HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I came across this article and I am curious as to if it would work for the Sprint variant. As HTC announced they would try to get Google Edition on early adopters of the One. Maybe those of you who are ROM experience can shed some light. The author even included the link to download the ROM.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/6/26/htc-releases-htc-one-google-edition2c-rom2c-and-htc-8xt-for-sprint.aspx

Just scanning the article seems as though you can buy an HTC One Google edition directly from Google.

The ROM source code will be used to run the Google Version if you already own the device with Sense 5. Will require root and preferably s-off to flash and use.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

It'll be a relatively easy port for us CDMA users, to use. There are already GSM roms made to work on our Sprint devices.

Shouldn't need s-off at all but I don't see why anyone that can root their device doesn't s-off. You don't even need a computer to us the Revone method. :blink:

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My evo is rooted with s-on. I couldn't figure out how to do it haha.

All the Evo's were easy. The One, is easier than easy, really simple. I think I s-off'd 18 EVO LTE's, lots of Panda and Racun fed. I did one over Desktop for Chrome for a buddy. :)

I only have windows 7 computers. Any hints for me to do it? I'm running twrp with stock with goodies ROM.

Yes, use this method >>Revone s-off

Edited by mrrogers1

Sorry, I'm a little confused. This method is for the One right? I'm still rocken the evo lte, or does this work for both devices?

Sorry man, this is a One thread and there is stock goodies for the One as well, didn't think you'd be talking about the LTE but go to xda in the LTE forums, I think there are 2 methods for W7 even though Unlimited.io dropped windows support. You could also try Linux from a USB drive, it works great.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. This method is for the One right? I'm still rocken the evo lte, or does this work for both devices?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2321072

Moonshine s-off, for firmware 3.16 for EVO LTE ONLY. NOT FOR HTC ONE.

Windows supported. Easiest s-off for EVO LTE yet.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

I just noticed the strangest thing. With an Incipio Dual Pro Shine, there's a noticeable drop in signal. I thought I was crazy but I could tell quite a difference with the case on vs. off by looking at the dbs. The silicone had a minimal impact, probably within a margin of error, but the plastic shell that goes over it had the largest impact on signal with a drop of about 10+ dbs. In my case (no pun intended) it had an effect on acquiring a 4g signal as well.

Edited by Jaggrey

I just noticed the strangest thing. With an Incipio Dual Pro Shine, there's a noticeable drop in signal. I thought I was crazy but I could tell quite a difference with the case on vs. off by looking at the dbs. The silicone had a minimal impact, probably within a margin of error, but the plastic shell that goes over it had the largest impact on signal with a drop of about 10+ dbs. In my case (no pun intended) it had an effect on acquiring a 4g signal as well.

Dang, making me double think picking up the ONE. I was going to go pick it up tomorrow...I wonder if the commuter otterbox would have the same affect.

Dang, making me double think picking up the ONE. I was going to go pick it up tomorrow...I wonder if the commuter otterbox would have the same affect.

This always happens with the Incipio Dual Pro Shine. I've had them for the iPhone 5, GS3 and HTC One X and they all dropped signal performance. I think the brushed aluminum is real which would attentuate signal.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

This always happens with the Incipio Dual Pro Shine. I've had them for the iPhone 5, GS3 and HTC One X and they all dropped signal performance. I think the brushed aluminum is real which would attentuate signal.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Funny cuz the case doesn't really feel like it; it just feels like plastic. I have the carbon fiber one coming in soon; hopefully that doesn't have the same effect.

I just got the UAG in White yesterday and it doesn't affect signal at all, in fact signal seems to be a little better as opposed to when I was using the Double Dip Flip. I would def say to check it out, the industrial design is the best and it's super light but solid.

-Luis

I just got the UAG in White yesterday and it doesn't affect signal at all, in fact signal seems to be a little better as opposed to when I was using the Double Dip Flip. I would def say to check it out, the industrial design is the best and it's super light but solid.

-Luis

That case does look cool, but I thought it would be a little too industrial looking for my tastes. I'd like to see it in person but I haven't seen it anywhere locally.

I know this was covered at some point, does the one support svdo? I know once lte coverage is more concentrated it won't matter but for the time being at don't have lte in many places.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, not over 3G like the EVO LTE and S3. It'll still do it over wifi and LTE iirc.

My dad showed me he got 4g in our driveway on my old s3.. hope radio update helps the HTC one (when ever its updated)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

They can update the radio? Didn't know that. I really just want 2.2.. Hope they get that out soon!

I finally bit the bullet and though the HTC One, coming from the EVO lte. I love the phone so far. I don't miss the recent app at all. I haven't set up blinkfeed yet to see how I like it. I got a cruzerlite case but I will replace it soon with a commuter.

I finally bit the bullet and though the HTC One, coming from the EVO lte. I love the phone so far. I don't miss the recent app at all. I haven't set up blinkfeed yet to see how I like it. I got a cruzerlite case but I will replace it soon with a commuter.

Double tap for Recent App (if you hadn't found that already) and s-off and root it and you'll have the option if using the HTC logo as a menu button and ditch the 3 dot menus.

Welcome to the One Club.