Sprint Marketing Updates 4G LTE City List where work is under way and adds 28 more communities including Michigan and Arizona!

There are several reasons they could not commit to a date like that. First' date=' if there are supply issues with a vendor, the build could be extended considerably, depending on what isn't available. Second, a natural disaster could put a kink in things, as did Sandy, but it was only a minor link. Third, if the backhaul vendor doesn't meet their forecasted date, there would be no transport.

And as far as the ground mounts are concerned, there will probably be more tower climbing taking place then once was thought. I know I have several sites in PA that likely have bullet holes in the hard lines. But they do go in pretty quickly, outdoor sites with easy access to the platform take about 3 to 4 days.[/quote']

I can totally understand that things are unpredictable.

Are you saying that some ground mount sites will end up being tower mount instead?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I don't understand how Kingman and Lake Havasu can be announced when there haven't been any accepted sites in either city. These are in Alcatel-Lucent territory and the normal way things work is that the sites get accepted and then 3 or 4 months later the 4G is turned on. So this latest list must be talking about events that will happen in April or May 2013?

It's funny you should say that. Five sites were accepted in Kingman today.

Robert

• Like 5

Im so glad to see some Arizona love. Im not going to frett, I already know work is being done in Phoenix. But what I want to know, since they announced those cities are they further along then the phoenix sites or what?

This is the first Sprint 4G in South Carolina. We never got WiMax and this is the first LTE announcement.

Are nearby towns usually upgraded along with the ones listed. Specifically, could Clemson, SC be a part of the Anderson, SC upgrade?

Shouldn't take too long to upgrade Anderson as they may only have 7-10 cell sites at that.

Some are pretty cool to see. But I'm sure this is going to get people stirred up again since they think their area was left off or they should be first.

So true!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Shouldn't take too long to upgrade Anderson as they may only have 7-10 cell sites at that.

My city only had four sites, first one was in march, just did the last one last week.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

Its funny how the Myrtle Beach market was one of the first markets in SC to get any type of NV upgrades (3G only for now) but they have yet to have any official Sprint announcements here or anywhere close to here...

You poor, poor thing. Sprint has been awful in MYB. A couple of summers ago, I couldn't send texts, make calls, anything on the south end of Myrtle while on vacation (between the old AFB and Hwy. 544 along Kings Hwy.). I ended up calling from someone else's AT&T phone and getting a bill credit for an entire month. It was marginally better this past summer, but Sprint's EV-DO makes AT&T's Edge look like a fiber connection. I was pulling ~20kbps.

• Like 1

That whole area will be in the middle of upgrading when they launch Anderson, so while Clemson wont be necessarily "launched" as early as Anderson, you very well could have LTE towers broadcasting in Clemson around or before that time.

I hope the two of you are right. Verizon and AT&T have LTE deployed and are advertising the hound out of them in Clemson.

You poor, poor thing. Sprint has been awful in MYB. A couple of summers ago, I couldn't send texts, make calls, anything on the south end of Myrtle while on vacation (between the old AFB and Hwy. 544 along Kings Hwy.). I ended up calling from someone else's AT&T phone and getting a bill credit for an entire month. It was marginally better this past summer, but Sprint's EV-DO makes AT&T's Edge look like a fiber connection. I was pulling ~20kbps.

Don't feel too bad for us. They have already started rolling out NV 3G here and it has made a huge difference capacity wise. I live near Coastal Grand Mall and get serviced from that tower that also services all of the mall traffic. The tower has been upgraded and can handle much more traffic, the big test so far was the holidays with all of the shoppers. I was still getting consistently over 1.5mbps down and around 1mbps up, even inside the mall where before it was 200/100 if lucky. At night when no one is on I get well over 2mbps. They have already done NV upgrades on about 5 towers around here and it's holding up pretty well. Fingers crossed that they get LTE on at least those towers and more 3G done by summer time. That's the true test for me.

• Like 1

Im so glad to see some Arizona love. Im not going to frett, I already know work is being done in Phoenix. But what I want to know, since they announced those cities are they further along then the phoenix sites or what?

They are not necessarily further along. Also, Kingman and Havasu are in the Vegas market.

