HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Seems like it definitely lost beats audio support. I know people say its a gimmick but I actually enjoyed it on the EVO LTE. I bet next years Samsung phone have it because they would sell more on a galaxy device.

If it's not there, i'm sure you can find something in the play store to enhance the audio. 

Seems like it definitely lost beats audio support. I know people say its a gimmick but I actually enjoyed it on the EVO LTE. I bet next years Samsung phone have it because they would sell more on a galaxy device.

There is nothing special about beats audio, its just an equalizer preset and thats it.  From what I been reading though htc will be extending "boomsound" to headphone performance as well which they say will sound basically the same to beats audio.

There is nothing special about beats audio, its just an equalizer preset and thats it. From what I been reading though htc will be extending "boomsound" to headphone performance as well which they say will sound basically the same to beats audio.

So your basically saying power amp is way better than beats audio?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk now Free

ENGADGET WAS WRONG! HTC's website shows Tri-Band. You have to go through the UK site!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/htc-one-max/#specs

• Sprint: FDD 800/1900 MHz, TDD 2600 MHz
I know what my next phone is!!!!
That makes a big difference.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So your basically saying power amp is way better than beats audio?

How did you come up with that assumption based on what I said?

Yeah but the One came with 32gb so I am hoping that by some miracle that the one max comes in at no more than $600 for the 32gb version.

But the HTC One had 32 GB as the base model while the HTC One Max has a base model is 16 GB.  The HTC One Max is going to have a higher cost right off the bat than the HTC One because of the larger build of materials cost for the hardware. I would guess that should put the HTC One Max base model of 16 GB at $600. 

Besides based on past history for Sprint, Sprint doesn't sell multiple storage sizes on its smartphones specifically Android phones with the exception of the iPhone which they offer in 16/32/64 GB storage.  So a 32 GB HTC One Max for Sprint might not even be for sale.  Given the fact that the HTC One Max has a SD card slot, why would Sprint opt to buy the more expensive 32 GB model when most of the folks are going to buy the base model 16 GB and just add a microSD card slot anyways.  Who knows, maybe Sprint would opt to get the 32 GB model and charge $249 or $299 with 2 year contract.

I'm just saying what is a good alternative to beats audio? What do you use?

I am not an audiophile so beats audio worked exactly as intended for my uses.  But samsungs touch wiz, for example, has a pretty decent selection of audio options as well as an equalizer so when I am listening to music on my galaxy tab, it sounds the same if not better than my current and previous htc devices being that there is more customization involved.

• Like 1

I'm just saying what is a good alternative to beats audio? What do you use?

From what I was reading about Beats Audio, all the audiophiles say Beats Audio isn't that good and was just overhyped because of Dr. Dre.  Also people were saying that if you want true Beats Audio, you need to be using their Beats headphones when listening to stuff to get good sound.  Not sure how big of a difference it is with the audio speaker in normal use.

But the HTC One had 32 GB as the base model while the HTC One Max has a base model is 16 GB.  The HTC One Max is going to have a higher cost right off the bat than the HTC One because of the larger build of materials cost for the hardware. I would guess that should put the HTC One Max base model of 16 GB at $600. 

Besides based on past history for Sprint, Sprint doesn't sell multiple storage sizes on its smartphones specifically Android phones with the exception of the iPhone which they offer in 16/32/64 GB storage.  So a 32 GB HTC One Max for Sprint might not even be for sale.  Given the fact that the HTC One Max has a SD card slot, why would Sprint opt to buy the more expensive 32 GB model when most of the folks are going to buy the base model 16 GB and just add a microSD card slot anyways.  Who knows, maybe Sprint would opt to get the 32 GB model and charge $249 or $299 with 2 year contract.

Well technically there was a 16gb One but that was for a few select markets but I get what your saying.  I still think sprint will go for the 32gb version though.

From what I was reading about Beats Audio, all the audiophiles say Beats Audio isn't that good and was just overhyped because of Dr. Dre. Also people were saying that if you want true Beats Audio, you need to be using their Beats headphones when listening to stuff to get good sound. Not sure how big of a difference it is with the audio speaker in normal use.

