HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I'm leaning toward this being my next device. Hopefully it will come out soon. I'm babying my Sprint roaming data here in South Dakota to keep from getting the port out letter until I can get the device I want. Fortunately I have a VZW hotspot and an ATT phone with hotspot that I can offload my Sprint data to for the time being. I want the Max!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'm leaning toward this being my next device. Hopefully it will come out soon. I'm babying my Sprint roaming data here in South Dakota to keep from getting the port out letter until I can get the device I want. Fortunately I have a VZW hotspot and an ATT phone with hotspot that I can offload my Sprint data to for the time being. I want the Max!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I was hoping the Note 3 would of been Triband as I was ready to give Samsung a try. Hopefully the stars align just right and the One Max is Triband LTE and Snapdragon 800.

Well if this thing comes with an s600 chip then I don't think I will bother even if it is tri-band.  I am paying full pop and there is no way I will do so if it has the same specs as my One which came out 6 months ago, not to mention I haven't heard anything about an IR port on the One Max which at this point I absolutely love on my One that I know I can't live with out.  So it looks like I will keep my One on my main line and replace my poor evo with a nexus 5.

Well if this thing comes with an s600 chip then I don't think I will bother even if it is tri-band.  I am paying full pop and there is no way I will do so if it has the same specs as my One which came out 6 months ago, not to mention I haven't heard anything about an IR port on the One Max which at this point I absolutely love on my One that I know I can't live with out.  So it looks like I will keep my One on my main line and replace my poor evo with a nexus 5.

I would highly doubt if it doesn't have the IR blaster on the HTC One Max especially since the Note 3 has it. The IR blaster will probably be built into the power button just like they did with the HTC One.  These are just basic things that are now becoming the norm for smartphones going forward.  I would be very surprised if the HTC One Max didn't include the IR blaster. 

I would highly doubt if it doesn't have the IR blaster on the HTC One Max especially since the Note 3 has it. The IR blaster will probably be built into the power button just like they did with the HTC One.  These are just basic things that are now becoming the norm for smartphones going forward.  I would be very surprised if the HTC One Max didn't include the IR blaster. 

Well I guess we will find out when its officially announced.

Those specs might be suspect. Why release the HTC One with 802.11ac but not on the One Max?

Yep and how the hell does it only weigh 130 grams?  Hell, the note 3 weighs around 168 grams, something definitely isn't right.

Edit:  LOL, definitely fake, the dimensions of the device is also considerably smaller than the note 3 as well.  

• Like 1

There has been some news that the One Max will be able to individually identify each finger on your hand and open specific apps with them. 

Does that mean I can get the five finger discount on the HTC One Max?

AJ

• Like 1

The phone as the One is awesome, as the MAX, a flop. S600 should be a S800, should have a stylus, should be tri-band. I think HTC just finalized their doom. Hopefully there is a market for a phablet without a stylus.

I don't think the phone is going to be a flop. The s600 won't be the down fall either. HTC should have included s pen type features that's what is going to make people choose a different device.

The lack of tri band is what's keeping me from purchasing this device.

The phone as the One is awesome, as the MAX, a flop. S600 should be a S800, should have a stylus, should be tri-band. I think HTC just finalized their doom. Hopefully there is a market for a phablet without a stylus.

While it may not be a must buy for me, I wouldn't necessarily say its a flop.  Most people I know that owns a note 2/3 can count on one hand how many times they have used their s-pen and the rest simply don't use it at all.  Also other than us enthusiasts, no one knows what an s600 or s800 is much less the difference between the two.  

While it may not be a must buy for me, I wouldn't necessarily say its a flop.  Most people I know that owns a note 2/3 can count on one hand how many times they have used their s-pen and the rest simply don't use it at all.  Also other than us enthusiasts, no one knows what an s600 or s800 is much less the difference between the two.  

It's TrI-Band! That's another thing it has over the Note 3!!!

• Like 3

It's also on AT&T and Verizon.

• AT&T: 700/850/AWS/1900/2600 MHz
  • Sprint: FDD 800/1900 MHz, TDD 2600 MHz
  • Verizon: 700/AWS MHz

And they are world phones! 

2G/ 2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE:
  • 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G - UMTS/ HSPA:
  • EMEA: 900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
  • Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
  • AT&T: 850/1900/2100 with HSPA+ up to 21 Mbps
  • Sprint: 1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps
  • Verizon: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps
3G - CDMA
  • 800/1900 MHz for Sprint and Verizon
  • Like 3

ENGADGET WAS WRONG! HTC's website shows Tri-Band. You have to go through the UK site!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/htc-one-max/#specs

• Sprint: FDD 800/1900 MHz, TDD 2600 MHz
I know what my next phone is!!!!

Definitely getting this phone on launch day. Engadget had me depressed for an hour or so.

• Like 3