digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

Looks good so far but I forgot about dropbox. Its too late to " pull the APK you need, and drop it in the ZIP before flashing" can I just drop in phone somehow?.

Or just go to the Google play store and download it.

I've got a question. I used to long press the home button to get a list of running apps and double press it to bring up some options like voice command and google search. Those seem to be gone. Is that because of some missing .apk?

I seem to be able to crash the UI pretty easy. I've had it happen a half dozen times but I'm not sure if its Tasker related or not.

I've got a question. I used to long press the home button to get a list of running apps and double press it to bring up some options like voice command and google search. Those seem to be gone. Is that because of some missing .apk?

I seem to be able to crash the UI pretty easy. I've had it happen a half dozen times but I'm not sure if its Tasker related or not.

S-Voice (Double tap) was removed. We all hate it. :D If you hold menu, then Google search should launch and you can say "Google" then etc etc. If you want to add S-Voice back you can. Tasker may be attempting to launch an apk that was removed. Check the removed apks to see if you're attempting to launch missing apps.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

S-Voice (Double tap) was removed. We all hate it. :D If you hold menu, then Google search should launch and you can say "Google" then etc etc. If you want to add S-Voice back you can. Tasker may be attempting to launch an apk that was removed. Check the removed apks to see if you're attempting to launch missing apps.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I never really used S-voice. I did use the list of running (recent?) apps tho.

I never really used S-voice. I did use the list of running (recent?) apps tho.

Holding the home key pulls up recent apps.

• Like 1

Doesn't on mine fir some reason it causes the UI to reset. I will try un install ing tasker.

One thing that must be s coincidence is I am getting faster speed test results. Over 1 mbps when I always seemed to get about .5->.8.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Wiped everything. I get a message that says unfortunately the UI has stopped

The back ground goes black and the bar across the top disappears. A few seconds later they come back. I will try again next weekend. I'm back on stock rooted now. I have to be able to get to Dropbox at work. Stored too much stuff there. It (dropbox) stops like 3 times with a pop up I have to hit on a reboot. I couldn't un install Dropbox or re download it. I'm sure I did something wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think I screwed it up with restoring stuff with titanium backup.

The extra "with" before the word titanium was so redundant and was a typo that had same word twice annoyed me so much I had to remove it...

:lol:

I should just give up typing on a phone.

Edited by DaQue

I think I screwed it up with restoring stuff with with titanium backup.

That will do it. ;)

I think I screwed it up with restoring stuff with with titanium backup.

That will do it every time depending on what you restore with any ROM. You have to be careful on what you restore.

I use Dropbox daily as well with no issues.

I thought it would be a short cut way to get everything back with the settings. Next weekend I will do it the right way and reinstall from the play store. There a good way to get all the stored passwords, saved notes etc back?

Chrome, internet app, color note, pandora, waze, etc...

I thought it would be a short cut way to get everything back with the settings. Next weekend I will do it the right way and reinstall from the play store. There a good way to get all the stored passwords, saved notes etc back?

Chrome, internet app, color note, pandora, waze, etc...

I usually just install the app from the play store then restore the data of the app.

Never ever restore any system app. Like trying to put Ford parts on a Chevy.

This question is for anyone when Digiblur said to back in an apk (Dropbox for me) you need from the removed files "drop it in the ZIP before flashing" it goes in data/app where com.sensorly.viewer.ver.2.2.2.5ga.build.2164.apk is right?

Also is a factory reset the only reset you need to do in TWRP or do you have to go back and do cache, system  etc manually.

Messing with my phone intimidates me for some reason. I will build a pc from scratch but phones I just feel like I'm sure to muck it up and have to go to the Sprint store with my tail between my legs or something. 

I just install Dropbox from the Play Store.  Not sure what the one they include is for.   

If you need other apks that I removed those go in the system/app folder of the zip. 

After you flash the zip do the factory reset in TWRP.  Samsung devices are easy to flash and very very hard to brick.

I just install Dropbox from the Play Store.  Not sure what the one they include is for.   

If you need other apks that I removed those go in the system/app folder of the zip. 

After you flash the zip do the factory reset in TWRP.  Samsung devices are easy to flash and very very hard to brick.

Thanks I think I bricked an EVO 4G once. Put me off rooting for about 2 years hehehe.

Thanks again for all the help will try it again in a bit. 

Looks like everything works right now. I just used Titanium backup to get a couple things data back.

I don't have all my apps back in yet but I make a restore image so if I find one really trashes it I can go back to working in 5 minutes.

• Like 1

No idea why except placebo effect or just coincidence but im getting 20% better speedtest.net results with this rom.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

It's Sugar Pills.

I wasn't expecting any difference but it does seem to show up in the numbers.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Even I would say there really shouldn't be a noticeable difference but maybe so with a lot of nonsense cut out freeing up possible resources.

Glad to hear you got through the rough spot and tried it again.