I had beats audio headphones and they sound the same in my EVO LTE as my skull candy headphones. Also I have a galaxy S 3 and when listening over headphones and Bluetooth via car the beats audio always has richer sound and bass while the gs3 sound tinny and actually only works with the right side of my car speakers while my EVO works with all of it.

From what I was reading about Beats Audio, all the audiophiles say Beats Audio isn't that good and was just overhyped because of Dr. Dre.  Also people were saying that if you want true Beats Audio, you need to be using their Beats headphones when listening to stuff to get good sound.  Not sure how big of a difference it is with the audio speaker in normal use.

A true audiophile probably won't even purchase any beats products not to mention that your headphones are only as good as the audio source.

• Like 1

I had beats audio headphones and they sound the same in my EVO LTE as my skull candy headphones. Also I have a galaxy S 3 and when listening over headphones and Bluetooth via car the beats audio always has richer sound and bass while the gs3 sound tinny and actually only works with the right side of my car speakers while my EVO works with all of it.

A true audiophile probably won't even purchase any beats products not to mention that your headphones are only as good as the audio source.

All I know is from what I experience is beats audio when watching movies on my EVO is like surround sound through my headphones and when I watch youtube or movies on my gf's gs3 it just sounds like louder but no rich treble or bass in sight. You would have to own a beats device and another phone to understand what I mean.

Well technically there was a 16gb One but that was for a few select markets but I get what your saying.  I still think sprint will go for the 32gb version though.

A 32 GB HTC One Max would be great since that would One Up the Note 3 especially since it has triband LTE, 32 GB storage + SD card slot, bigger battery, cheaper on contract price (if 32 GB...probably $249 or $299), dual stereo speakers, and larger screen. 

But I also think that since Sprint and Verizon are the only US carriers selling this,  Sprint will do what Verizon is going to do.  If Verizon opts to only get the 16 GB model then I think Sprint will opt to get the 16 GB model.

All I know is from what I experience is beats audio when watching movies on my EVO is like surround sound through my headphones and when I watch youtube or movies on my gf's gs3 it just sounds like louder but no rich treble or bass in sight. You would have to own a beats device and another phone to understand what I mean.

Not to go off topic too much but you have not experienced "surround sound through headphones" until you get a true high quality device made by sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Audio Technica, Grado.. etc...

*looks at my sennheiser HD headset...*

• Like 2

A 32 GB HTC One Max would be great since that would One Up the Note 3 especially since it has triband LTE, 32 GB storage + SD card slot, bigger battery, cheaper on contract price (if 32 GB...probably $249 or $299), dual stereo speakers, and larger screen.  But I also think that since Sprint and Verizon are the only US carriers selling this,  Sprint will do what Verizon is going to do.  If Verizon opts to only get the 16 GB model then I think Sprint will opt to get the 16 GB model.

You missed AT&T. They are also getting it.

I hope htc's build quality and durability is on par with Samsung's note ii...cause my note has been a tank. Only interested in upgrading for triband

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Not to go off topic too much but you have not experienced "surround sound through headphones" until you get a true high quality device made by sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Audio Technica, Grado.. etc...

*looks at my sennheiser HD headset...*

gotta try one of those. But lucky for me I'm keeping my EVO LTE and getting the LG G2 so its a win win for me

There is an app called HTC Scribble or something like that. It is a note taking and drawing app. Perhaps a stylus will be sold as an accessory for this device or there might be a case with a stylus. One of the cases announced was a case that had a 1,200 mAh flexible battery built in and it seemed pretty cool.

All I know is from what I experience is beats audio when watching movies on my EVO is like surround sound through my headphones and when I watch youtube or movies on my gf's gs3 it just sounds like louder but no rich treble or bass in sight. You would have to own a beats device and another phone to understand what I mean.Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk now Free

I am not saying that it doesn't make a difference, what I am saying is that even though it may not come with beats audio, that won't stop htc from coming up with a similar alternative.

There is an app called HTC Scribble or something like that. It is a note taking and drawing app. Perhaps a stylus will be sold as an accessory for this device or there might be a case with a stylus. One of the cases announced was a case that had a 1,200 mAh flexible battery built in and it seemed pretty cool.

HTC is asking $90 for that case, lol. I like it but not that much.