T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Corporate soap opera, I love it!!! And here I thought it was a Latin American telenovella, when Sprint's board rejected the Metro merger. I thought that Sprint should have merged with Metro and Leap to shore up their midband spectrum position, but then who am I to suggest such things?

1) as a tmus sub living in a soon to be shuttered metro market, I'm happy for the sprint board's blunder. Shows Hesse was at least a minor genius.

2) man oh man those mergers would've helped! Enough spectrum for (at least) another 10mhz pcs for lte in the metro areas in addition to g block. Even if not contiguous, would've helped greatly.

Don't forget the money selling the AWS would've gotten. Look at aws3 auction!!!!!! 3-way bidding for INSTANTLY deployable spectrum.

Would've resulted in much weaker tmus maybe even weak enough for merger to have been allowed?

They're gonna keep h+42 in pcs for m2m, older phones, international roaming, maybe wearables.

Unless they bought the g block to make 20x20 + 10x10, my guess is they trade 5x5 AWS for pcs once AWS h+ is shutdown.

PCS G-block? That's the 5mhz that Sprint is using for LTE on 1900.

Soooo lemme get this straight... He talks about all the ads with the deals designed to atract new customers and then goes off to say that only current T-Mobile customers that have paid their bill on time for a year qualify? All the new customers will still have to deal with large down payments when switching.

Soooo lemme get this straight... He talks about all the ads with the deals designed to atract new customers and then goes off to say that only current T-Mobile customers that have paid their bill on time for a year qualify? All the new customers will still have to deal with large down payments when switching.

Its all a game. Mind games. People will go cray cray chanting tmobile legerre as the best CEO ever.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Its all a game. Mind games. People will go cray cray chanting tmobile legerre as the best CEO ever.

Haven't many sprint subs here complained that despite being a sprint customer for years they're still paying some $5/month penalty for having a low credit score?

Haven't many sprint subs here complained that despite being a sprint customer for years they're still paying some $5/month penalty for having a low credit score?

I don't know. I've never heard about that.

Welcome to today...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6769-account-spending-limit/

AJ

In related news, T-Mobile has just posted employment ads for repo men who will go knock on doors of crummy apartments.

"Hello, sir/ma'am.  I'm from T-Mobile.  I have to collect $xx toward your overdue phone repayment today.  Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to repossess your phone."

:P

AJ

• Like 1

In related news, T-Mobile has just posted employment ads for repo men who will go knock on doors of crummy apartments.

"Hello, sir/ma'am.  I'm from T-Mobile.  I have to collect $xx toward your overdue phone repayment today.  Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to repossess your phone."

:P

AJ

Jude Law is their first employee.

• Like 1

They weren't going to get better down payment deals elsewhere anyway. This gives them a path to getting good deals later. Hell, if they've bought a phone upfront to hold onto for a year, they can save some money while they prepare for that date in which they are moved to the "prime" bucket.

But this also affects all existing customers that haven't been re-evaluated. This will drastically raise the prime to subprime mix from ~55% to probably around 70% or so.

I liked that he did a video and didn't curse or act like a fool in it. Wish Marcelo would do the same (doing videos I mean).

I quite like how legere acts and i hope he keeps acting that way. i could tell he wanted to swear really bad in the video and i wish he had.

That's the account spending limit. The fee is dropped if you enroll in auto pay and ebill.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I quite like how legere acts and i hope he keeps acting that way. i could tell he wanted to swear really bad in the video and i wish he had.

Why? Because it's "cool" for a CEO to curse?

• Like 5

Legere cursing and his industry changing moves are two different things. He could have done the latter without the former... I can't believe the sheer number of people who think the two are linked when they aren't. 

• Like 3

I love how the T-Mobile apologists are brushing this very public tiff between the DT CEO and TM-US CEO. Let's face it, your parent company does not want you, they're trying to get rid of you. Tim thinks John is a buffoon. Now, I'm not trying to bash T-Mobile which has accomplished a lot in a very short time. I actually admire them for their LTE deployment execution . Bravo!!! But it's funny to see the excuses given in this thread and others in other sites. "Maybe he was misquoted". No he was not misquoted. He knows razor thin margins do not work in a capex heavy industry in the long term. I mean Verizon's margins fell from 44% to 42% and there was a hue and cry among the analysts. T-Mobile and Sprint would literally kill for margins like that, almost twice as much as they are making. Tim does not want to be in this market anymore, period, end of story!

Edited by bigsnake49

I love how the T-Mobile apologists are brushing this very public tiff between the DT CEO and TM-US CEO. Let's face it, your parent company does not want you, they're trying to get rid of you. Tim thinks John is a buffoon. Now, I'm not trying to bash T-Mobile which has accomplished a lot in a very short time. I actually admire them for their LTE deployment execution . Bravo!!! But it's funny to see the excuses given in this thread and others in other sites. "Maybe he was misquoted". No he was not misquoted. He knows razor thin margins do not work in a capex heavy industry in the long term. I mean Verizon's margins fell from 44% to 42% and there was a hue and cry among the analysts. T-Mobile and Sprint would literally kill for margins like that, almost twice as much as they are making. Tim does not want to be in this market anymore, period, end of story!

Pardon me but I don't see a huge difference between Sprint's balance sheet and T-Mo US's balance sheet. What DT wants is fatter margins. They're already at break even but clearly that is not enough for them. They want fat, confiscatory carrier profits like what they get in the fatherland. 

The major point is this country can support four providers - Timmy just wants the SoftBank sale so he can get the fat capital gain. 

• Like 5

Whoop dee do. What has DTs ownership done for tmus? Maybe a bit: global roaming, getting the iPhone.

But going forward? Is DT pumping in money to tmus? No. They're just holding shares waiting for a republican to get elected. People freak out for tmus' future at the thought of DT selling but someone tell me: what does tmus gain from DT holding 67% of shares?