digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

I'm hoping that someone can help me out...

I'm reverting from CM10.1 (4.2.2) to Digi's Stock based ROM.  I backed up my internal storage, then wiped everything to have a fresh start.  For some odd reason, I'm now getting a permission denied when trying to ADB push the ROMs zip install file to the internal storage.  I'm running TWRP 2.6.3.0, I've tried pushing to data/media and to /SDCard and always get permission denied.  I've tried pushing to the TWRP folder in that location too.  I've tried doing chmod 755 and 755 to the TWRP folder, but still can't get a copy to complete.

If I try to run ADB shell, I get - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

I've tried adb root too to run adb as root, but that made no difference

I'm dead in the water as my MicroSD is at the office.

Did you flash the "downgrade" zip?

Edit: Wait Nevermind, you're not that far yet.

Try pushing another ROM, just to see if your phone will allow you to do that.

Edited by COZisBack

Did you flash the "downgrade" zip?

Edit: Wait Nevermind, you're not that far yet.

Try pushing another ROM, just to see if your phone will allow you to do that.

i just created the simplest test.txt and still got the permission denied

I don't need the downgrade zip, I wiped my entire internal storage, the SDCard structure will get recreated when the ROM is flashed.

I'm running command prompt as administrator

C:\Users\BallardJ1\Desktop\Oct14_to_DigiBlurRom\Download>adb push t
/media/TWRP
failed to copy 'test.txt' to '/data/media/TWRP': Permission denied
C:\Users\BallardJ1\Desktop\Oct14_to_DigiBlurRom\Download>adb push digiblurROM_20
130602.zip /data/media/TWRP
failed to copy 'digiblurROM_20130602.zip' to '/data/media/TWRP': Permission deni
ed

I ended up having to Odin a stock rooted one click, copy the rom zip, then Odin TWRP, then factory reset/wipe system from recovery, finally install the rom.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I ended up having to Odin a stock rooted one click, copy the rom zip, then Odin TWRP, then factory reset/wipe system from recovery, finally install the rom.

Sounds about right. I usually take the shortcut on TWRP and just install GooManager. But I guess if you're not booting up the Stock Rooted then it's pointless.

Sounds about right. I usually take the shortcut on TWRP and just install GooManager. But I guess if you're not booting up the Stock Rooted then it's pointless.

When I did the one click, I didn't even sign in to my Google account. I configured nothing because I was going to be wiping again. It was Odin or adb shell and do the dd

• Like 1

I'm going back to complete stock this evening. My GPS is acting a fool. Jumping all over the place when I'm using it on routes. Then going to see my homeboy in Service & Repair on Thursday or Friday if nothing changes.

I have tried a bunch of apps for email and I'm not happy with them k-9 aqua etc for my live.com account. So I've been trying to get stock email to work. I've put secExchange.apk in the app folder and still nothing it just spins it wheel and nothing. Any suggestion?

Make sure permissions are correct and it is in the system/app folder.

I just figured it out I had the ROM on internal and external drive for some reason and I kept loading the internal one which didn't have the sec exchange.apk file durrr. Reloaded and boom it worked imagine that. Thanks though digiblur!

Holy crap, I've been fighting with Exchange for 20hrs trying to get my email back up and running.  Then I remembered that digi ripped a ton of apk's out.  Tossed SecExchange.apk back into /system/app, fix permission, reboot and magically email works now :)

• Like 3

Anyone know how to make a widget to go straight to the LTE debug screen? I think I read someone did it but don't remember the details.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4388-How-To---Add-a-home-screen-shortcut-to-the-Debug-Menu&do=findComment&comment=181539

How-To - Add a home screen shortcut to the Debug Menu

• Like 1

Odd one this morning, I was using my phone and the PRL automatically updated, overwriting the custom on from digi with 2006.  I used PRLWrite to put the custom PRL back on, however, I thought that this auto update was stripped out of this ROM

Odd one this morning, I was using my phone and the PRL automatically updated, overwriting the custom on from digi with 2006.  I used PRLWrite to put the custom PRL back on, however, I thought that this auto update was stripped out of this ROM

No, SprintDM is left up to the user to freeze otherwise I'd have people saying a PRL update did not work.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever successfully gotten Hulu Plus working on this ROM?  I could never get it working on CM10.1 and still can't get it here.  App opens, I pick a video, I get the beginning ad or broadcast network message, then it just spins trying to load the video.  Eventually I get a message to try a lower bandwidth option, but it still never loads the video.  Back in the day when I was full stock, I had Hulu working, so I'm wondering if there is a apk that got ripped out that is not allowing video stream decoding.

