LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

ok welp, after sifting through things to try and get the msl on my note 2 (just so i know what i was looking for) they all seem out dated...

WHICH means i will be asking here....because for my little brain...xda seems to scattered about, and the ads all over give me a headache....i tried it before every so often....and its still the same

Just call Sprint or ask in Sprint chat like I advised you to.  The Sprint CSRs have access to the information to tell you your MSL code.

Or if you are rooted, there is a MSL reader app I believe.  *Keep in mind, that number is going to change from device to device so if you are getting it, in hopes of being prepared when the G2 is delivered, just wait.   

Or if you are rooted, there is a MSL reader app I believe.  *Keep in mind, that number is going to change from device to device so if you are getting it, in hopes of being prepared when the G2 is delivered, just wait.   

The MSL reader apps are pretty outdated and work for only specific devices or older Android versions.  I have been trying to find an most up to date way of getting your MSL but so far I haven't found it yet.  There are very few MSL reader apps out there and they are all outdated by at least a year to 2.

regarding MSL, if you have 2 phones, you can switch them via your account online the MSL will be given to you (for the phone you are switching to).

current phone > switch to old phone > get old phone msl > switch to new phone > get new phone msl.

Thanks for the article but at this point, I am committed to the LG G2.  The reviews have convinced me to stay with the LG G2.  I am pretty sure this GS4 version will have the same exact specs like the original GS4 like the Snapdragon 600, 2 GB RAM, etc, 13 MP cam with Digital Image Stabilization, same 2600 maH battery, etc.

Except... I believe the TD-LTE equipped GS4 in Korea is using a Snapdragon 800:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-LTE-A-speed-demo-ushers-in-a-new-era-5-awesome-facts-on-LTE-Advanced_id44529

I, too, am committed to the LG G2, but I wouldn't be surprised to see if the Snapdragon 800 is powering the Triband GS4 since Korea already has the hardware for it. Although... The Galaxy Mega 6.3 and the GS4 Mini both will have Triband without the Snapdragon 800, so anything can still happen.

Just a quick question: In light of this band locking topic, does anyone know if sprint locked band 26 on the iPhones?

No idea.  You might have to ask the iPhone section in the forum about this but I am not sure what the dialer codes are to access the menu.  I remember someone had to be jailbroken and downloaded an app that can display your current LTE engineering settings.  But since there is no iOS 7 jailbroken method I don't think we know this information right now.

Even if Band 26 is locked at the beginning on the iPhone, Sprint can push a carrier update to enable it fairly easily. 

I'm betting on it being open right now, though.

Now to address the G2 discussion on 802.11ac and Band 41.

First 802.11ac.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/312398-does-have-802-11ac-verizon.html

If the VZW version has 802.11ac, I don't see any reason the Sprint version would be any different. 

Now to band 41. We've already seen FCC OET data confirming band 41, and even if it's not enabled at launch, Sprint will enable it eventually.  

The only way I see this as a problem is if you never ever update the software on your phone.  This is bordering on beating a dead horse at this point.  Hint hint!  :)

I don't want the management to have to start unapproving posts over this. 

• Like 1

I am so confused in this thread. Info rehashed.. Posts you can't read since they are full of lolz and lower case. Posts that aren't English. Did anyone read the specs on this phone from the wall article?

• Like 2

I am so confused in this thread. Info rehashed.. Posts you can't read since they are full of lolz and lower case. Posts that aren't English. Did anyone read the specs on this phone from the wall article?

What's the wall?

:o

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

regarding MSL, if you have 2 phones, you can switch them via your account online the MSL will be given to you (for the phone you are switching to).

current phone > switch to old phone > get old phone msl > switch to new phone > get new phone msl.

I have never swapped phones online.  What is the link to do this?

Went to Best Buy, Target, and Walmart tonight outside of DC... the only one to have a dummy up was Best Buy and it was the Verizon version with the small buttons. Is this trend of not giving this phone a solid push national, or just around Washington? I wanna play with it!

