Sprint bright future

NYC126

This is the part where we bring out the hater shades...

They said every reason as to how Sprint will shoot back up and in response people say, their network sucks so even if they have the money to fix it and are currently fixing it, it can't be fixed. Absolutely no sense.

• Like 5

This is the part where we bring out the hater shades...

They said every reason as to how Sprint will shoot back up and in response people say, their network sucks so even if they have the money to fix it and are currently fixing it, it can't be fixed. Absolutely no sense.

Something along the lines of... Sprint is just throwing money at their problems and I don't see how that will help their network while also discussing AT&T and VZ cap ex. Smart investors indeed!

• Like 2

Only thing I don't agree on is with articles is they continue to just compare the number of mhz. Some bands just can't be compared to like that. It's like saying one guy has so many acres of coast land for tourism but then the other guy has that plus more in the middle of nowhere. Sure it can be used and hold a lot of people but it will take a lot of money to be used.

Only thing I don't agree on is with articles is they continue to just compare the number of mhz. Some bands just can't be compared to like that. It's like saying one guy has so many acres of coast land for tourism but then the other guy has that plus more in the middle of nowhere. Sure it can be used and hold a lot of people but it will take a lot of money to be used.

We're not talking about people that truly know what they're talking about. We're talking about investors. They care about statistics, if it has numbers and they're larger, it's better. If they aren't larger, we'll manipulate the numbers until they look better anyway, then after we make a profit sell it and let the boat possibly sink.

• Like 2

Motley fool is really bad even as a site dedicated to investor, at least when it comes to sprint. From sprint's rises ~2.50 to 7 dollars they where saying dont by sprint might go bankrupt and was going nowhere. Now they are recommending people get into the stock I am worried about sprint's future lol

His vague points are meaningless. The New Sprint will have a mildly high debt ratio...whoopdeedoo. Compare the debt burdens of the old Sprint..they used to be in a much worse position related to debt. Also, SoftBank can further capitalize Sprint at any time with more money. Additionally, the New Sprint can start retiring a lot of its outstanding debt with much cheaper debt on the Japanese market.

It's not going to be a cakewalk for the New Sprint. But it's a better position for the future than VZW and ATT. They will be seeing their margins reduced. Sprint has nowhere to go but up from here.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 4

We're not talking about people that truly know what they're talking about. We're talking about investors. They care about statistics, if it has numbers and they're larger, it's better. If they aren't larger, we'll manipulate the numbers until they look better anyway, then after we make a profit sell it and let the boat possibly sink.

Exactly my point.

People are foolish. If you have already made a profit on your verizon stock, then selling them and reinvesting in Sprint may be a great way to go. I real investor invests with their head and not their heart.

The kind of gains that anyone who jumped on Clear or Sprint when it was at its lows are almost unheard of for an investor. Even then, Sprint is a fantastic long term investment right now and as Robert said, it has nowhere to go but up. 

The twist causing everyone to call it foolish is that it a bunch of whiners found their way into the comment section to lament about not having a magical or perfect network experience. People confuse "budget carrier" with expectations set by the big two.  

• Like 1

If Sprint continues to nickel and dimes us as far as their native coverage is concerned, then I will leave them. I only have one line with them instead of the 4 I used to have. However if they provide really solid coverage in the places I travel and live and work, then I might think about bringing the other 3 lines over. 

If Sprint continues to nickel and dimes us as far as their native coverage is concerned, then I will leave them.

Define "nickel and dime" as it relates to native coverage.

AJ

• Like 1

If they provide solid coverage in the urban, suburban and exurban as well as the highways. I'm not really concerned about native coverage in the really rural areas. If a person lives on their farm far out of town and far from the highways, then I don't think Sprint should cover them. However I do think they should cover the roads that in Texas call Farm to Market or in Florida we call country roads.

Edited by bigsnake49

If they provide solid coverage in the urban, suburban and exurban as well as the highways.

And my experience is that Sprint generally provides that level of coverage already.  SMR 800 MHz will only make it better.

AJ

• Like 4

And my experience is that Sprint generally provides that level of coverage already.  SMR 800 MHz will only make it better.

AJ

I have couple of highways in mind. Solid native coverage on I-95 in Florida from North of Jacksonville all the way down to Miami and State Road 528 from I-4 to I-95. There are major gaps in native coverage right now on those two major highways. I am hoping SMR helps.

