HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I was so excited about the One max considering I loved the HTC One, and would've gotten it had my contract been up. I was hoping the One max would be a new flagship like the Note 3 (which improved upon the S4 in imaginable every way, with a faster processor, better screen, better camera, and 3 gigs of RAM, not to mention Android 4.3 with new S Pen features), instead of just taking the 4 month old specs of the One and stuffing it into a larger, less awesome design. I'm talking about the snapdragon 600, the 2 gigs of RAM (yes, 3 GB is super rare today, but I was hoping for a future proof phone), same screen quality, and a worse camera (no OIS) in a gargantuan 5.9 inch heavy form factor that is super fat (10.3 mm) and absolutely unwieldy. They took the greatest part of the One, the aluminum unibody design, and compromised it with plastic on the sides and front, like the One mini. Sure, it has an SD card slot, but that appears to be the only thing going for this phone. BoomSound with a beautiful 5.9" (if a bit old) HTC S-LCD 3 1080p screen is an amazing media experience, but in every other way this device fails as a phone.

Thank goodness the government shutdown has been delayed for at least another 3 months or so.  The FCC database is back up so I am expecting to see the HTC One Max for Verizon and Sprint hit the FCC database soon.  All you FCC database gurus start the hunting.

• Like 2

Thank goodness the government shutdown has been delayed for at least another 3 months or so.  The FCC database is back up so I am expecting to see the HTC One Max for Verizon and Sprint hit the FCC database soon.  All you FCC database gurus start the hunting.

The VZW variant HTC One max was submitted to the FCC OET prior to the shutdown.  It has been authorized for the last two weeks.

AJ

The VZW variant HTC One max was submitted to the FCC OET prior to the shutdown.  It has been authorized for the last two weeks.

AJ

I presume then that the Sprint version hasn't made it yet.

I presume then that the Sprint version hasn't made it yet.

Sprint? We do not care any longer. With Robert's move to Rapid City, we are now VZW4GRU.

AJ

• Like 4

Sprint? We do not care any longer. With Robert's move to Rapid City, we are now VZW4GRU.AJ

May it never be!!!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Yeah, the htc website confirmed that a week ago.

• Like 1

Yeah, the htc website confirmed that a week ago.

I give more weight to the FCC filing, marketing teams have been known to get things/spec wrong on the mfg website.

Now if we can just confirm a sale date

Edited by bitslizer

How does the RF radio perform compared to the other tri band devices?

Test measurements do not look good.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm really hoping that someone is able to do a pretty accurate comparison of reception between available bands between the one max and the s4 mini, cause i'm buying whichever preforms better! I do remember Robert stating that the galaxy victory is one of the best lte phones when it came to reception, and I'm hoping that the mini follows in its footsteps.