Network Vision/LTE - East Texas Market (Longview, Tyler, Texarkana, Shreveport, Monroe)

whfd930

I tried to see the distance on the site downtown. And see if it would hand off to any others. So when the downtown site is fully turned on its already mapped. It is getting great speeds. Even though I was the only one on it hahah

well im at the Ymca so I was on it a while this morning....and the statement you made about the Southeast sector being the fastest on that site by the Rose Garden was accurate. Going north and east from that tower had speeds between 4-16mbps but going southeast I hit 30 mbps down several times. Right there on Houston and Broadway the speeds were excellent

well im at the Ymca so I was on it a while this morning....and the statement you made about the Southeast sector being the fastest on that site by the Rose Garden was accurate. Going north and east from that tower had speeds between 4-16mbps but going southeast I hit 30 mbps down several times. Right there on Houston and Broadway the speeds were excellent

its the same on the downtown site as well, the southern areas are stronger signal and better speeds and reliability. Must be im think there is signal interference on the northsides, or they have more people on the sectors

its the same on the downtown site as well, the southern areas are stronger signal and better speeds and reliability. Must be im think there is signal interference on the northsides, or they have more people on the sectors

is the tower by the bakery downtown one of ours too. ...always get full bars right there but the lte only last for a second

I wouldn't say live...  its what we've coined in the NOLA market thread as the donut mode.  All of the new sites in the past week or two seem to be in this donut mode.  Annoying as hell.

My theory/explanation here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page-178?p=176788&do=findComment&comment=176788

The way it was mapped looks more like its active rather than in this testing "donut" thing. 

Read the post. I showed them how to surf the donut sites.

yeah I noticed that after a certain time in donut mode, it is as if it gets accepted into the site, cause the signal gets immediately better at the same point

yeah I noticed that after a certain time in donut mode, it is as if it gets accepted into the site, cause the signal gets immediately better at the same point

I didn't notice a difference in signal. Seemed kind of normal. Just know that when I stopped the ping it would drop you off the site a few seconds later. The site I was messing with has been in this mode for 2 months and was finally accepted almost a week ago. I might go mess with it some more later since it is only a few minutes from my house.

I will also post my findings when I call it in. Just waiting to hit the Sprint.com coverage maps so I have a leg to stand on when fighting with the CSR to open a ticket on the site.

• Like 1

I didn't notice a difference in signal. Seemed kind of normal. Just know that when I stopped the ping it would drop you off the site a few seconds later. The site I was messing with has been in months and was finally accepted almost a week ago. I might go mess with it some more later since it is only a few minutes from my house.I will also post my findings when I call it in. Just waiting to hit the Sprint.com coverage maps so I have a leg to stand on when fighting with the CSR to open a ticket on the site.

you said the speeds are fine on the sites right, the tyler donut site starts out worse than 3g on the download, then after a test or two it goes full speed.

you said the speeds are fine on the sites right, the tyler donut site starts out worse than 3g on the download, then after a test or two it goes full speed.

That's going to vary way too much since some sites might have EVDO on legacy, some on network vision, some sites have multiple EVDO channels, etc., plus you have many other subscribers on EVDO, etc. The donut sites have personally messed with happened to be previous 3G acceptance sites, months later backhaul was brought in, and legacy was actually removed right around the 4g kinda sorta activation.

That's going to vary way too much since some sites might have EVDO on legacy, some on network vision, some sites have multiple EVDO channels, etc., plus you have many other subscribers on EVDO, etc. The donut sites have personally messed with happened to be previous 3G acceptance sites, months later backhaul was brought in, and legacy was actually removed right around the 4g kinda sorta activation.

yeah I was just saying it starts out really slow on the donut site then all of a sudden its like ok ill give you some speed and is fine after that haha.

yeah I was just saying it starts out really slow on the donut site then all of a sudden its like ok ill give you some speed and is fine after that haha.

I misread your post about it being on 3g. Makes sense now.

For those running android download the terminal emulator. And run "ping 8.8.8.8" without quotes while in the live site and it will allow you to enter the donut sites. If someone has time try going as far north as possible and see if you can find the third donut site.

Here is where I was picking up what sector values. The yellow and black are from a site I can not really say for sure which one it is. I You can see where three colors hit, that is about where the site it. Not exact, but you can basically see how the sectors are pointing

LTE sector map.jpg

is the tower by the bakery downtown one of ours too. ...always get full bars right there but the lte only last for a second

just to let everyone know the site must be in donut mode cause I can not get sny lte anymore

I didn't pick up any either from downtown or Beckham or front street

I guess they shut it off from the general public :/ Guess it is the waiting game again

lol dammit

Yep. I am hoping the downtown site will go live to the public soon though. Maybe both sites will go live for good soon

Maybe it is broken already ;)

Knowing the luck everyone is having most likely. I honestly would not be suprised. So would you say ericsson's fault or sprint haha?

Hey as a heads up there was a huge gang shooting with 30+ shooters a few days ago in a park on vine. It is close to the site that was live. Just to make sure everyone is safe in their "adventures". Keep an eye out and try to stay in lit areas if at night. Be safe!

AT&T has launched LTE in Tyler/Longview area! Maybe they will make a network announcement soon on their website. Still speeds are a little faster on Verizon in East Tyler. Could be cause so many devices were connecting to the new LTE network. 

AT&T has launched LTE in Tyler/Longview area! Maybe they will make a network announcement soon on their website. Still speeds are a little faster on Verizon in East Tyler. Could be cause so many devices were connecting to the new LTE network. 

Really? Let me go check my moms device, and see if it gets lte

Yep it must of just been turned on. I live in viewing distance of an ATT LTE tower, wish I still had An ATT device to try it haha