Report: Sprint Deal Unlikely to Get Past Clearwire Shareholders

cletus

She is a beligerantly delusional sow if she truly believes Dan Hesse is the reason Sprint's stock price plummeted.  To be the expert she purports herself to be, she clearly knows nothing about sprint's culture or the financial or cultural challenges it has faced. 

She can't be trusted and she's not worth the clicks or comments from any of us.  It will clearly just entice her to be even shitaeous. 

I'm giving her one chance at the benefit of the doubt. We'll see if she listens. If not? No big loss.

I had my battles with Joan Lap pin back in October 2011. I have given up dealing with her. She is unreasonably over the top on Clearwire. She's an odd duck with a funky quack.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 5

I had my battles with Joan Lap pin back in October 2011. I have given up dealing with her. She is unreasonably over the top on Clearwire. She's an odd duck with a funky quack.

How much spectrum did Verizon bid for? That will give you an idea of what Clearwire's spectrum is worth.

Edited by bigsnake49

How much spectrum did Verizon bid for? That will give you an idea of what Clearwire's spectrum is worth.

My issues with Joan had nothing to do with spectrum valuation, but Sprint's first right of refusal of CLWR spectrum sales and that Sprint actually has filed liens against the spectrum to protect their position.

That being said, Verizon's bid really doesn't do much to value the spectrum. They can afford to make a red herring offer to cause disruption. We all know they have an ulterior motive to try to value that spectrum. To disrupt the purchase deals for Clearwire and to also to help get the spectrum counted in any screens.

It was a chess move. Verizon's bid for EBS leases really just gives a value to what Verizon is willing to pay to upset the apple cart, not really a value of how much the spectrum is truly worth.

Verizon's bid may or may not be a red herring, but it provides a measuring stick. Just like Sprint's and Dish's bid for Clearwire. I like Hesse, but the formation of Clearwire and its governing rules was a majorly boneheaded move.

• Like 2

Its also absolutely essential to remember that only sprint's offer deals with clear's debt. Verizon wanted spectrum and Dish wanted spectrum+ strategic partnership. Neither of those transactions provide a clear trajectory for how clear would survive as an independent broadband reseller, given their track record. In a Dish/Clear parnership, I would also be shocked if Dish allowed clear to re-sell in markets Ergen felt "belonged" to him

• Like 1

Verizon's bid may or may not be a red herring, but it provides a measuring stick. Just like Sprint's and Dish's bid for Clearwire. I like Hesse, but the formation of Clearwire and its governing rules was a majorly boneheaded move.

I wholeheartedly agree. Considering the investment of money and spectrum, and the sheer mass of ownership stake that Sprint had in Clearwire, to give Clearwire mangement so much autonomy and the minority shareholders so much power...well, it's just amazingly boneheaded as you describe.

Also, I could blast Crest for taking everything CLWR management said at face value and not coming up with plans that would keep it viable earlier. These guys showed they have no clue what they are doing. They just thought "Oh, all this spectrum...PROFIT!" And didn't have a clue about what it would have took to build all that out.

Crest has hit a new low. Their new strategy is to attempt to get Comast, Intel, and Bright not included in the minority vote that sprint needs to complete the transaction.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/28/us-clearwire-sprint-crest-idUSBRE94R0I720130528

That'll fall apart fast. Crest is run by a bunch of greedy morons who want gold for something that's worthless because Clearwire is financed to the hilt. They should be excluded from voting if Comcast, Intel, and Bright House are excluded.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Dish Network to Raise Its Bid for Clearwire

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323728204578513792942569854.html

Link is no good.  Try this:  http://www.4-traders.com/DISH-NETWORK-CORP-4870/news/DISH-Network-Corp-DISH-Network-Announces-Tender-Offer-in-Letter-to-Clearwire-Board-of-Directors-16915476/

What is up with this.  This is bad for Sprint which Clearwire is set to vote this Friday.

I do not think the current Sprint deal will be enough. I wonder if they do not just wait until the Standstill Agreement ends.  Dish is definitely desperate, which is probably why they are willing to continue this bidding war. It is probably smarter for Sprint to wait it out instead of engaging. 

Read the letter. Charlie wants to buy as many shareholders out as he can @4.40. Basically, "why sell to sprint @3.40 when you can sell to me @4.40? His ignorance about wireless, leverage, and lunacy makes him a rancid and poisonous part of sprints future. Sprint and Softbank may prevail in the end, but it wont be without spending far more money than should reasonably be spent. Im really sad for sprint. They just cant catch a break.

This is also evidence that he doubts his offer for sprint will be successful.

Regardless of what happens, im sure he will also be right there bidding everything hes got when the PCS spectrum comes up for auction and later whatever else. Everything is personal for him

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

Charlie is like that drunk guy in the club constantly trying to hit on your girl and get in your face. You try and be cool because you don't want to get kicked out, but he just keeps on and keeps on until you finally just say to hell with it and beat the living crap out of him. What's the "nuclear option" for Sprint & SoftBank to get rid of this pest once and for all?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 7

Has softbank publicly acknowledged that the Softbank/Sprint deal is dependent on whether they acquire Clearwire outright?  If so then that plan is definitely backfiring on Softbank's face. 

As Dish's attempts at getting Sprint grow dimmer with the national security issue resolved today, it seems that Dish can throw any arbitrary number higher than $3.40 to block the vote for Clearwire given that Softbank might say "No" if it can't get Clearwire with the Sprint package.  Its genius if you ask me.  It helps stall time to give Sprint more time to consider the Dish bid if they know Softbank would drop out if they don't get Clearwire.

I am confused though, how can Dish still acquire Clearwire if Sprint still has majority vote on the company and they would obviously vote "No" on that deal?  It seems like a DOA proposition and Dish is just trying to drive the price up.  Why doesn't Dish just propose an outrageous number like $10/share and stop playing the cat and mouse game.

I do not think the current Sprint deal will be enough. I wonder if they do not just wait until the Standstill Agreement ends.  Dish is definitely desperate, which is probably why they are willing to continue this bidding war. It is probably smarter for Sprint to wait it out instead of engaging. 

What is the "standstill agreement"?  Is this the thing about some period expires in November where it only needs 50% of the vote instead of 75%?

What is the "standstill agreement"?  Is this the thing about some period expires in November where it only needs 50% of the vote instead of 75%?

It is an agreement that prevented Sprint from changing clearwire bylaws for 5 years. The 5 years ends at the end of November this year. It would allow Sprint to change the bylaws with a 66 2/3 % vote, which I believe Masayoshi Son said sprint has control of 68% of the vote. Sprint could reduce the 75% requirement. 

• Like 1

We will only know on Friday if Clearwire will vote in favor of the $3.40 best offer by Sprint or they will play hard ball which Softbank had said will not allow Clearwire into bankruptcy.  November is only 5 months out.  How much will it cost Softbank to keep Clearwire alive for 5 months?

Charlie is like that drunk guy in the club constantly trying to hit on your girl and get in your face. You try and be cool because you don't want to get kicked out, but he just keeps on and keeps on until you finally just say to hell with it and beat the living crap out of him. What's the "nuclear option" for Sprint & SoftBank to get rid of this pest once and for all?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Softbank buys Dish and kicks Charlie to the curb. :P

• Like 2

Softbank buys Dish and kicks Charlie to the curb. :P

Think Crest is greedy? Ergen would want a mint for that pig. Everything is personal for him. If he liked you, he might just want a mint. For Mr Son? He would want the GDP of a small country

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.