HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Yes. There's far too much focus on specs and features in the smartphone world, and not enough focus on user experience. 

There should be more focus on solving actual pain points people have, IMO.

• Like 1

Another thing worth noting is that the picture of the One Max that is used for the 360 view thing, is of an AT&T model. It says quite obviously, AT&T in the notification bar and has the 4G logo there. lol

So much for hiding that it'll be available for AT&T.

The fact that this phone is a triband is a huge plus for me, but i'm always concerned about the reception. After getting burned by the evo lte I'll wait until I read on some user experiences on voice and data reception. The fact that there is an antenna visible in photos on the inside cover doesn't sit well with me either...

• Like 2

The fact that this phone is a triband is a huge plus for me, but i'm always concerned about the reception. After getting burned by the evo lte I'll wait until I read on some user experiences on voice and data reception. The fact that there is an antenna visible in photos on the inside cover doesn't sit well with me either...

You could see the antenna connector on the inside cover for the EVO LTE.

If anything you could just ignore it pretend it doesn't exist :P

-Luis

I'm worried about the actual reception as well. This was a huge problem on the HTC EVO LTE.

I'd also be wary about the charging port. My OG Evo and my brother's both lasted about 20 months before the charging port failure. When I researched it, it seemed to be a common HTC problem dating back to the Verizon Thunderbolt.

I'm worried about the actual reception as well. This was a huge problem on the HTC EVO LTE.

I'd also be wary about the charging port. My OG Evo and my brother's both lasted about 20 months before the charging port failure. When I researched it, it seemed to be a common HTC problem dating back to the Verizon Thunderbolt.

My wife and I both have HTC Evo 3Ds, have had them for about 26 months now but have had no issues with the USB port. Now, our Samsung Moments both had issues with the USB port shortly after the year mark.

Ever since the ICS update, my battery life has been a joke. I get maybe 3-4 hours of standby time and about 1 1/2 hours of moderate browsing time until it shuts completely off on me. My 3G has been strong but my 4G has actually gotten worse and either times out when it connects or just doesn't connect despite knowing I used to connect before in areas. When I got this phone, I was pulling 12-16 mbps on 4G at home. Now, it is literally slower than my 3G connection.

• Like 1

Also the EVO LTE struggles really hard to play games like wildblood(awesome game by the way). Battery life goes to the toilet playing 3D games and getting really hot to the point where it will turn it self off. I'm talking 1 hour of game play or sooner. Its really showing its age. Stand by time is still great though.

Ever since the ICS update, my battery life has been a joke. I get maybe 3-4 hours of standby time and about 1 1/2 hours of moderate browsing time until it shuts completely off on me. My 3G has been strong but my 4G has actually gotten worse and either times out when it connects or just doesn't connect despite knowing I used to connect before in areas. When I got this phone, I was pulling 12-16 mbps on 4G at home. Now, it is literally slower than my 3G connection.

I wonder if it was an ICS issue for that generation of phones. The Epic Touch (S2) had the same issues. People who didn't update to ICS from GB were fine. I sold my S2 right after the update because battery life was so bad.

• Like 1

Those of you discussing the LTEVO are really not quite up to date on how the changes to both reception and performance of the recent phones such as the HTC One and max has improved.  For the most part, the one has had much better overall performance than the LTEVO, which was better than the EVO 4g.  Performance wise, the one has been phenominal and you can read about it in the htc one thread. 

• Like 1

The EVO LTE was a great performer to until apps started to catch up in graphics slowing the S4 processor down and I suspect that this will be the fate of the snapdragon 600 sometime next year. The 800 is more future proof.

Those of you discussing the LTEVO are really not quite up to date on how the changes to both reception and performance of the recent phones such as the HTC One and max has improved. For the most part, the one has had much better overall performance than the LTEVO, which was better than the EVO 4g. Performance wise, the one has been phenominal and you can read about it in the htc one thread.

• Like 1

The EVO LTE was a great performer to until apps started to catch up in graphics slowing the S4 processor down and I suspect that this will be the fate of the snapdragon 600 sometime next year. The 800 is more future proof.

Future proof?  If you are not upgrading but every 2 years then wait, but you will still be behind after 6 months. apps that slow a machine down are ment for the next big thing, if you don't want that to happen, then save your money and upgrade everytime a new shiney comes out. 

I'm going to make a terrible assumption here and say that the s600 and s800 are probably like the i5 and i7 respectively in that yeah the i7 is probably more efficient, but the i5 will do the same just not as quickly. 

Future proof? If you are not upgrading but every 2 years then wait, but you will still be behind after 6 months. apps that slow a machine down are ment for the next big thing, if you don't want that to happen, then save your money and upgrade everytime a new shiney comes out.

I'm going to make a terrible assumption here and say that the s600 and s800 are probably like the i5 and i7 respectively in that yeah the i7 is probably more efficient, but the i5 will do the same just not as quickly.

I hope your right and we are past the days where processors are basically outdated in 6 months to a year.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I hope your right and we are past the days where processors are basically outdated in 6 months to a year.

Do not treat your handset as a "GameBoy." Problem solved. If you want a gaming system, get an actual gaming system.

AJ

• Like 2

I certainly will not. I get to addicted to the games and nothing gets done in my life. You try and play a graphic intensive game on the EVO LTE for one hour then you will see. The answer to my solution is to get a new phone which I am doing but Nov 8 doesn't seem close at this point.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

According to android central, you can unlock the one max with your nipples! Amazing! What will HTC think of next??

Next will be DNA unlock.  Just pluck a hair and insert into the DNA-hole.  It won't be used against you, promise.

From phonescoop:

"One thing that's a bit disappointing is the lack of multitasking. Even Samsung's 5-inch Galaxy S4 can operate in split-screen mode and run two apps at once. Why can't the One max? There are no cool or innovative multitasking tools that take advantage of the expanded real estate and that's a shame. If ever there was a device begging for a split-screen mode, it is the max. 

It terms of performance, I never found the max's processor gasping for breath. The max has a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, with each core clocked at 1.7GHz. The processor is paired with 2GB of RAM. The Snapdragon 600 didn't have any trouble conquering task after task. I ran it through a battery of multitasking tests and it passed with flying colors. If you're worried that the max doesn't have a Snapdragon 800 under the hood, don't be. The max went toe-to-toe with the One, Note 3, and other phones without blinking. "

The 600 doesn't seem to be the problem, at least currently (although things may change in the next few months). The problem is that HTC didn't really think of anything that takes advantage of the additional screen size other than having more viewing space.

I must be the only weirdo who thinks split screen isnt very useful. I just don't use it. I switch back and forth between apps using the Home long press feature. And that works for me.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I must be the only weirdo who thinks split screen isnt very useful. I just don't use it. I switch back and forth between apps using the Home long press feature. And that works for me.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I use it when I'm writing reports or presentations for work. I can have a browser open to research or find the necessary pictures, text, etc.

I can see how it wouldnt be use that often by the average consumer though.

I use it when I'm writing reports or presentations for work. I can have a browser open to research or find the necessary pictures, text, etc.

I can see how it wouldnt be use that often by the average consumer though.

Your vision must be FANTASTIC.

• Like 1