Consider this...Kingman has less than 10 sites. Phoenix has hundreds of sites. If they both started the same day, Kingman would be done in a few months. At the same time, Phoenix wouldn't even be a quarter done. So in this scenario, it Kingman would be announced much farther in advance than Phoenix.

We have watched this same scenario occur in dozens of markets.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Just was there this past weekend due to a family emergency. Verizon was OK. LTE was strong where I was staying near the highway. But further into town everything was rather weak. I actually roamed on Alltel's 3G network a few times. Alltel was much bettter than Verizon, my family that live there have VZ too and they cut in and out on almost every phone call. Sprint seems like it is relatively weak looking at the tower map. No one that traveled with me has Sprint so I can't really comment on it. AT&T seemed about as bad/good as Verizon, but they are working on PCS at least.

Hopefully Greenville SC will be thrown into the mix :D PLEASE PLEASE!!!! lol

It will be. Every Sprint market will be.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Just was there this past weekend due to a family emergency. Verizon was OK. LTE was strong where I was staying near the highway. But further into town everything was rather weak. I actually roamed on Alltel's 3G network a few times. Alltel was much bettter than Verizon, my family that live there have VZ too and they cut in and out on almost every phone call. Sprint seems like it is relatively weak looking at the tower map. No one that traveled with me has Sprint so I can't really comment on it. AT&T seemed about as bad/good as Verizon, but they are working on PCS at least.

I lived in Anderson for 1 year and a few months after relocating there from Fort Lauderdale. If you didn't have native Sprint service you had very good Alltel service. T-Mobile claimed to have 3G there but it was non-existent and only slow EDGE was available. Nice peaceful city just not much to do there.

Hey, it could have been Winslow, AZ. So, "take it easy."

;)

AJ

At least Winslow has a song about it!

That being said... Lake Havasu is a huge party area, and small geographically (little work to launch in comparison). Not surprised at all to see it on that list.

• Like 1

Awesome news! Especially sense I live in Kingman. However, being that this area has come now, are we going to be getting 800 mHz? The reason I ask is when I look at the market maps the market is fairly large. As a matter of fact, Mohave County, which is mostly taken up in this market, is the fifth largest county in the country, and we do have issues with no coverage areas here, it would be nice to see us getting the 800 mHz to enhance the signal distance a little.

Awesome news! Especially sense I live in Kingman. However' date=' being that this area has come now, are we going to be getting 800 mHz? The reason I ask is when I look at the market maps the market is fairly large. As a matter of fact, Mohave County, which is mostly taken up in this market, is the fifth largest county in the country, and we do have issues with no coverage areas here, it would be nice to see us getting the 800 mHz to enhance the signal distance a little.[/quote']

The Kingman area will not be getting 800 MHz service at this time. They opted for Ground Mount for the RRU's for now, and for the busiest sites, could go back and do a full build out toward the end of Network Vision. I haven't been to Kingman for a number of years, so I don't know how bad the service is down there.

On the plus side, you will probably see LTE go live there before Vegas Metro area!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• 1 month later...

Well, its here and started. The guys working on it were kind enough to talk to me for a couple minutes and said they were doing a full build. I don't know if 800MHz LTE is in there, because he didn't mention it, but I know 800 MHz CDMA is. Supposed to be a couple weeks till its up and running.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgaporv1zdv9uzn/joftCc3wRj

• Like 3

Well, its here and started. The guys working on it were kind enough to talk to me for a couple minutes and said they were doing a full build. I don't know if 800MHz LTE is in there, because he didn't mention it, but I know 800 MHz CDMA is. Supposed to be a couple weeks till its up and running.

https://www.dropbox....9uzn/joftCc3wRj

Good pics. LTE 800 is still a ways out yet.

https://www.dropbox....9uzn/joftCc3wRj

You, sir, are our official rep from the Kingman area. If you have an LTE phone, get ready to map the area when LTE starts arriving! Thanks for sharing.

glasglow ky woohoo maybe next will be somerset ky home of all of 4,000 people in the winter and 100,000 people in the summer now lets get the rest of ky lit up lmao btw i'm about 7 hours away from glasglow in the same state (no easy way to get there) but i'm glad ky is on their map