LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

got mine ordered for $99 through my sprint rep.....cuz 2600 is lit up hot here in utah...and i am tired of waiting

now i need to see that pic of the Ballistic with the belt clip

miss having access to my sprint rep...

I already posted pics of it. Ballistic also lists it on their website now. What sucks is my wife wants one now, too, because it is more protective but no thicker than the Otterbox Commuter.

woot found it....

sweet, now to find it on amazon...i still have a few weeks

woot found it.... sweet, now to find it on amazon...i still have a few weeks

I bought mine on eBay for $30. It was a "buy it now or make an offer" and my offer went through

• Like 2

Someone bought the LG G2 Sprint version outright and it does have the mic on the back.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachments/sprint-lg-g2/87696d1382104086-i-have-sprint-lg-g2-hand-20131018_014736.jpg

Good thing I didn't buy the case yet. I will just wait

Wrong.  It doesn't have a mic on the back.  These are pics from Best Buy of a Sprint LG G2 white floor model that was working.  

As you can see the 2nd picture confirms the model number LS980 and the first picture confirms the mic is on the top part.  The guy who "claimed" he had the Sprint model has the AT&T model. 

Also take a look at the pics from Best Buy.  The back picture doesn't show a mic.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/g2-mobile-phone/1710032.p?id=1219061251692&skuId=1710032&st=gift-card-with-lg-g2-112307/category_facet=2|cat00000|abcat0800000|pcmcat209400050001&cp=1&lp=2&contract_desc=#tab=overview

Sprint LG G2 No Mic.jpg

Sprint LG G2 Model Number.jpg

Sprint LG G2 Back.jpg

Wrong. It doesn't have a mic on the back. These are pics from Best Buy of a Sprint LG G2 white floor model that was working.

As you can see the 2nd picture confirms the model number LS980 and the first picture confirms the mic is on the top part. The guy who "claimed" he had the Sprint model has the AT&T model.

Also take a look at the pics from Best Buy. The back picture doesn't show a mic.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/g2-mobile-phone/1710032.p?id=1219061251692&skuId=1710032&st=gift-card-with-lg-g2-112307/category_facet=2|cat00000|abcat0800000|pcmcat209400050001&cp=1&lp=2&contract_desc=#tab=overview

Yep same as the one in my store. There are two mics, one on top and one on the bottom, just nothing on the back.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I've played around with my Wife's G2 quite a bit...yeah, the buttons are kinda awkward, but I think it's something that I'll be able to adjust to. Just kinda like changing to a new phone all together. You get used to it, and then when you change to the next phone, you get used to it as well. By human nature, people don't like change very much when it comes to something they're used to....(Unless it's no signal...then were Cool with that change) LOL  ;)

Kris

Speaking of cases, why has there never been a case (that I know of) that actually helps dissipate heat away from the phone? Most all cases only seem to insulate phones, making heat more of an issue. I'd love to have something like an Otterbox that also acts as a heatsink, pulling heat away from the phone and dissipates it around the body of the case. It would help increase phone longevity. For example, lithium batteries hate heat; the cooler they stay, the longer they last.

/rant

To generalize, heat sinks dissipate heat by having high thermal conductivity and a large surface area touching the surrounding air, with minimal air in between the sink and the heat source.  High thermal conductivity means a metal, a crystal (glass, diamond), or maybe rock/stone.  High surface area touching the surrounding air means protruding fins.  Minimal air in between the sink and the source means using a thermal paste or other filler in between the source and the sink in order to fill in the gaps (so gluing your phone to the case or filling the gaps with a gel/liquid). 

Basically, it would make your phone larger/pointier, heavier, harder, probably more fragile, and require making the case pretty much permanent.  It would be nearly impossible to make a usable case that is a better heat sink than just having a metal back plate. 

No dice here....Still says this:

Status: Your pre-order for the LG G2 (Black) is at our warehouse. We expect to deliver your phone on or around Friday, Nov 8. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience. For the latest status on your order, please continue to visit www.sprint.com/myorder.
  • Like 1

Wow no embedded simcard what a shock lol

The Note II was the last LTE device to have an embedded SIM card (I'n 90% sure). It was always intended to have removable SIM cards in the devices. The primary reason it didn't start out that way was due to customers likely getting the SIM cards confused with iDEN, etc. instead of realizing they can't simply be swapped out or aren't compatible.

Let's be honest, most users here aren't the average American consumer, they are much more educated on the technology and passionate about it. The average person would just try to make things fit where they don't belong and get angry with Sprint when it didn't work (I see it daily in my S&R store).

AHHHHHH!!!!!  I gave in and couldn't wait any longer.  I preordered through Sprint Telesales.  I have officially joined the LG G2 club. I ordered in white.

With how much you've posted here, I figured you had it ordered already. Lol

So I'm seeing a couple sprint lg g2 listings on eBay. How could someone even have one yet? Seems a little sketch

They're likely legit.  Same reason other items go on sale on eBay prior to release.  Such as Xbox 360/PS3 before release and many games.  Some small-scale stores sell these items before release for two reasons;

1. They're uninformed and is not aware of the release date so they sell when possible.

2. They're doing it to compete with the bigger competitors and intentionally sell it early to grab some customers.

With how much you've posted here, I figured you had it ordered already. Lol

Well the thing is I have the SERO Plan so I couldn't upgrade through 3rd parties like Best Buy like you could. Believe me if I could upgrade and preorder the G2 through Best Buy I would have done a long time ago around the same time you did just to ensure I got the $50 Best Buy gift card.  

It sucks that I have to pay the normal price of $199 but its the sacrifice you make to keep your plan.

They're likely legit. Same reason other items go on sale on eBay prior to release. Such as Xbox 360/PS3 before release and many games. Some small-scale stores sell these items before release for two reasons;

1. They're uninformed and is not aware of the release date so they sell when possible.

2. They're doing it to compete with the bigger competitors and intentionally sell it early to grab some customers.

I might have to grab one then. I'm itching to see if the tri band will pick up the clear wire lte build out here in Denver.