Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

Im just wondering why it's showing 3g coverage in mexico city and some other latin american countries!?

People have taken their Sprint phones there and switched them on, apparently. Sensorly's maps include roaming coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sensorly,

Have I gone blind (or totally senile), or has the the scaling capability (+ or -) just disappeared from the Sensorly maps when displaying on a PC?  I have tried multiple browsers, can't find it. It works fine on a touch screen, because (obviously!) you don't need the + or -. But with a mouse . . . zilch!!

(signed)

Frustrated 

Have I gone blind (or totally senile), or has the the scaling capability (+ or -) just disappeared from the Sensorly maps when displaying on a PC? I have tried multiple browsers, can't find it. It works fine on a touch screen, because (obviously!) you don't need the + or -. But with a mouse . . . zilch!!

I noticed that too.. but I figured out you can double-click to zoom in, and right double-click to zoom out.

-Mike

Dear Sensorly,

Have I gone blind (or totally senile), or has the the scaling capability (+ or -) just disappeared from the Sensorly maps when displaying on a PC? I have tried multiple browsers, can't find it. It works fine on a touch screen, because (obviously!) you don't need the + or -. But with a mouse . . . zilch!!

(signed)

Frustrated

Bet that is the new Google maps api. Dumb dumb dumb dumb...

• Like 3

I noticed that too.. but I figured out you can double-click to zoom in, and right double-click to zoom out.

-Mike

If you have a 3 button mouse with the wheel you can zoom in and out that way too. My mouse just so happens to have 15 buttons on it. Gaming mouse anyone?

That's what happens when you force new technology on the aged.

Thanks for the hints.

Bet that is the new Google maps api. Dumb dumb dumb dumb...

maps.google.com still has the +- and the slider bar, at least so far . . .

For me if you hover where the + and - should be the mouse pointer changes and you can zoom in and out that way. Check that now I am getting the +- buttons in Sensorly on the PC website

I am interested in installing Sensorly on my Galaxy S4. 

Is the app one of those annoying "always on, run at startup" type that keep coming back even if you kill of the process?  Or can you turn it on when you want to map and then turn it off, like a proper application (rather than an app that thinks it needs to act like a service)

I am interested in installing Sensorly on my Galaxy S4. 

Is the app one of those annoying "always on, run at startup" type that keep coming back even if you kill of the process?  Or can you turn it on when you want to map and then turn it off, like a proper application (rather than an app that thinks it needs to act like a service)

Don't set it as Passive mode when it starts up and it won't do this. 

• Like 1

Don't set it as Passive mode when it starts up and it won't do this. 

Thanks!    Can hardly wait to use it later this afternoon (when I am out of my radio signal blocking deadzone of an office.. )

Bored again.  It's only been about 6 weeks since I did this but you can compare these pics to the old ones and see how both AT&T and Sprint have expanded over the past month and a half.  Again keep in mind each square is about 10 miles by 10 miles so if there's LTE anywhere in that 100 square mile block there's gonna be color on the map.  This also ignores signal strength because I don't know how to extract the tile layers from the sensorly maps.  Of course if I could do that, I couldn't waste 2 hours every time I do this. :unsure:

Mid-July version is here.

v6vv.jpg

0lmq.jpg

Here's an animated .gif so you can better see how they compare:
1oz.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 12

Looks like the delay is back with sensorly. For a few months it was almost instantaneous....now it takes hours.

Depends on what you look at. It renders fairly quickly, usually in a few minutes at at least one zoom level. But a PC will have around a 24 hour cache, so you won't see it as quickly. A mobile device will have a much shorter cache, but will still cause a delay if you don't clear the cache, or wait a few minutes before loading the map after mapping.

Depends on what you look at. It renders fairly quickly, usually in a few minutes at at least one zoom level. But a PC will have around a 24 hour cache, so you won't see it as quickly. A mobile device will have a much shorter cache, but will still cause a delay if you don't clear the cache, or wait a few minutes before loading the map after mapping.

A couple weeks ago I could have it pulled up on my computer and then upload my points and change the zoom level and they would be there almost immediately without even refreshing the page.

Sensorly's LTE time delta as of this post is less than 10 seconds.  Pretty quick if you ask me.  The CDMA time delta is about 45 seconds or so which still isn't bad.

A couple weeks ago I could have it pulled up on my computer and then upload my points and change the zoom level and they would be there almost immediately without even refreshing the page.

Somewhere in this thread, the Sensorly rep. details how the cache works, and how quickly the data is updated. 

Updates are still fast. We added a CDN to improve the speed at which tiles load in the browser and it's set to keep tiles in cache for 24h for now so you won't see updates for up to 24h. App doesn't do that.

• Like 3