T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

AT&T's UMTS voice network is inferior, coverage wise, to Verizon's CDMA. Now, their LTE networks might end up being equal as both of them have nationwide spectrum.  And I thought that the Alltel roaming deal expires in 2016.

The Alltel roaming agreement does expire on July 1, 2016.

• Like 1

Another benefit of moving to VoLTE is that many network operators have (or will have) LTE networks on frequencies much lower than their traditional voice networks. This is particularly true for T-Mobile which, apart from a single CMA in SC, has absolutely no CLR 850. Their VoLTE coverage on 600 & 700A should be much more extensive than their GSM/W-CDMA coverage on AWS and PCS.

To a much smaller degree, this is also true for Sprint. While a deal may be reached with Mexico by 2016, there seems to be little hope the Canadian IBEZ will go away anytime soon. Sprint certainly seems to think that is the case, since they chose not to put up antennas for SMR at many sites near the Canadian border (but they did near Mexico).

The Alltel roaming agreement does expire on July 1, 2016.

Any word on what Sprint's plan is after then? An organic build-out spaced for 600 MHz LTE and SMR (including protection sites for PCS G) shouldn't be too costly.

People seem to be upset with the possibility of Sprint buying T-Mobile, but are the other opportunities for DT to sell out here good in any way shape or form?

Dish has interesting technology and spectrum, but on the flip side, Charlie Ergen. 

Comcast is horrible in ways that I really don't need to explain. 

I don't get why the Magenta fans don't wake up and realize that Sprint/SoftBank might be the least bad option. Though if TMUS becomes really profitable, it might make the most sense for DT to hold in place. 

Conan had really good comments on the relationship between TMo and it's parent on the Vector podcast he was on with Rene Ritchie.

People seem to be upset with the possibility of Sprint buying T-Mobile, but are the other opportunities for DT to sell out here good in any way shape or form?

Dish has interesting technology and spectrum, but on the flip side, Charlie Ergen.

Comcast is horrible in ways that I really don't need to explain.

I don't get why the Magenta fans don't wake up and realize that Sprint/SoftBank might be the least bad option. Though if TMUS becomes really profitable, it might make the most sense for DT to hold in place.

Conan had really good comments on the relationship between TMo and it's parent on the Vector podcast he was on with Rene Ritchie.

#magentans don't want sprint because the few that came from sprint have had nothing but bad experiences. Also, most of them are Nicole Richie intelligent. Magentans are part of Legerres cult now and they think he's the supreme overlord. I've rEad hundreds of comments saying they wish that tmobile could just buy sprint, so Legerre could "fix the network vision deployment" and magically make everything happen faster. I think it's nothing but pure ignorance.
  • Like 1

#magentans don't want sprint because the few that came from sprint have had nothing but bad experiences. Also, most of them are Nicole Richie intelligent. Magentans are part of Legerres cult now and they think he's the supreme overlord. I've rEad hundreds of comments saying they wish that tmobile could just buy sprint, so Legerre could "fix the network vision deployment" and magically make everything happen faster. I think it's nothing but pure ignorance.

Every brand seems to have a certain irrational cult fanboy following. Kind of pathetic if you ask me personally. Definitely leads to those purely ignorant and poor founded statements.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Every brand seems to have a certain irrational cult fanboy following. Kind of pathetic if you ask me personally. Definitely leads to those purely ignorant and poor founded statements.

I agree. While I am much more involved with sprint and highly biased towards them because of this forum, I would still not call Hesse or masa my #sprintgod lol. It really is pathetic. I guess if they feel part of something, then more power to them. And that is probably it, that they feel that their decisions are what drives the company. When in reality, whatever makes money drives the company lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I agree. While I am much more involved with sprint and highly biased towards them because of this forum, I would still not call Hesse or masa my #sprintgod lol. It really is pathetic. I guess if they feel part of something, then more power to them. And that is probably it, that they feel that their decisions are what drives the company. When in reality, whatever makes money drives the company lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Someone calls Legere #magentagod?! Just wondering, 'cause I've never see it, and it's ridiculous. 

I do see lots of carrier agnostic people loving what he is doing with the company that used to lose millions of subscribers just two years ago. 

• Like 1

Someone calls Legere #magentagod?! Just wondering, 'cause I've never see it, and it's ridiculous. 

I do see lots of carrier agnostic people loving what he is doing with the company that used to lose millions of subscribers just two years ago. 

Haha no.Some of them just act like he is a superior being. Don't get me wrong, there are people just like that with sprint. That would be insane if someone said magenta god! LOL! 

Of course they were losing subs because they were about to be swallowed up by att, now they are getting some of them back just because the merger failed. Looks like some of that turn around isn't even his doing.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Of course they were losing subs because they were about to be swallowed up by att, now they are getting some of them back just because the merger failed. Looks like some of that turn around isn't even his doing.

If you selectively chose not to acknowledge the entire Uncarrier strategy, and rapid network deployment over the past 18 months, then I guess you have a point...

If you selectively chose not to acknowledge the entire Uncarrier strategy, and rapid network deployment over the past 18 months, then I guess you have a point...

Lol. Just said "some" of it.

Any word on what Sprint's plan is after then? An organic build-out spaced for 600 MHz LTE and SMR (including protection sites for PCS G) shouldn't be too costly.

No word yet on their roaming plan beyond July 2016.  Who knows how long 600 MHz equipment will take to have enough equipment ramped up in production and crews to deploy the 600 MHz spectrum.  I think at this point, Sprint needs to focus on deploying 800 MHz CDMA and LTE like gangbusters between now and July 2016 to close the gap as close as possible.

• Like 2

No word yet on their roaming plan beyond July 2016. Who knows how long 600 MHz equipment will take to have enough equipment ramped up in production and crews to deploy the 600 MHz spectrum. I think at this point, Sprint needs to focus on deploying 800 MHz CDMA and LTE like gangbusters between now and July 2016 to close the gap as close as possible.

I think the costs of this last issue is what has focused Son on a merger and the rural carriers at this time.

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

If the merger goes through, I'd love to see carrier aggregation (so?) between B26 and the TMO band 12. Even if not though, having both these spectrums would definitely help their low frequency position. Granted, I'd pick up as much 600 as I could and then decide later if you should sell one of the others.

That also says that T-Mobile is entering into a long term agreement with Ericsson. Nothing to do with Sprint.

• Like 1

That's for billing services, not anything related to network buildout and deployment.

Yes, your correct.  I read more into it than stated. If it was just you and me I would delete it as it now is a tangent to this thread.

That also says that T-Mobile is entering into a long term agreement with Ericsson. Nothing to do with Sprint.

If there is a merger it could be the first test of power.

If there is a merger it could be the first test of power.

Or cooler heads might prevail and they might make a rational decision based on which platform is more user friendly/extensible, how responsive the vendor is to fixing bugs, maintenance fees/year, how much it will cost them to break the contract and other such reasons.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why is it that people can't wait to buy a new device to pick up the new band on T-Mobile and than they bitch about how you have to buy a new device to take advantage of sprints bands

• Like 12

Why is it that people can't wait to buy a new device to pick up the new band on T-Mobile and than they bitch about how you have to buy a new device to take advantage of sprints bands

People are just going to hate one way or the other for no good reason. I wouldn't give it much thought.

• Like 2

I actually saw someone complaining about their Verizon service in the same way. They had a galaxy nexus in a market with AWS live. They thought they shouldn't have to get a new device to fix their issue with slow speeds.....