HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I got that after one of the many drops this thing has been threw. Restarted and dropped many more times and it never came back.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

So you saying dropping it is how to fixed it? :lol:

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

I got that after one of the many drops this thing has been threw.

Oh, so now you are throwing your phone?  Yeah, you are getting reported.  Your phones will be taken from you and placed in protective custody.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Oh, so now you are throwing your phone? Yeah, you are getting reported. Your phones will be taken from you and placed in protective custody.

AJ

I didn't do half bad for being drunk but yes it has been thrown a few times. I had an old Samsung flip phone threw halfway across Walmart once and it was still kicking. I dropped that thing within 5 minutes of turning it on the first time. It took a week to drop my one for the first time so I'm getting better.

I didn't do half bad for being drunk but yes it has been thrown a few times. I had an old Samsung flip phone threw halfway across Walmart once and it was still kicking. I dropped that thing within 5 minutes of turning it on the first time. It took a week to drop my one for the first time so I'm getting better.

Must be that crazy life as a Juggalo!

It's had a decent amount of faygo on it but it gets wiped off quickly. But I only drink heavily every couple months. Nothing bad happens to the phone when I'm drunk.

• Like 1

Looking at different forums, it seems the Verizon One has the same issue with holding an LTE signal as ours do. Oh well.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. It's soooo much worse than my LG OG, and even my GNEX which I thought had bad rf issues.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. It's soooo much worse than my LG OG, and even my GNEX which I thought had bad rf issues.Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I'm honestly not surprised. At this point I'm ready just to get something else just because of the RF issues. The One is definitely improved from the EVO LTE but honestly that didn't take much. I don't know if this is actually a design issue with HTC phones in general or what. I feel the radio is maybe a little to responsive in to the fact of reporting RSRP values. My One is always fluctuating when just sitting where as my wife's GS3 will maybe go up or down 1.

I do love how my HTC One feels and I do love Sense but just the RF performance frustrates me. I think I'm ready to give something Samsung a try. After hearing about the Note 2 performance I think I'm going to give the Note 3 a try. Especially if it's triband.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I'm honestly not surprised. At this point I'm ready just to get something else just because of the RF issues. The One is definitely improved from the EVO LTE but honestly that didn't take much. I don't know if this is actually a design issue with HTC phones in general or what. I feel the radio is maybe a little to responsive in to the fact of reporting RSRP values. My One is always fluctuating when just sitting where as my wife's GS3 will maybe go up or down 1.

I do love how my HTC One feels and I do love Sense but just the RF performance frustrates me. I think I'm ready to give something Samsung a try. After hearing about the Note 2 performance I think I'm going to give the Note 3 a try. Especially if it's triband.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Yea a note 3 or LG og 2 is my future, luckily I have my upgrade but hopefully I can pick up one of those from work for free. If not I'll use my upgrade.

I honestly love everything about my one but the fact that I have to be constantly on top of my network connection and do 50 airplane modes a day when my last phones never dropped lte at work where I'm 50 hours a week or at home really bugs me.

I honestly love everything about my one but the fact that I have to be constantly on top of my network connection and do 50 airplane modes a day when my last phones never dropped lte at work where I'm 50 hours a week or at home really bugs me. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Must be differences in the network, but I don't seem to have the same issues with my ONE. Once I'm in an area that has LTE coverage, it grabs onto the signal and holds on pretty well. Essentially anywhere I go in Kansas City, it stays connected, everywhere my GS3 did, and in more places than me EVO LTE did.

• Like 1

Must be differences in the network, but I don't seem to have the same issues with my ONE. Once I'm in an area that has LTE coverage, it grabs onto the signal and holds on pretty well. Essentially anywhere I go in Kansas City, it stays connected, everywhere my GS3 did, and in more places than me EVO LTE did.

Yeah same here, no issues at all when it comes to connecitivity with my One.  I still have minor issues here and there with my evo but thats to be expected.

• Like 1

It's not terrible.  I'm really not sure as this and the Evo LTE are the only LTE devices I've had.  In comparing to my wife's S3, I've seen instances where I have 4G and she doesn't, and vice versa.  So it might just be the Sprint network in its infancy.  I've also seen my wife's phone hang on to 4g but pull sub-par speeds while my One goes back to 3g.  It's just that 3g is soooo much slower than a weak signal.  But looking at the Signal Check app on both the S3 and my One, the S3 usually has a better signal by between -2 and -10 dbs, which leads me to believe it's the phone.

So the answer is, who really knows???!!!

What would really be depressing is if the new tri-band phones still have issues.  (altho we said the same about the One having issues last year... lol)

It would have been nice to have these choices when it was initially released but its good to see sprint getting lots of love with the various color options.  No carrier at this moment will have 4 different colors to chose from other than sprint.

• Like 1

Now that SoftBank owns 78% of Sprint I wonder when making phone does for color, exclusivity, etc Son says "if you give Sprint the advantage we will buy more at SoftBanks end. Favoring Sprint in the US in exchange for increased business in Japan

It would have been nice to have these choices when it was initially released but its good to see sprint getting lots of love with the various color options.  No carrier at this moment will have 4 different colors to chose from other than sprint.

Sprint is the new Rainbow Coalition. Now, can we get Jesse Jackson to endorse Sprint?

AJ

Sprint is the new Rainbow Coalition. Now, can we get Jesse Jackson to endorse Sprint?

AJ

Who the hell cares about Jesse Jackson has to say?

Trolololol

On the rich man's HTC, sipping on some Moonshine.

Has anyone been experiencing issues with HTC One (particularly in Michigan)?  I've been experiencing loss of 3G data from time to time.  Maybe it has to do with NV work being done here?  

It will drop 3G data (voice only) for about 20 to 30 seconds or so, then re-connect again....

Has anyone been experiencing issues with HTC One (particularly in Michigan)?  I've been experiencing loss of 3G data from time to time.  Maybe it has to do with NV work being done here?  

It will drop 3G data (voice only) for about 20 to 30 seconds or so, then re-connect again....

Mine does this too in certain areas.  I usually have a very strong signal, but it will take ages to reconnect the 3G data.  Seems to happen most often between towers.  It's frustrating because most of the towers this happens on are in a launched market (Kingsport, TN) or on others towers that have been 3G/4G upgraded just outside that market.  I have two One's and it happens on both.  My understanding was that NV upgrades should have eliminated this kind of problem.  800MHZ launch wont do anything for this problem either :/