LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

The white demo at my local best buy has no mic on the back - it's on the top. But it's the white version. Not sure if the black one is different but that wouldn't make sense.

Is the mic on the top specific to the Sprint version, like the mic on the back is specific to the AT&T version?

I am again asking because of the case I am looking at. Does the T-Mobile version have the mic on the top like the Sprint version? I just want to make sure I get the correct case with all the cutouts in the correct locations.

Is the mic on the top specific to the Sprint version, like the mic on the back is specific to the AT&T version?

I am again asking because of the case I am looking at. Does the T-Mobile version have the mic on the top like the Sprint version? I just want to make sure I get the correct case with all the cutouts in the correct locations.

Sprint and tmobile both have the mic on top and are the same thing. AT&T is just slightly different with the back mic.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

The worst case is you will have an extra hole on the case, but it's not really a big deal and I doubt anyone would notice there is no mic under the small hole.

The worst case is you will have an extra hole on the case, but it's not really a big deal and I doubt anyone would notice there is no mic under the small hole.

My Mother-in-Law will notice, and will then endlessly pick me apart and wonder why her daughter married me, for having bought something with a useless extra hole!

• Like 1

My Mother-in-Law will notice, and will then endlessly pick me apart and wonder why her daughter married me, for having bought something with a useless extra hole!

Sometimes an extra hole is just what you need..but don't tell your mother in law that..

• Like 2

Sometimes an extra hole is just what you need..but don't tell your mother in law that..

How would Ed McMahon respond whenever Johnny Carson would say something risqué?

AJ

I just read this in the official LG G2 training app as further confirm that triband is disabled but will be enabled during an update.

I just read this in the official LG G2 training app as further confirm that triband is disabled but will be enabled during an update.

Well, I'm sure many of us that visit this page will be enabling the function with our MSL

-Will

attachicon.gif2013-10-21_09-51-36.png

No, no, no. That app is wrong. Everyone in this thread "knows" that the G2 lacks Wi-Fi.

AJ

• Like 5

I thought the G2 supported wireless ac, but according to these specs it just supports wireless n.

I was wondering the same thing. My wife's doesn't connect to Wireless AC either...And hers is the AT&T Version....Maybe sprint's will be an exception! (For the good that is)  :tu:

Any thoughts on whether or not we'll see CarrierIQ on this device? It appears that CIQ has a significant effect on battery life.

CarrierIQ is so 2011..

attachicon.gif2013-10-21_09-51-36.png

Yeah I brought up this app last week in the post below about confirmation of triband being disabled at launch.  I didn't have a chance to take a screenshot and post it but thanks for doing that.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4099-lg-g2-the-first-sprint-tri-band-lte-handset-was-lg-optimus-g2/?p=222411

Is anyone yet certain that Best Buy will have the 32gig version of the Sprint G2?  When about to pre-order it there for $99 (for existing Sprint customers) the cust svc person via chat said it was the 16gig model. Of course I had thought only 32gig versions were to be used and tried to tellthem that. The BB Cust Svc person said they were sure their G2 for Sprint will be 16gig though.  Does anyone here know for sure that this is incorrect and that Best Busy will sell the normal 32gig version?  They do not have the memory size posted anywhere on their site so I just can't be sure.  16gig and no mem expansion is a no-sell for me, so reason for me delay.   

I dont want to pre-order with BB until I can tell what memory is on their G2 for sure.  I am almost certain reading here and around that it will be the 32gig, but since they said otherwise, I want to make sure.  Thoughts???

Is anyone yet certain that Best Buy will have the 32gig version of the Sprint G2? When about to pre-order it there for $99 (for existing Sprint customers) the cust svc person via chat said it was the 16gig model. Of course I had thought only 32gig versions were to be used and tried to tellthem that. The BB Cust Svc person said they were sure their G2 for Sprint will be 16gig though. Does anyone here know for sure that this is incorrect and that Best Busy will sell the normal 32gig version? They do not have the memory size posted anywhere on their site so I just can't be sure. 16gig and no mem expansion is a no-sell for me, so reason for me delay. I dont want to pre-order with BB until I can tell what memory is on their G2 for sure. I am almost certain reading here and around that it will be the 32gig, but since they said otherwise, I want to make sure. Thoughts???

It's 32 gig. Don't listen to customer service, they most likely don't even know what a "gig" is.

Sprint LG G2 is 32 GB. LG even has it posted in their specs on their website.http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS980-White-g2
I have used the Sprint G2, it is most definitely 32GB. sa7y5ujy.jpgSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I thought the G2 supported wireless ac, but according to these specs it just supports wireless n.

Right the specs on their website and app say that but the FCC docs and AJ's G2 article show that wireless ac support is available.  Again its just one of those mistakes that the LG staff and Sprint on their info page made.

hah! And I got panned for asking about that. 

And your post above, too, is going to get panned because you failed to read the post directly before it.

Honestly, many of the posts in this thread make me feel like I should stop writing FCC OET analyses and just start posting screenshots from the authorization docs.  Let you guys debate ad nauseam what those hardware specs mean and how they jive with the marketing media.

AJ

• Like 1

And your post above, too, is going to get panned because you failed to read the post directly before it.

Honestly, many of the posts in this thread make me feel like I should stop writing FCC OET analyses and just start posting screenshots from the authorization docs.  Let you guys debate ad nauseam what those hardware specs mean and how they jive with the marketing media.

AJ

So what are we looking at here? Sure, you can analyze FCC data all day, but if there isn't software support for ac, that hardware is useless. I think it's still a legitimate concern until someone confirms it's working on a device in their hand.

Are we not seeing it in the literature because the support in-ROM is still half-baked or what