2 months later it went live with LTE so that may be what is happening with that particular tower.

The 800 being talked about in this thread is not lte...

On another note... Sandusky is peppered with 800mhz active towers... And it is closer to the Canadian border.. So I would think that we are good as far as IBEZ ..

The thing that is the hardest to swallow for me is that the two towers closest to my house in North Ridgeville were the first towers to be reported as being worked on in ohio.. And they still are not complete... :-(

From what the CSR said on the phone the tower behind Aldi has 3G upgrades. From what I've seen in person that's true because fiber and cabinets are on site. I don't know why it's not reported on Robert's map though. The one on Jaycox and Mills has fiber but no cabinets.

I reported both of those sites as being in progress but in progress can mean anything from fiber ran, cabinet installed, even boxes labeled Samsung being on the ground.

From what the CSR said on the phone the tower behind Aldi has 3G upgrades. From what I've seen in person that's true because fiber and cabinets are on site. I don't know why it's not reported on Robert's map though. The one on Jaycox and Mills has fiber but no cabinets.

I reported both of those sites as being in progress but in progress can mean anything from fiber ran, cabinet installed, even boxes labeled Samsung being on the ground.

which Aldi's?

North Ridgeville

Does this include the Avon area? I really think they are working in this area. Even though I have an iPhone 5 it also gives me 1x now whenever I leave my house and calls have been taking a few more seconds to connect....

Yes.

Downtown outside of justice center I swapped my g2 from global to lte/cdma and connected to band 41 lte. Weird though there was no Internet even tough connection was good enough for Internet access. Internet on 3g keeps swapping between eharpd and evdo and is nearly unusable in speed. Signal on band 41 very week if you move even a few steps. Hope they turn the power up once it is actually active.

ujunatuv.jpg9amy5eta.jpg

I really want to mess around with band 41 LTE. I can't wait until it's actually providing internet.

Does iPhone support band 41? I'm so confused on these LTE bands & stuff. iPhone 5S & any update on NE Ohio near University Circle? Or mayfield?

5s has band 25 and 26 lte not band 41

• 2 weeks later...

A little update maybe?  I was in the parking lot at Giant Eagle Watertower yesterday afternoon and my data was flying.  Did a quick test with RootMetrics and the speed came back as 1.2 Mbs...fastest I've ever gotten anywhere in North Olmsted.  I have an iPhone 4S so I don't know if 4G was available, but it was nice to be able to check email quickly!  Thanks!

Edited by pongool
  • Like 2