Edited by bigsnake49

I have couple of highways in mind. Solid native coverage on I-95 in Florida from North of Jacksonville all the way down to Miami and State Road 528 from I-4 to I-95.

Well, there should not be any native coverage gaps along an Interstate as major as I-95.  But the Sprint coverage tool projections look highly conservative in Florida.  So, the network has been retuned for capacity along the urban Atlantic coast and/or it was built with different devices in mind.  It would be interesting to examine how much coverage we have lost in the transition from the external antenna Sanyo flip phones of yore to the aesthetically pleasing smartphones of today.

AJ

• Like 2

I have couple of highways in mind. Solid native coverage on I-95 in Florida from North of Jacksonville all the way down to Miami and State Road 528 from I-4 to I-95. There are major gaps in native coverage right now on those two major highways. I am hoping SMR helps.

I am in the Shentel market area and it is almost totally covered by 800 now.  I can assure you that the little gaps in coverage on some of the roads are gone.  I have several spots that the calls would drop in the past.  Now when I go through those spots, I see the signal level deteriorate some, but no calls drop at these spots.  Of course, it is going to depend on how bad the gap was on 1900. 800 meg will not ever fix every problem for everybody, but it sure is a very big improvement.  I wish everybody could see what happened here when Shentel lit up the 800.  In case you look at the S4GRU maps for the Shentel area, remember that there is a delay in getting the maps updated.  The coverage of 800 is much much more complete than the maps show at the moment.

• Like 2

I am in the Shentel market area and it is almost totally covered by 800 now.  I can assure you that the little gaps in coverage on some of the roads are gone.  I have several spots that the calls would drop in the past.  Now when I go through those spots, I see the signal level deteriorate some, but no calls drop at these spots.  Of course, it is going to depend on how bad the gap was on 1900. 800 meg will not ever fix every problem for everybody, but it sure is a very big improvement.  I wish everybody could see what happened here when Shentel lit up the 800.  In case you look at the S4GRU maps for the Shentel area, remember that there is a delay in getting the maps updated.  The coverage of 800 is much much more complete than the maps show at the moment.

I hope that 800 is implemented everywhere and anywhere that Sprint has coverage and they have a solid plan of improving coverage every year. I want to see Sprint trucks with multiple antennas on the roof like I see Verizon trucks.

Edited by bigsnake49

Shentel isn't Sprint though.  I live in frederick, county md..i love it when i ahve to head over into washington county md and WV...getting slid 4g or rock solid 3g is great compared to fredco, md which has been horrid for a couple of years from now.  I have not moved to another carrier because with costs now being equal the unlimited data is the only reason i hold on.  I hope Sprint can get the upgrades done soon here..:)

Shentel isn't Sprint though.  I live in frederick, county md..i love it when i ahve to head over into washington county md and WV...getting slid 4g or rock solid 3g is great compared to fredco, md which has been horrid for a couple of years from now.  I have not moved to another carrier because with costs now being equal the unlimited data is the only reason i hold on.  I hope Sprint can get the upgrades done soon here.. :)

Yes, Shentel is not really Sprint.  They sure are a big PLUS for Sprint however.  I see from your address, you can easily get into Charles Town.  If you look at the S4GRU maps, you will see just how well that is covered. You probably have been there and seen the coverage for yourself.   The maps still do not show those sites as being 800 active but they sure are. If you thought the coverage in Charles Town was good a month ago, go back and see what you have with the 800 coverage.

Things will improve in your area and probably soon.  Nobody can define exactly what "soon" means however.

The maps still do not show those sites as being 800 active but they sure are.

I hope to clear my back log of Shentel sites today. It will be nice to get those caught up.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

Yes, Shentel is not really Sprint.  They sure are a big PLUS for Sprint however.  I see from your address, you can easily get into Charles Town.  If you look at the S4GRU maps, you will see just how well that is covered. You probably have been there and seen the coverage for yourself.   The maps still do not show those sites as being 800 active but they sure are. If you thought the coverage in Charles Town was good a month ago, go back and see what you have with the 800 coverage.

Things will improve in your area and probably soon.  Nobody can define exactly what "soon" means however.

My wife spends more time over in washco and wv than i do...I'm normally in fredco and northwads or southwards where 4g right now is an afterthought..i'd be nice to have working 3g..:)