Network Vision/LTE - East Texas Market (Longview, Tyler, Texarkana, Shreveport, Monroe)

whfd930

im gonna go map some now. Try to see how far it goes

Cool! Coming my way i lost coverage around the Ymca which is were I work. Only had about 2 bars there but I'll map some more tomorrow as well

Cool! Coming my way i lost coverage around the Ymca which is were I work. Only had about 2 bars there but I'll map some more tomorrow as well

got to map the two sector to see the distance it goes. And I got 30mbps down and a 36ms ping

Screenshot_2013-07-27-01-00-47.png

Screenshot_2013-07-27-01-02-59.png

• Like 2

Well looks as if we've mapped a decent amount of data

I got the screen shots of the engineering screen too. For all 3 sectors. I found that the south east sector has the fastest data for whatever reason. I am not sure If I am allowed to post the engineering screens here but I did post them in the sponsor forum in the link in a previous post

I got the screen shots of the engineering screen too. For all 3 sectors. I found that the south east sector has the fastest data for whatever reason. I am not sure If I am allowed to post the engineering screens here but I did post them in the sponsor forum in the link in a previous post

ok cool

im doing some more mapping today but have you seen any new sites

yeah right by john tyler I pick up a new site, but it is only in that area. It is coming from the site on 64 west and the loop. Testing mode I think. And the site downtown is 3g/4g accepted I think

yeah right by john tyler I pick up a new site, but it is only in that area. It is coming from the site on 64 west and the loop. Testing mode I think. And the site downtown is 3g/4g accepted I think

ok I was over on the west end of Garden Valley in front of Boulter middle school and barely pick up 4g but horrible speeds so I guess its coming from that site on 64 that may be in testing mode because I had 4 to 5 bars

ok I was over on the west end of Garden Valley in front of Boulter middle school and barely pick up 4g but horrible speeds so I guess its coming from that site on 64 that may be in testing mode because I had 4 to 5 bars

Remember, bars DO NOT show 4G signal levels (except for iPhone).

Since you have a Note 2, you will need to either go into the Engineering screens (dial ##DEBUG# and enter 777648), or download the SignalCheck app.

It sounds like you had a very very weak LTE signal, which is why speeds were so slow. Most likely still from the one site that is currently active.

Since you have a Note 2, you will need to either go into the Engineering screens (dial ##DEBUG# and enter 777642 ), or download the SignalCheck app.

It sounds like you had a very very weak LTE signal, which is why speeds were so slow. Most likely still from the one site that is currently active.

ok but that site that is active is pretty far from where I was

Yeah... and that means what? You can get a signal up to 8+ miles from a site depending on how it's configured. I've seen close to 13 miles in open country.

ook I just didn't think that site would deliver that kind of coverage since I have been around that tower before and lost coverage after about a mile and a half

Was at East Texas Regional Airport the last two nights. No 4G yet there, nor did I expect any, and data was nonexistent due to the large quantity of people there for the Great Texas Balloon Festival the second night...but voice and SMS worked perfectly. And at times data was 600-700 kbps in each direction, so nothing to complain about.

ook I just didn't think that site would deliver that kind of coverage since I have been around that tower before and lost coverage after about a mile and a half

the site downtown is being tested. Did a trick digiblur suggested and mapped out a ton more of tyler with it. It looks like areas downtown are the only test sites. But speeds range from 2-25mbps with 75 on the signal

Since you have a Note 2, you will need to either go into the Engineering screens (dial ##DEBUG# and enter 777648), or download the SignalCheck app.

you hit a one of the famous "donut" site's. Its the site on 64 and loop 323 west I believe. Based on the serving cells and all that

Okay, based upon Sensorly mapping, it does look like there is a second site live. But do remember that full bars =/= full LTE.

you hit a one of the famous "donut" site's. Its the site on 64 and loop 323 west I believe. Based on the serving cells and all that

Wrong quote? Haha

Okay, based upon Sensorly mapping, it does look like there is a second site live. But do remember that full bars =/= full LTE.

Wrong quote? Haha

I wouldn't say live...  its what we've coined in the NOLA market thread as the donut mode.  All of the new sites in the past week or two seem to be in this donut mode.  Annoying as hell.

My theory/explanation here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page-178?p=176788&do=findComment&comment=176788

Wrong quote? Haha

I was in engineering mode and was able to tell it was the "full bars"

are you going by the site in front of the mall today?

I tried to see if I could of gotten a handoff from the "donut" site downtown, but no luck. I dont think any other sites are active, besides the three

are you going by the site in front of the mall today?

From what I can tell there are only 2 or 3 active sites all near the live site. 2 in testing mode and need a hand off and active data to keep it. I see a pattern of slowly moving from the center outwards towards the loop and such. And at night I only see one rru with a light on. Could be changing real soon though!

From what I can tell there are only 2 or 3 active sites all near the live site. 2 in testing mode and need a hand off and active data to keep it. I see a pattern of slowly moving from the center outwards towards the loop and such. And at night I only see one rru with a light on. Could be changing real soon though!

I see someone mapped a large portion going out on S. Broadway and going down Beckham turning into Troup Highway....Nice work

I see someone mapped a large portion going out on S. Broadway and going down Beckham turning into Troup Highway....Nice work

I tried to see the distance on the site downtown. And see if it would hand off to any others.  So when the downtown site is fully turned on its already mapped. It is getting great speeds. Even though I was the only one on it hahah