Has anyone ever successfully gotten Hulu Plus working on this ROM? I could never get it working on CM10.1 and still can't get it here. App opens, I pick a video, I get the beginning ad or broadcast network message, then it just spins trying to load the video. Eventually I get a message to try a lower bandwidth option, but it still never loads the video. Back in the day when I was full stock, I had Hulu working, so I'm wondering if there is a apk that got ripped out that is not allowing video stream decoding.

It works for me on this ROM. I stream Hulu Plus to my TV via Chromecast on my Note II. Works great.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

It works for me on this ROM. I stream Hulu Plus to my TV via Chromecast on my Note II. Works great.

Have you done any other Mods to the ROM?

Nope. All I did was root, then install DigiROM.

Has anyone ever successfully gotten Hulu Plus working on this ROM?  I could never get it working on CM10.1 and still can't get it here.  App opens, I pick a video, I get the beginning ad or broadcast network message, then it just spins trying to load the video.  Eventually I get a message to try a lower bandwidth option, but it still never loads the video.  Back in the day when I was full stock, I had Hulu working, so I'm wondering if there is a apk that got ripped out that is not allowing video stream decoding.

I do the same as Robert and stream to my Chromecast (or watch from my device).  The only "mods" I've done is changing my launcher to Nova and change some options through build.prop (Mute shutter sound, etc).  Otherwise, everything is stock & rooted based on the instructions that digi posted.

I do the same as Robert and stream to my Chromecast (or watch from my device). The only "mods" I've done is changing my launcher to Nova and change some options through build.prop (Mute shutter sound, etc). Otherwise, everything is stock & rooted based on the instructions that digi posted.

Shutter sound should already be on the camera settings options.

Shutter sound should already be on the camera settings options.

I saw the options and it works for the camera app, but those settings don't carry over to the Google Translate app. I tweaked some sort of setting to keep it from making noise whenever I used it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Yo Digi, we are 15 days from the MJ7 upgrade for the GN2, how much coffee do you need to turn around an updated digiblur ROM once you have the upgrade zip?

:lol:  :P  ;)  :lol:  :tu:

• Like 2

Yo Digi, we are 15 days from the MJ7 upgrade for the GN2, how much coffee do you need to turn around an updated digiblur ROM once you have the upgrade zip?

:lol:  :P  ;)  :lol:  :tu:

We will see if the date holds and of course if Knox gets in the way of others testing things out.  If I brick my device it would give me a good excuse to pick up maybe a Nexus5 but with the 1+ year broken state of NL03ME012 still pissing me off everyday it would have a different color SIM in it.

• Like 1

We will see if the date holds and of course if Knox gets in the way of others testing things out. If I brick my device it would give me a good excuse to pick up maybe a Nexus5 but with the 1+ year broken state of NL03ME012 still pissing me off everyday it would have a different color SIM in it.

Your can't leave sprint, your knowledge around here is needed to much.

Your can't leave sprint, your knowledge around here is needed to much.

Trying to hold out...not sure how much longer though. NL03ME012 is still making fatalities in its wake.. another 3 line account gone yesterday.  No telling how many others around.

Has anyone with this ROM downloaded the new hangouts app and gotten sms to work within hangouts? It doesn't even show up as an option to sms within the app for me.

Yep, I quickly looked around the app for an option to get rid of the all white background, sent an SMS, got one back, turned it off and signed out.  I would use the app if it wasn't so dang ugly.