Went to Best Buy, Target, and Walmart tonight outside of DC... the only one to have a dummy up was Best Buy and it was the Verizon version with the small buttons. Is this trend of not giving this phone a solid push national, or just around Washington? I wanna play with it!

My local best buy a fully functional sprint lg g2 on display. The device wasnt activated with service but you could play with it.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

It depends. The AT&T store right by me only has dummy phones and doesn't even have an iPhone, Note 3 or a G2 on display. When I asked about the G2, the salesperson told me he "might have one in the back but can only bring it out if you're buying it". The AT&T store in the Town Center in Jax has a huge amount of phones activated. I've been to 3 Sprint stores, but no G2 and only one had a poster up for it.

Well, if the LG G2 thread wants to just gab on and on, it may be dismayed to know that a tri band Samsung Galaxy S4 made itself known today.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-356-teaser-samsung-galaxy-s4-2-3/

AJ

Only dismayed if I had to use a phone with a smaller battery and a smaller screen which disappears when used in direct daylight, while knowing there was an alternative out there.

It's confusing and rehashed because there was ambiguous, or little concrete, information available from authoritative souces. Mix in a little codesention and scorn, and you end up with a lot of useless dialogue. At long last though, I think we are safe to assume that the G2 will NOT be able to utilize its tri-band capabilities out of the box when launched next month. With Sprint setting no definitive timeline for an update, the questions now become "why" and "when", but I won't ask and be the one to set off more gnashing of teeth and renting of garments from the mods. :)
Why the anger? This is actually a good example of why the thread took the dynamic that it did. I think many of us participating in this thread did indeed read that article. Notice that there is no mention that bands 41 & 26 may be disabled when the device is released. I think many of us, even the author possibly, were going off the assumption that all three bands would be active on the device side. Why would anyone think otherwise, after all? The questioning and speculation (much of which turned out to be true) began only later. The resistance to the effort of information and answers has left me scratching my head. Edited by dParis

What I don't get is why are folks so all up and arms about the fact that the LTE B26 and B41 may not available at launch?  If it is proven that by manually enabling the LTE bands 26 and 41 through the MSL code works and we can connect to LTE band 26 and 41 at launch then does it really matter?  As long as we are able to use our LTE band 26 and 41 here on S4GRU then who cares.  The average consumer won't know about how to check for LTE band 26 and 41 activation and will use their phone like normal.

I have full faith that LG and Sprint will release a future firmware update to enable all those LTE bands eventually.  I don't get all this whole mistrust of LG without giving them a chance to make it right and to me this is totally unfair to them.  If anyone who gets the GS4 triband assuming it will be triband LTE support out of the box is crazy as if Samsung is to be the only one trusted.  Sprint is in the driver seat on determining what LTE bands are enabled at launch and it doesn't matter if this was HTC, Samsung, LG or Motorola.  

Can someone explain to me why all of a sudden it seems like people are having this abandon ship mentality on the LG G2?  To me it sounds pretty ridiculous.

Can someone explain to me why all of a sudden it seems like people are having this abandon ship mentality on the LG G2? To me it sounds pretty ridiculous.

I'm still getting the G2 and I'll be happy with it. ;-)

I think that people were just unsure of their purchase in the first place and is trying to find a reason to cancel. They probably would have exchanged for another device within their 14 day period, anyways.

I'm still getting the G2 and I'll be happy with it. ;-)

I think that people were just unsure of their purchase in the first place and is trying to find a reason to cancel. They probably would have exchanged for another device within their 14 day period, anyways.

It sure seems like all of a sudden there is a huge rush of folks looking to cancel the LG G2 to get the GS4T.  I guess it goes to show how much faith people still have in Samsung over any other OEM.  But Sprint still has to show that they are going to provide this new GS4 darn device.  Heck Sprint hasn't even announced anything yet for the Galaxy Mega 6.3 so who knows.